Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Cannot understand why Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar and the like featured tonight. If they're not in your plans, don't f***ing play them.

He's got to sell them before he can bring anyone else in. He said before the game that he would need to give them a chance to show other clubs that they're fit and worth signing.

Missed this tbf. What if they get injured though?

That's the risk you take, if they were kept out of the picture completely then other clubs wouldn't be able to see them.

I'm not saying I'd have done it BTW, just saying he openly stated he was going to do it. Even said 'I can't lie to the fans' about his plans for the team tonight.

Cannot understand why Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar and the like featured tonight. If they're not in your plans, don't f***ing play them.

He's got to sell them before he can bring anyone else in. He said before the game that he would need to give them a chance to show other clubs that they're fit and worth signing.

That's the risk you take, if they were kept out of the picture completely then other clubs wouldn't be able to see them.

I'm not saying I'd have done it BTW, just saying he openly stated he was going to do it. Even said 'I'm can't lie to the fans' about his plans for the team tonight.

Hadnt seen that. Still think it was the wrong decision, but at least he was honest with his plans.

Said beforehand but it looked like a protest XI for me. Stretching the politics out into our cup competitions now. He's p*ssed me off with the Huddersfield game and this one. We all know things happening aren't good enough, but you have to get on with it and instill some positivity in our games. At the moment he's just making things worse.

Aye.

Should be riots when he eventually walks the first manager we've had who actually has a vision and long term ambition instead we will have people celebrating and picking on the smallest faults to a prove a point which they can't even validate.

The only winner is Ashley his divide and conquer strategy is working a charm what shirt memories and little faith we have.

Horrible XI, then takes off Aarons and Barlaser who were the pick of the side and leaves on Murphy, Saivet anf Diame who were playing like they were on smack.

Not sure what the idea is. Protesting with his team selection?

Guest neesy111

Horrible XI, then takes off Aarons and Barlaser who were the pick of the side and leaves on Murphy, Saivet anf Diame who were playing like they were on smack.

Not sure what the idea is. Protesting with his team selection?

Aarons was injured.

Guest chopey

Swear I read somewhere Rafa has to pay big bucks if he walks

£2m.  Ashley has it put in for every manager.

Cool, at least Gary Megson will have a couple of mill to spend in January.

Swear I read somewhere Rafa has to pay big bucks if he walks

Think it was more that any club that takes him next has to pay us a ludicrous penalty.

Sounds like a fair process really? Otherwise any Manager who wants another job could just resign and then the idea of compensation for stealing staff would just dissapear.

Then we will still have them on the books and they will still not play. Same outcome as if they didn't play.

Evening all.

Good start from you lot  :mike:

Tbh, even as a long term Rafa lover, i think the fact he's pissed off might have transmitted itself to players. But what do you expect? The man's incredibly ambitious, and wears his heart on his sleeve; if he's being pissed about he won't be able to hide it. And he's doing it for the right reasons - to make the club better. But what can he do in the face of a man who has no interest in making the club better. Who often seems like he wants to make the club worse? Will Ashley even bother to sack him if you lose loads on the trot (I've never seen a Rafa side go into a losing slump btw...) or will he simply let it go on?

I don't know how it goes from here. Rafa won't settle for mediocrity. It's difficult to see Ashley backing him in the way he needs. An uneasy truce helps no one.

Maybe when the window shuts Rafa might be able to carry on and do his thing, and make it work. But the wound just gets reopened in January. Then next summer...it seems unsustainable while Ashley is there.

Benitez hasn't been given what he thinks he was promised, but, tin hat on, he is in danger of going full on Davey Moyes here if he isn't careful. Moyes had Sunderland in a relegation battle after two games after he more or less called his players shit (which they were, as proven).

The current players may be the ones that have to do the job (or not) for Benitez, so whilst I understand the idea of trying to put a bit of pressure on Ashley (I'm not sure if Ashley will give two fucks mind!), he has to be careful that he doesn't lose respect in the dressing room.

1. Rafa isn't Moyes, there isn't any comparison.

2. The dressing room is full of mediocre players earning big wages. Why would anyone need to earn their respect?

Evening all.

Good start from you lot  :mike:

Tbh, even as a long term Rafa lover, i think the fact he's pissed off might have transmitted itself to players. But what do you expect? The man's incredibly ambitious, and wears his heart on his sleeve; if he's being pissed about he won't be able to hide it. And he's doing it for the right reasons - to make the club better. But what can he do in the face of a man who has no interest in making the club better. Who often seems like he wants to make the club worse? Will Ashley even bother to sack him if you lose loads on the trot (I've never seen a Rafa side go into a losing slump btw...) or will he simply let it go on?

I don't know how it goes from here. Rafa won't settle for mediocrity. It's difficult to see Ashley backing him in the way he needs. An uneasy truce helps no one.

Maybe when the window shuts Rafa might be able to carry on and do his thing, and make it work. But the wound just gets reopened in January. Then next summer...it seems unsustainable while Ashley is there.

What he said.

Guest neesy111

I doubt this bonus negotiation fiasco is helping either.

We haven't agreed bonuses with the players and staff yet?  How many times has this happened under ashley ffs.

I doubt this bonus negotiation fiasco is helping either.

We haven't agreed bonuses with the players and staff yet?  How many times has this happened under ashley ffs.

Bonuses should be dead easy. 10million a man if we reach the champs league.