Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He's just outstanding. I have complete faith in everything he does and he's making the improbable seem possible. He's made this team unrecognisably good and you can see how much they believe in him.

Absolutely love the bloke.

He's just outstanding. I have complete faith in everything he does and he's making the improbable seem possible. He's made this team unrecognisably good and you can see how much they believe in him.

Absolutely love the bloke.

I think thats going slightly OTT but I'd love if a manager of his calibre was prepared to drop down and build something, no matter where.

Seeing as youse lot have finally achieved the ultimate enlightenment in realising that Rafa is the one true god above all others, could some mod/admin see their way to going over to the "Parky vs [LFC manager here]" thread and retroactively awarding our lot the additional billion points we clearly should have had from said deity's tenure at our place?

Guest firetotheworks

He's an utter class act and easily the best person to be associated with us since Bobby's sacking.

Since Keegan, but I agree with the rest.

Seeing as youse lot have finally achieved the ultimate enlightenment in realising that Rafa is the one true god above all others, could some mod/admin see their way to going over to the "Parky vs [LFC manager here]" thread and retroactively awarding our lot the additional billion points we clearly should have had from said deity's tenure at our place?

That should happen.

I love the man.  He's a genuine nice guy and a manager who I'm proud to say is manager of Newcastle United.  First time I've said that since Sir Bob.

He even donated 100k out of his own pocket for the Hillsborough cause, a real class act.  And as someone who frequents Liverpool anyone I've spoken to has nothing but good to say about the man, despite selling Alonso and ruining the the best midfield in Europe.  :cheesy:

A couple of days ago I turned SSN and on the side of the screen they had an advert with Rafa and Pellegrini, I was thinking who does Rafa manage now? It took me a few seconds to realise that it's us, surreal.

Best in-game manager we've had imo.

Yep, Cisse kept giving it away, not holding it up at all in the 2nd half. He spotted it early and made a change. It's nice to see our manager do that and not wait like a idiot (Steve) or make baffling ones (Pardew)

Said this to my mate in the pub, Citeh were all over us from kick off second half and I said we need Mitro on ASAP or we're fucked. Lo and behold he was there ready to come on, what is this sorcery?[emoji38]

Incredible difference Benitez has made on this team man, going to break my heart when we go down and he gets the Spain job or whatever.

He's just so good man, I wouldn't even be that arsed about relegation if he agreed to stay and rebuild us.

Same here. I just wish they would come out and say that club and Benitez both want him to stay on if we get relegated to save us all from having heart attacks in the final few games. I can't take this 'here's what you could have won' bullshit!

The thought of going back to another also-ran snake oil merchant like Pardew after seeing what effect Benitez can have is making me feel sick.

I never noticed him being so mad on the touchline, for his previous clubs?  Has he always been a bit of a nutter, on the sideline?! :lol:  He was shouting and organising, right until the final whistle.  Absolutely love how compact we are when defending and how we appear to have some actual shape and structure to the team. 

Then after the game, he says all the right things.  Yet again, he hasn't blamed the officials or tried to make excuses.  Something we became very used to, under Pardew. 

It's just a shame it took us so long to appoint him.  Even just the 2 games earlier and I think we'd be sitting here with 4 points more than we currently have. 

Fuck sake Rafa.  You've now given me a bit of hope and belief, after accepting our fate weeks ago.  It's now going to hurt like hell if/when we go down. 

All the orchestrating shows we are still a long way from what he wants imo. Imagine if he had this rabble for 6 months

Agree, I recall his nonsensical touchline gestures when he was at Liverpool, but never anything as animated as this. He's having to guide them every step of the way but it's brilliant to see he's so into it and the players are listening/respecting him.

We all know they wont let him stay if we go down but at the moment he is on a 3 year contract so I wonder what stage our pre season preparations are at for the summer. Would be nice to have something planned to have the squad ready for the start of a season for a change.