Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Don't think he's been 'screwed over' at all like. Like every manager across the 92 he'll want additional strength, but we find ourselves in the position of wanting PL players to come to a Championship side.

If he gets nee budget in the summer, then he's been screwed over #wait

Quite simply put, Charnley and Ashley are being tight cunts. Most clubs would take no risk with their promotion push, even if it meant having players on your books who we don't want come the summer.

By targetting long term, young players we are risking the short term. Do I think we will still be promoted? Yes, but why take the risk?

Quite simply put, Charnley and Ashley are being tight cunts. Most clubs would take no risk with their promotion push, even if it meant having players on your books who we don't want come the summer.

By targetting long term, young players we are risking the short term. Do I think we will still be promoted? Yes, but why take the risk?

Brighton & Leeds haven't done owt either tbf. Reading have brought a couple of shit players in. Not sure it's true that most clubs would take a different approach.

I honestly think he's been screwed over this window. He's said in every press conference that he wanted players in, how clear it was that we needed more balance and quality. And we're coming to the end of the window so far with nowt.

With the reports of Ashley's attempt at re-stamping his authority, I'm personally pretty worried for the summer if/when we go up.

I think the Townsend deal will probably happen, if it doesn't you might be onto something. Obviously it's took time to iron out the deal, but that's because it's a loan deal, not sure why we are doing it that way, but it might be down to Townsend not fully committing. Any other deals like McCarthy might not happen until the summer unless Everton drop their asking price. But it seems like we are looking at decent players.

If Rafa doesn't get big money to spend in the summer he'll leave. It's as simple as that. We all knew from the start that he wasn't going to come here to finish 10th, and I'm assuming Ashley knows it as well.

Genuinely think I'd fully give up on the club if Rafa were to walk because of Ashley. Last time no one outside the club (and a lot of our supporters, in fairness) bothered to acknowledge Ashley's catastrophic policies- mainly because it was Pardew who was the manager in question- but this time I think it would be extremely obvious to all that the club is poisoned beyond help whilst the current ownership remains.

Last Championship season during the Jan. window we signed Leon Best for £2m and Fabrice Pancrate on a free. Was there anyone else?

Clear as day now that all Ashley's intentions consist of are getting us back onto the gravy train for as little as possible, before keeping us on that train for as little as possible. Actually makes me want to top myself thinking about it (the worst part though is knowing the apathy people would/will great Benitez's revolt with). 'We cannit compete man!'

You won't be alone on giving up on the club if Rafa walks in summer because of limited funds...this is Ashley's LAST chance..

Genuinely think I'd fully give up on the club if Rafa were to walk because of Ashley. Last time no one outside the club (and a lot of our supporters, in fairness) bothered to acknowledge Ashley's catastrophic policies- mainly because it was Pardew who was the manager in question- but this time I think it would be extremely obvious to all that the club is poisoned beyond help whilst the current ownership remains.

Last Championship season during the Jan. window we signed Leon Best for £2m and Fabrice Pancrate on a free. Was there anyone else?

Clear as day now that all Ashley's intentions consist of are getting us back onto the gravy train for as little as possible, before keeping us on that train for as little as possible. Actually makes me want to top myself thinking about it (the worst part though is knowing the apathy people would/will great Benitez's revolt with). 'We cannit compete man!'

Aye, if Rafa has to leave because of Ashley that would be me done with the club like in terms of going to the game. Obviously I'll always support Newcastle but I'd cancel my season ticket straight away if Ashley fucks off Rafa. Ashley should realise how lucky he is to have a manager like Rafa in charge.

If Rafa doesn't get big money to spend in the summer he'll leave. It's as simple as that. We all knew from the start that he wasn't going to come here to finish 10th, and I'm assuming Ashley knows it as well.

This is where the problem lies. The ambitions of Rafa Benitez and Mike Ashley couldn't be further apart. Benitez wants to challenge for European places and Cups, Ashley wants 17th and upwards and doesn't want cup competitors getting in the way.

I'm pretty certain Rafa won't be here next season. He won't get anywhere near what he wants to spend to get us challenging at the top half of the PL table. He'll get us back up and then move on to a club more suited to his ambitions. He won't be short of takers.

You're pretty certain....what the f*** man, calm down :lol:

We'll see. A leopard doesn't change its spots and until Rafa we've only had losers prepared to work under Ashley, except for Keegan who soon saw through him. Rafa will get us up, no doubt he'll (wrongly) feel partly responsible for our relegation but a manager of his calibre won't stick around and work under the Mike Ashley model.

Just wondering though, why wouldn't Ashley back Rafa after he backed a useless manager like McClaren with big money? You can say Ashley will never change his policy but he already did when he gave that chump £80m to spend in one summer.

Guest Howaythetoon

We all know if Rafa left there would be a few fat cockney bastard get out of our club chants, some Rafa in Ashley out banners and then the next home game there will be 48k at SJP clapping, wearing their wonga tops and buying burgers at half time.

Just wondering though, why wouldn't Ashley back Rafa after he backed a useless manager like McClaren with big money? You can say Ashley will never change his policy but he already did when he gave that chump £80m to spend in one summer.

that money came from sky tv and having no net spend previously. fat cunt ain't gonna back any manager like that again until we've stayed in the premier league another couple of seasons.

We all know if Rafa left there would be a few fat cockney b****** get out of our club chants, some Rafa in Ashley out banners and then the next home game there will be 48k at SJP clapping, wearing their wonga tops and buying burgers at half time.

I reckon it would be the final straw for an awful lot of people. Rafa Benitez is our best chance of this club doing anything notable in the future and more importantly he gives us hope and something to believe in. We even started acting like a football club again. If he were to walk because Ashley goes back on previous promises I think you'd be looking at upwards of 20k people simply packing up and calling it a day. I actually think that would have happened in the summer if he hadn't agreed to stay on.

We all know if Rafa left there would be a few fat cockney b****** get out of our club chants, some Rafa in Ashley out banners and then the next home game there will be 48k at SJP clapping, wearing their wonga tops and buying burgers at half time.

I reckon it would be the final straw for an awful lot of people. Rafa Benitez is our best chance of this club doing anything notable in the future and more importantly he gives us hope and something to believe in. We even started acting like a football club again. If he were to walk because Ashley goes back on previous promises I think you'd be looking at upwards of 20k people simply packing up and calling it a day. I actually think that would have happened in the summer if he hadn't agreed to stay on.

Agree with this.

I'm as comfortable as I can be under Ashley TBH. They had detailed discussions, Rafa was happy to sign up. Of course there's a chance Ashley might have a brain attack but pointless worrying about that all the time.

This.

Same.

I'm as comfortable as I can be under Ashley TBH. They had detailed discussions, Rafa was happy to sign up. Of course there's a chance Ashley might have a brain attack but pointless worrying about that all the time.

This.

Can't believe Rafa would have signed up to manager us in the Championship if he wasn't promised he'd be given money for players.  He clearly has had players in mind but the club haven't delivered.  Long term this isn't good - promotion or not he'll walk.