Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

God I'm repulsed at the prospect of us saying - for the next God knows how many years - "imagine if we'd stayed up and kept Rafa."

I feel absolutely sick this morning. We're down and I genuinely think we're in the doldrums for the foreseeable. We're not the next Leeds/Portsmouth but we might well be the next Blackburn, for example. It's gonna be absolutely crap. Just stuck down there for years without any tangible hope of a likely return.

Considering Blackburn are now over £100m in debt I'd rather not be them to be honest.

So will we be when Ashley fucks off

If it rids us of Ashley a second quicker it's for the greater good. The only solace I'll take from it.

If I was given a choice I would rather have Rafa and Ashley at the club than neither of them.  Replace Charnley with a competent MD and get rid of Moncur and Carr and we could do OK. 

If it rids us of Ashley a second quicker it's for the greater good. The only solace I'll take from it.

If I was given a choice I would rather have Rafa and Ashley at the club than neither of them.  Replace Charnley with a competent MD and get rid of Moncur and Carr and we could do OK. 

Love Benitez but I'd sacrifice him if it meant getting rid of Ashley. The club is rotten to the core and it all stems from Ashley. Soon to be 2 relegations, plenty more scrapes with relegation, embarrassing cup exits, sports direct arena, Dennis Wise, Joe Kinnear, Pardew, Llambias, just some of the most loathsome human beings we've had at our club since that fat bast@rd came in. I could go on but what's the point?

Benitez will be gone soon enough anyway. He'll have far better offers than us, cone the summer. Nailed on for Valencia imo.

God I'm repulsed at the prospect of us saying - for the next God knows how many years - "imagine if we'd stayed up and kept Rafa."

I feel absolutely sick this morning. We're down and I genuinely think we're in the doldrums for the foreseeable. We're not the next Leeds/Portsmouth but we might well be the next Blackburn, for example. It's gonna be absolutely crap. Just stuck down there for years without any tangible hope of a likely return.

Considering Blackburn are now over £100m in debt I'd rather not be them to be honest.

Sure, sure - I meant purely in footballing terms. You'd think we'd have the infrastructure in place not to drop to League 1, but we'll be pottering about the Championship for years now is my guess. If we were apathetic before, christ it's gonna be on another level from now on.

We won't though, 7th highest revenue in the country will put us comfortably top of the Championship in terms of money coming in, and the parachute payments would only enhance that. We only need to hit on 3 or 4 key signings and that will be good enough. Surely even we can't fuck it up that bad? :lol:

Only 3 teams can go up. Aston Villa and Sunderland will be equally strong (or stronger) candidates to go up dependant on squad investment, and choices of Manager. As well as the likes of Brighton, Hull etc. (good consistently competitive Championship teams), you would think others like Fulham and QPR with big budgets for players.

If there's one man who can fuck this up, we know who it is.

Aston Villa will be stronger? Based on...?

My thoughts exactly... Villa are the only club in the premier league atm that I wouldn't swap places with (obviously there the only club below us) but they are probably the only club who are in bigger disarray than us off the field aswell as on it ?... And the previous comments about us doing a Leeds/Pompey etc, I think it is far more likely that villa will really suffer and not come back for a few years.... Granted at the moment I do feel well not get back up any time soon either the way it stands... Benitez will obviously leave, God knows who well get in to replace him, and the way we're playing at the minute I wouldn't  put money on us getting out of league 1 let alone the championship ... But I feel that all we would need to is appoint a competent manager... And address a few key areas and I think we would make a serious attempt for the top 2.... But with villa I get the feeling that the problems lie a lot deeper with them... Saying that thought whoever is joining us between the mackems/Norwich I think they would comfortably get back up !

They will be strong contenders for promotion, as will Sunderland- large PL clubs with similar budgets. All have been a shambles in the PL this season and before, however my point was just to show there is greater competition from "big clubs" with big budgets than when were there before.

Villa are a shambles, but so are we.

I see Villa being just as bad as Fulham and could find themselves in an equally bad state in the Championship.

They will be strong contenders for promotion, as will Sunderland- large PL clubs with similar budgets. All have been a shambles in the PL this season and before, however my point was just to show there is greater competition from "big clubs" with big budgets than when were there before.

I'm not sure how Sunderland will cope next season either. Fat Sam is a lot better at neutralising big teams than beating poor ones. Will the likes of Defoe or any of their international brigade want to hang around?

I'm not sure how Sunderland will cope next season either. Fat Sam is a lot better at neutralising big teams than beating poor ones. Will the likes of Defoe or any of their international brigade want to hang around?

I would imagine Defoe will look for a move back south as he did in August, if Bournemouth come in for him again he'll be away. Sam will probably prefer that though so he can revert to type with a big fucker up there.

A lot of ifs and buts admittedly, but Fat Sam got Bolton and established them as a mid-table side and then got West Ham promoted (albeit through the playoffs).

That was a long time ago. I'd be surprised if other lower league clubs hadn't learned to cope with these techniques by now.

A lot of ifs and buts admittedly, but Fat Sam got Bolton and established them as a mid-table side and then got West Ham promoted (albeit through the playoffs).

That was a long time ago. I'd be surprised if other lower league clubs hadn't learned to cope with these techniques by now.

Watching the channel 5 highlights show yesterday, you're in for a surprise. :lol:

Hope he drills into the players that giving free kicks away in dangerous positions is, well, a dangerous thing to do (funny that). So many are guilty of it- Ginger cuntflap, Tiote, Janmaat, even Chancel's letting it slip into his game...it's frustrating and pretty f***ing amateur to watch.

He's got a monumental task on his hands. Even when Leicester were in this position last season, they still had a determination and rapport with each other in the team, a willingness to fight and battle, the nous to stick to a gameplan and to be disciplined in doing so. Watching some bald banjo string licking captain saunter round the pitch like it's a s*** version of Centre Parcs when we don't have the ball doesn't exactly fill the most optimistic abuse victim (fan) with hope.

Selection was definitely wrong. Lascelles is by far the best header of a ball out of our defenders and should have been marking Mbokani who won 89% of his aerial duels against us. Anita shouldn't have been at LB, and Cisse should never start for us.