Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Sissoko and Janmaat have gone to pot since Rafa arrived. They weren't up to much beforehand but those 2 in particular have regressed.

People do get caught up the passion, fight side of things that they overlook how s*** the squad is in my opinion. I see a lot of truth in that.

Passion and fighting is still the opposite of melting. However you describe it - they dn't have the mental fortitude for the fight. Georginio.

People do get caught up the passion, fight side of things that they overlook how s*** the squad is in my opinion. I see a lot of truth in that.

Was talking about this the other day, a lot of the comments are saying we lack the fight and passion, which is true to a degree, but our main problem is that pretty much 90 per cent of the team isn't good enough, and are not premiership quality.

Sissoko and Janmaat have gone to pot since Rafa arrived. They weren't up to much beforehand but those 2 in particular have regressed.

Passion and fighting is still the opposite of melting. However you describe it - they dn't have the mental fortitude for the fight. Georginio.

Are you suggesting that Rafa has made them worse?

I'm suggesting their performances have deteriorated. The few positive things they used to do have stopped. Do you disagree with that?

I'm not blaming Rafa. But obviously we haven't gotten any better since he arrived. He's by far the best out of the 4 managers we've had over the last 2 years and he hasn't elicited a response from the group. The common thread is the group of players. 

I'm suggesting their performances have deteriorated. The few positive things they used to do have stopped. Do you disagree with that?

I'm not blaming Rafa. But obviously we haven't gotten any better since he arrived. He's by far the best out of the 4 managers we've had over the last 2 years and he hasn't elicited a response from the group. The common thread is the group of players. 

I do blame the players but can't remember many positives pre Rafa.

It was too far gone when Rafa arrived. IMO it would have been different if we had got him during the break. The players just don't believe they can do it.

I think Rafa's methods are very different to what the players were used to under previous managers, i.e., there is one. For example it can be very tough for defenders to switch to  zonal marking from man to man. Keegan really struggled early on to get results from Allardyce's team. That was my number one fear that these players aren't really suited to Benitez methods. That said they weren't really suited to anyone else's either. They've shown the same frailties with every previous manager.

It was too far gone when Rafa arrived. IMO it would have been different if we had got him during the break. The players just don't believe they can do it.

That as well as the injuries at the back. Our defenders aren't great anyway but having such a makeshift defence is killer.

I have faith in Rafa, the things is though he needed time to sort out those who are wanting and willing to play, and those who aren't. 10 games left was always going to be difficult for him to weed these players. The problem isn't him, and if he's given the time and is willing to stay with the club then I have no doubt that he'll weed these players out. It's going to a crying shame if the club let him go and bring in someone else who will just bring in more of these types of players in a trow of the dice to get us back up.

He can't weed many people out either, because he doesn't have anyone of any quality to replace them with.

This is it. 'Sissoko man, ye shite. Needs dropping' Well on merit yes but who does he have that will vastly improve De jong? Obertan? Marveux? Rafa's problem is a team that has been recruited poorly and seldom devleoped. Unless they come out now and say you're getting this....etc etc. Keep us up (unlikely) I have no faith the club will do the right thing. Instead it's can kicking talk of inquests and bullshit interviews playing pontius pilate.

He can't weed many people out either, because he doesn't have anyone of any quality to replace them with.

This is it. 'Sissoko man, ye s****. Needs dropping' Well on merit yes but who does he have that will vastly improve De jong? Obertan? Marveux? Rafa's problem is a team that has been recruited poorly and seldom devleoped. Unless they come out now and say you're getting this....etc etc. Keep us up (unlikely) I have no faith the club will do the right thing. Instead it's can kicking talk of inquests and bullshit interviews playing pontius pilate.

Sissoko is an athlete with no football skills, shocking technique and zero intelligence.

De Jong is not an athlete but you can tell he knows what should happen next and can execute. Problem is his legs will likely fall off

Neither can I. But Janmaat & Sissoko down the right from an attacking perspective... well chance creation perspective where better than they are now. That's all I wanted to say.

This is it. 'Sissoko man, ye s****. Needs dropping' Well on merit yes but who does he have that will vastly improve De jong? Obertan? Marveux? Rafa's problem is a team that has been recruited poorly and seldom devleoped. Unless they come out now and say you're getting this....etc etc. Keep us up (unlikely) I have no faith the club will do the right thing. Instead it's can kicking talk of inquests and bullshit interviews playing pontius pilate.

Sissoko is an athlete with no football skills, shocking technique and zero intelligence.

De Jong is not an athlete but you can tell he knows what should happen next and can execute. Problem is his legs will likely fall off

I know. I was just demonstrating that people saying drop these players who aren't showing fight need to temper that with the fact that there just as many problems with those in reserve. It was just an example.

Neither can I. But Janmaat & Sissoko down the right from an attacking perspective... well chance creation perspective where better than they are now. That's all I wanted to say.

:thup:

They had a decent partnership down that side.  Now Sissoko is playing left wing where he is worse than useless and Janmaat has Townsend in front of him who is cutting inside every time he gets it.