Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

If we do decide to part company we should ask him who he recommends to manage us next.

He'll probably just recommend we shut the club down. I would be quite excited if he stayed or we put another quality manager in but fuck Nigel Pearson, Steve Bruce or any other uninspiring appointment.

I would be happy to stay down for 2 years to regain our identity and give younger players a chance but only under a progressive manager

It's not just about being manager though he needs to know he has full control and he won't know that till after the season has ended.

My guess is we'll go cheap and cheerful again  :rant:

To have full control, would Charnley and Carr not need to effectively sack themselves? Really can't see that happening.

Not really, Rafa tells Carr to go where Rafa wants him to, to look at players Rafa tells him to.

Charnley, pays whatever price Rafa tells him to for the players Rafa wants.

Or the pair of fucktards get sacked by Ashley, which doesn't seem like it will happen.

Aye.

As long as charnley is still present there will be no change because it's not an admission of failure. Why turn to keith bishop? The issue for me is not with Benitez, he may well stay but so will their bullshit methods and he'll leave. There'll be no building or restructure.

It's not just about being manager though he needs to know he has full control and he won't know that till after the season has ended.

My guess is we'll go cheap and cheerful again  :rant:

To have full control, would Charnley and Carr not need to effectively sack themselves? Really can't see that happening.

Not really, Rafa tells Carr to go where Rafa wants him to, to look at players Rafa tells him to.

Charnley, pays whatever price Rafa tells him to for the players Rafa wants.

Or the pair of fucktards get sacked by Ashley, which doesn't seem like it will happen.

Aye.

basically easy to give rafa full control- charnley and carr do what he says.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mark Warburton take over if Rafa goes but he will probably stick with Rangers I reckon.  Mind you Ashley might go for him just to f*** over the Rangers board.

:facepalm:

What if he didn't get us promoted? I know it's not likely he wouldn't, but nothing is guaranteed in life and with the regime we have.

That would be such a larger blight than "unable to save turd club circling the bowl with 10 games left" I can see him not wanting to risk it. 

Farewell Rafa.

He risked coming in the first place, though.

That's the only positive I am clinging to - he agreed to come in the first place and now he's here, he's falling for the place.

If it's up to him, I think he'll stay. Trouble is I think it will be out of his hands.

This will have all been decided ages ago.  He knew relegation was a possibility when he joined, and he'd have already decided what he'd do if it happened.

The break clause is there for a reason. He fully intended on quitting if we dropped imho. The question now, is whether or not he feels some sort of affinity with the fans/area and whether he can work with the knobheads above him. I'm sceptical.

Someone made a good point on Twitter that Benitiez will probably not want to seem callous by making a hasty decision to go. We will soon likely get a statement to the effect of "it's with a heavy heart that I have decided to leave".  His reputation will be in tact as this was the impossible job.

For all he may have grew fond of the place and the supporters, Rafa Benitez will not be managing a championship club imo.  Gonna be a wrench this like.

For me he would stay if the club allow him to rebuild everything. That would require a new board and some serious investment as the current lot have proven time and time again they are completely incompetent.  Rafa would only have to look at Ashley's track record to realise that and for that reason I cannot see him staying, why would he?

OK, he might have an affinity with the fans but that is nowhere near enough to keep a top class manager in the championship.  No way.  I would not blame him one bit if he goes, there is no historical evidence to suggest things will be any different.

Getting him in was both lucky and IMO a move that worked for both parties.  He keeps us up and we have momentum, he can get on with it and we can justify the cost.  It was more a PR exercise IMO to keep the fans onside.

Now we are facing completely the opposite.  Balancing cost versus getting back into the Premiership - all with a pretty bang average squad, of which half will most likely leave anyway.

Thanks anyway Rafa, it was a pleasure albeit a short term one!