Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest neesy111

Bottom line, imagine how distraught we'd all be if they'd got Pearson in.[emoji38]

Was it Pearson in charge when we lost 6-0 at Man Utd? Or am I re-writing history?

Think that was Steve Clarke

I'm sure it was Pearson, didn't Ronaldo score 3 and Tevez get 2?

It was Pearson. Michael Owen had a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside in the first half and it was 0-0 at half time.

Clarke was manager when we got humped 5-1 at Old Trafford in between Gullitt leaving and Robson taking over. Pretty sure it was on August Bank Holiday Monday Afternoon.

:thup:

If we stay up i'm interested in the direction he takes us in terms of style of play.

I hated him at Madrid. Absolutely hated him, his natural inclination goes against everything the club is about. He couldn'gt make that club in his image but due to his stature he could do it here successfully.

In at least 6 positions he's basics first. Goalie's seem to do well under him and his coaches so i'm optimistic about Krul improving next season.

Likes a no nonsense back 4. Agger, Skrtel, Carragher came of age under Rafa and Sami too. FB signings include Arbeloa, liked to play nacho at Madrid. Rarely played Riise at LB iirc.

I hated him at Madrid. Absolutely hated him, his natural inclination goes against everything the club is about. He couldn'gt make that club in his image but due to his stature he could do it here successfully.

Do you support Real Madrid as well like?

If we stay up i'm interested in the direction he takes us in terms of style of play.

In at least 6 positions he's basics first. Goalie's seem to do well under him and his coaches so i'm optimistic about Krul improving next season.

Likes a no nonsense back 4. Agger, Skrtel, Carragher came of age under Rafa and Sami too. FB signings include Arbeloa, liked to play nacho at Madrid. Rarely played Riise at LB iirc.

He hasn't brought his goal keeping coach we are stuck with Simon Smith.

I look forward to seeing us tactical competent for the first time in seemingly forever.

Rafa is a massive signing for us but i feel its far to late, we need a minimum of 13/30 going by the 4 seasons or a maximum of 16/30 . If we go down Ashley will go back to the old routine and never change back again

What is Real Madrid all about? Well apart from being absolute bloody morons when it comes to appointing/sacking managers and buying expensive players without any real plan or vision?

What is Real Madrid all about? Well apart from being absolute bloody morons when it comes to appointing/sacking managers and buying expensive players without any real plan or vision?

and allegedly corrupt property dealings amongst others, involving the government. definitely have influence in corridors of power and have abused it.

He did absolute fine at Madrid. Major mistakes that were made was fielding an ineligible player in the cup,which wasn't his fault (but seemed to take the blame),and of course losing at home,0-4 to Barca. From what I have read he was told by Perez to play a team full of the superstars,and therefore couldn't play his own team which i suspect would have been more defensive.

The simple fact the Madrid hired him,goes to show just how fucking good he is.

A Madrid manager needs to be able to build a team around all the big stars, entertain the fans naturally and manage big egos. Ancelotti, Del Bosque types who aren't married to tactical ideas but focus on getting the best out of star players.

Benitez is too defensive minded. Doesn't manage big egos terribly well. Is tactics first - players second.

It wasn't his fault but he's never a Real Madrid manager. Just like he couldn't manage Barcelona. He's an underdog manager in terms of the elite. Valencia, Liverpool, could see him at Atleti.,

Everyone knew that Benitez to Real Madrid was a daft move, just not suited for that club at all. He is perfect for us at the moment though, just the manager we needed. We need someone who can re-build us from the foundation, someone who the fans are fully behind, who can change the way the board and the owner thinks about the club.

What we needed with Pardew's replacement was someone who could wash away the acceptance of failure that had become so deep rooted in the club, and McClaren somehow managed to make that even worse with his "we were tremendous" bollocks after every defeat. I'm very confident that we won't get that with Rafa though, he won't accept the terrible performances we've seen and he won't go for the "we can't compete with X team" shite that Pardew and the media has tried to brainwash our fanbase with.