Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It'd be just our luck for his helicopter to crash :/

fuckin hell :lol:

well thats how much we've been damaged over the years.

I know - it breeds pessimism the way we've been treated. I've been worrying about the heart attack risk too - he works so hard and is still carrying weight.

fucking  hell, man. you really need help!!!!!

Imagine what might have been had we appointed someone of this man's calibre back in 2010

Should've went for him after the end of 2012/13. IMO.

Someone capable for 2004/5 instead of Souness surely, when all the rot started for the very first time.

Agreed. It wouldn't have been Rafa though, he was at Liverpool when the club handled the Sir Bobby situation very badly.

Exactly, we took Sir Bobby for granted and it took the board 10+ years, two ownerships and multiple recruitment policies to realise he was never replaced properly. =(

I know - it breeds pessimism the way we've been treated. I've been worrying about the heart attack risk too - he works so hard and is still carrying weight.

f***ing  hell, man. you really need help!!!!!

''Twas a joke

f***ing  hell, man. you really need help!!!!!

''Twas a joke

O0

That would be verging on small time.  Rafa's said it once, doesn't need to be mentioned again or made a big deal of.

:thup:

Aye, hammering it home implies that it needs to be said, when it really shouldn't need to be.

This. A banner saying we're not a stepping stone club immediately confirms our status as stepping stone club.

He's completely rejuvenated my interest in the club

This. I was thinking the other day when Pardew was here and I actually wanted us to lose games. When we scored it was just a Partridge shrug.gif.

Now Rafa has brought all the love back,and considering we're in a lower division than before,that's quite mind blowing!

This. I was thinking the other day when Pardew was here and I actually wanted us to lose games. When we scored it was just a Partridge shrug.gif.

Now Rafa has brought all the love back,and considering we're in a lower division than before,that's quite mind blowing!

I remember being absolutely gutted at times when we scored. How did it ever come to that? :lol:

I remember being absolutely gutted at times when we scored. How did it ever come to that? :lol:

Because the camera instantly panned over to Pardew uppercutting the air?

because every goal meant the increased likelihood of his ongoing presence at the club

pardew almost killed my love of football in general, if i had the choice between the two i'd take the relegation and rafa any fucking day of the week like

because every goal meant the increased likelihood of his ongoing presence at the club

pardew almost killed my love of football in general, if i had the choice between the two i'd take the relegation and rafa any fucking day of the week like

You try to explain that to fans of other teams and they basically call you a liar. When in truth what you wrote there, is a spot on as it gets.

pardew almost killed my love of football in general, if i had the choice between the two i'd take the relegation and rafa any f***ing day of the week like

You try to explain that to fans of other teams and they basically call you a liar. When in truth what you wrote there, is a spot on as it gets.

Totally agree. I'm far far happier now after relegation but with Rafa in charge than I was for the 3 or 4 years previous to that in the premiership with dickheads in charge.

It's only after you've relegated you realise, for a fan, it doesn't really matter that much what division your team is in. Far more important things than that.

thats right for me but my kids are gutted they're not gonna see the likes of pogba, ibra etc in the flesh at SJP.

It's only after you've relegated you realise, for a fan, it doesn't really matter that much what division your team is in. Far more important things than that.

thats right for me but my kids are gutted they're not gonna see the likes of pogba, ibra etc in the flesh at SJP this year.

Amended. :thup:

pardew almost killed my love of football in general, if i had the choice between the two i'd take the relegation and rafa any f***ing day of the week like

Totally agree. I'm far far happier now after relegation but with Rafa in charge than I was for the 3 or 4 years previous to that in the premiership.

You could say us buying players is a feel good factor contributing to us all feeling better along with having Rafa, but it's not that imo. What you just put there, Rafa. A man who has changed our entire outlook, fans demeanour and hopefulness. I honestly don't how we managed to get through Pardew's reign without losing football forever. It seemed it would never end and we were all wrong about hiim, unjust to him etc.

A league down and never been happier in a decade, mad it might seem but that just how others always see us anyway.

thats right for me but my kids are gutted they're not gonna see the likes of pogba, ibra etc in the flesh at SJP.

hm, suppose it's hard to explain the difference between watching them turn up and shoe us off the pitch with grim inevitability due to incompetent management vs. being down for a year, hopefully coming back up and knowing we have a manager who will put us out to compete

god i fucking hated pardew and carver

thats right for me but my kids are gutted they're not gonna see the likes of pogba, ibra etc in the flesh at SJP this year.

ha ha. exactly what they've been told.

they were upset when i told them when a few of our (allegedly) best players were going to get sold.

that didnt last long though - they both got their new shirts and one demanded Ritchie, and the other wanted Gayle on their backs. New heroes instantly. Great being a kid.

they were upset when i told them when a few of our (allegedly) best players were going to get sold.

that didnt last long though - they both got their new shirts and one demanded Ritchie, and the other wanted Gayle on their backs. New heroes instantly. Great being a kid.

It's better for them to see the wholescale change and see us winning than to see us in the doldrums of the Premier league with a shit manager and getting beat every other week, that's for certain!

Think it's best for the kids not to see us get decimated by the likes of Pogba and Ibra at the moment. Who knows whether Rafa would have been given the freedom as what he is doing now if we had stayed up. For now, he has the chance to rebuild the team, the squad, the club so that when we do return to the Premier League, we won't be as s*** as we were previously.

Glad we got Rafa and relegation than being tonked week in and week out. Refer to the mackems for that experience.

It's better for them to see the wholescale change and see us winning than to see us in the doldrums of the Premier league with a shit manager and getting beat every other week, that's for certain!

:thup: I think I was 6 years old when I was starting to understand what being a football fan was. I started begging my Dad to take me to a game for about a year, I reckon, until he finally did in November '98.

If I had a young lad of the same age, who was the same as me back then - I'd have been horribly torn for the last few years. I would this season, no problem.