Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I reckon he'll stay at least until January. I'd imagine he will want to build on his work from last season, whilst seeing it as quite a challenge in trying to get us as high a finish as possible/survival.

That's probably me giving myself a way out from crying myself to sleep tonight, but regardless he will not be here not season.

Rafa has never quit a job I don't believe, and so he won't do it here.

If the window ends in disaster he will start releasing info through the media and exposing what has gone on, which will make MA squirm no end.

He will have to sack Rafa in order to get rid of him IMO.

Valencia, and it was because of clashes regarding transfer policy  :whistle:

That photo shows what calibre of a manager he is. Ashley should be fucking disgusted at not backing him, the fucking cunt.

Looking forward to some fuckwit saying he should be at home sorting out transfers instead of being at this.

Rafa at that Elite Coaches Meeting was probably like John Candy in Cool Runnings. Just begging for one of his mates to give him something on the cheap to try and compete, even if he was old and rusty at such short notice and on the money we have.

[emoji38] Great stuff

Rafa at that Elite Coaches Meeting was probably like John Candy in Cool Runnings. Just begging for one of his mates to give him something on the cheap to try and compete, even if he was old and rusty at such short notice and on the money we have.

[emoji38] Great stuff

Good at least someone quoted that, great reference and comparison :lol:

Rafa has never quit a job I don't believe, and so he won't do it here.

If the window ends in disaster he will start releasing info through the media and exposing what has gone on, which will make MA squirm no end.

He will have to sack Rafa in order to get rid of him IMO.

Valencia, and it was because of clashes regarding transfer policy  :whistle:

Ah right ... we're screwed then. Brilliant.

Guest firetotheworks

Lovely stuff

[emoji38] Great stuff

:lol: top notch reference

Rafa will stay 100% . He suffered far worse at Liverpool under Hicks and Gillette ownership and never walked out .And that was when the likes of Real Madrid wanted him.

He is loyal to the fans to the core.There is zero chance he will resign regardless of whatever happens in this window.

Rafa will stay 100% . He suffered far worse at Liverpool under Hicks and Gillette ownership and never walked out .And that was when the likes of Real Madrid wanted him.

He is loyal to the fans to the core.There is zero chance he will resign regardless of whatever happens in this window.

Hope you're right mate.

Whilst he's clearly had numerous battles with boards over his career, this one is different. This one involves a serious possibility of relegation. Relegation would be a big dent in Rafa's reputation (even if it shouldn't, but we know how fickle and uninformed people within the sport generally are). Even a bad string of defeats could result in a sacking by Ashley, which would be an even bigger dent in his reputation. In both instances his future job prospects could be damaged, which is something I'm sure he'd want to avoid, and there's going to be a line drawn as to how much risk he's willing to take on - it's easy to forget that some managers have their careers effectively ended after a bad job or two. Whilst that won't happen to Rafa, it does mean he'll not have a reasonable pick of clubs going forward.

And this is before we get to all of the stuff about principles, broken promises, being lied to, etc.

I believe he will stay for the players and the fans.

But he will probably no longer believe in a long term project. He will be working to put us on a solid platform that the next manager can either build on or fuck up.

Maybe one day he will return under new ownership.