Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Written assurances were requested on full control, scouting network structure and transfer budgets apparently. Now received, hence the movement.

Just have to hope the club stick by them.

Chuffed to bits. Rafa is the man! What a classy act for someone of his pedigree to take us on. He deserves legend status just for that.

Wish I lived back at home so I could go to the matches.

No matter what happens, he deserves loads of credit for taking this project on. None of this 'I'll only manage a club in the Champions League' wank the other top managers seemingly subscribe to, with world class players and unlimited funds to play with.

The first bit of genuine hope about this club in a long time.

No matter what happens, he deserves loads of credit for taking this project on. None of this 'I'll only manage a club in the Champions League' wank the other top managers seemingly subscribe to, with world class players and unlimited funds to play with.

He's an instant club legend for this.

No matter what happens, he deserves loads of credit for taking this project on. None of this 'I'll only manage a club in the Champions League' w*** the other top managers seemingly subscribe to, with world class players and unlimited funds to play with.

THIS! So much this! :thup:

Rafa signing an updated contract with us goes to show how big a draw we actually are. Getting him in the first place was massive especially given our predicament at the time, retaining him after relegation just goes to show the potential we have. One of the best managers in the world with a proven pedigree managing in the 2nd tier of English football. I'm not even worry about him being messed around as I am sure the delay has been him making sure Mike's assurances/promises are iron clad. Him and his back room staff won't be on the cheap either so Mike sacking them on whim doesn't seem like an option either.

This is weird, I actually find myself optimistic about us :)

:thup:

And in many ways, starting in the Championship is actually a positive. Obviously we desperately need to be promoted at the first attempt but it forces the hands of players, agents and the club alike. Start again and rebuild properly, hopefully within a winning atmosphere.

And in many ways, starting in the Championship is actually a positive. Obviously we desperately need to be promoted at the first attempt but it forces the hands of players, agents and the club alike. Start again and rebuild properly, hopefully within a winning atmosphere.

Agree 100%

I actually think in this instance, relegation is probably the best thing we could have hoped for. A year to gain togetherness, focus and get used to Rafa and for him to put his stamp on the team.

Enormously excited about the season ahead.