Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Heard this mentalist on total sport?! Pearson better fit?

One of the reasons I'm so relieved Rafa agreed to come here, someone like Pearson would just have been another boardroom puppet, bringing shit football with it as well.

Fair play to Rafa by the way, for believing in us as a club because although he doesn't exactly have his pick, he could do far better than us to be truthful. He was after all Real Madrid's manager most recently and with Guardiola leaving for City you might wonder whether Bayern would have looked at him... or Juventus if their manager leaves for Chelsea! All ifs and buts of course, but he is a massive coup.

Knowing what we already know about him and his work and speaking to a few LFC fans I keep in touch with who know their stuff, its all about the project with him, building something that leads to success. He's not in it for the money or to satisfy his ego, he wants to build a successful club, not just a team, but a club. He is very detailed and a workaholic. His preperation is second to none and tactically I regard hims as the best in world football.

If he has full control and is backed sufficiently in the transfer market I believe he can deliver a top 6 side and a trophy... providing we stay up of course.

He lost his way in his final year at Liverpool and the Inter job was strange, I think he wanted to get back to work straight away, always wanted to work in Italy and went for it. Poor judgement on his behalf as Mourinho had spent that particular force so to speak.

He won't deliver the Entertainers 3 and he will split the fans on some issues, but we will be much better off as a team. I alway thought individually his LFC team was average outside of Xabi, Gerrard and Torress for example but they went close to winning the league and of course won cups, the CL being the most notable.

Oh and he's a good bloke too, he donated £96K of his own money to the Hillsborough family!

I never really liked Liverpool under Benitez, but I had to give them grudging respect. No they didn't play flamboyant football, but they were hard to beat, and won a lot of head to heads with other top teams around them. If anything, their caution sometimes meant they didn't win enough games against the weaker teams. He will get us organised next season if we can stay up. I'm worried that he won't be able to do much in the short term with our hopeless defenders.

Guest neesy111

It's fucking mad seeing him in for us. I proper love it

I'm still in shock, I'd never believed he would join us.

I'd fucking love it if he dragged this club up from its knees as it is now, I don't just mean on the pitch. He can be that person. McClaren might have been a reasonable idea in principle but he came in as the coach, he accepted that and the club still thought they knew their way was the best. He hasn't been good enough, and the system has failed yet again. If the threat of losing the big TV money has forced Ashley and the board into going back to a more normal style of running a club then great.

Can't get over this. It's fucking amazing.

We'd better stay up.