Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

I'd add Simeone to that list, too.

Ah yeah. Knew I'd missed an obvious one :lol:

Rafa loves a brown jacket like  (definitely not a criticism, merely an observation)

I wouldn't say dress sense is one of his strengths TBH, his suits don't even fit.

Absolutely agree. A man of his pedigree should be going to a tailor. His touchline suits look like they're straight off the hangers from Next.

Just thinking out loud - how many managers do you think are better than Rafa? I've got Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Klopp, Wenger....

Why Klopp? So far he is a one club hero only.

Guest palnese

http://replygif.net/i/1472.gif

Allardyce has to be right up there.

Don't think it was BMI he was referring to.

And Pearson like :thup:

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

No idea, definitely can't think of one in England.

Not that I'm comparing 'Arry to Benitez, but I don't even think he's ever managed in the Championship?

QPR two seasons back

Why Klopp? So far he is a one club hero only.

Took Mainz up to the Bundesliga for the first time in their almost 100 year old history and got them into Europe the season after (via fair play, mind). Got Liverpool to the EL final this year with a squad that isn't his. He is a top class manager, simple as that.

Better than Rafa? Klopp & Wenger it's a no. Ancelotti & Simeone maybe. Lets see how Guardiola goes in the PL, I have a feeling he will struggle.

Wenger not so much anymore. Funny considering their resources but Pep definitely has his hands full with City.

Wenger may not be as good as he was but he's still a top class manager compared to most others, they were 2nd in the league this year after all...

:thup: he seems to have hit a barrier at Arsenal and should probably move on but he's still at the top.

I love him like, probably my favourite man in football.

Guest firetotheworks

http://replygif.net/i/1472.gif

...of all the people to use for a gif.

Wenger is top class but he's not what we need to get out of this division. I think even when we are promoted Rafa is the right man for us, we need a manager with a reputation for organisation, not someone who builds nice football teams with a soft centre.

Arsenal haven't always had a soft centre though. It's only recently that he's lacked a decent central midfielder with some physicality, I don't think he actually hates them.

I think they've lacked some steel in the middle of the park for some years now, and you could say the same for the central defence. Still amazing that he unfailingly gets them into the CL every season. But for where we are now, Rafa's a better fit. Because Wenger wouldn't even entertain the thought of managing us for one thing.