Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

If Ashley lets Rafa build the club back up his way, recruiting, academy, etc. there is no doubt in my mind we will see success on the pitch and we'll be challenging in the top 7 of the table in a few years.

He would make Ashley more money being a successful club, there is only so much you can get out of a cost cutting cost saving bottom club that risks relegation every few seasons.

I just imagine everything Rafa has said is perfectly reasonable, sensible, affordable, and realistic-  and Ashley has still had to go away and think about it.

No matter how much of a prick he is, surely even Ashley couldn't help but get swept up in that atmosphere on Sunday, and that was just for winning the Championship for Christ's sake.

We've been here before though unfortunately. I'm sitting tight until the 1st September to see what happens.

2nd round doesnt come across as a good thing to me. :lol:

There'll be loads he wants to talk about I reckon, not just how much money he's after for players. I reckon he'll be wanting to discuss long term plans for the club, new training ground & academy etc.

Remember folks Rafa is a manager of a style we haven't been accustomed to. He wants total control over all aspects of the sporting side. So from the academy's to the medical side all the way through to the first Team.

These talks will be of a very large scope I imagine.

Guest neesy111

Is Charnley involved in these discussions ?

Well the teas aren't going to make themselves, are they?

:lol:

I can't help but hark back to the Sheaerer anecdote of meeting Ashley, explaining his transfer plans, getting them approved, shaking hands and then never hearing from him again :lol:.

What Mike Ashley says and what he does are completely different things.

So long as Rafa is wearing a smile come September that's all I give a fuck about.

Agree completely about Rafa if backed sticking around, when you've managed real Madrid you're unlikely to get seduced by West hams shit mega stadium. He likes us because it's a long term project, he doesn't need a quick reputation boost stay at a club like koeman at Southampton

2nd round doesnt come across as a good thing to me. :lol:

There'll be loads he wants to talk about I reckon, not just how much money he's after for players. I reckon he'll be wanting to discuss long term plans for the club, new training ground & academy etc.

I think the main clarification will be ambition. Not in a daft way like 'give me the money to win the league next season', but just how does Ashley see the club? Rafa is here because he sees it as a sleeping giant. Ashley has to share that vision rather than run it like a cheap merchandising tool for SD. I don't think Rafa will be unrealistic about the immediate budget as long as he knows Ashley wants to genuinely win trophies.