Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Stupid of me to question, because what the fuck do I know, right, but Gini for Townsend when Perez already looked far more shattered is a strange one.

Set up everything right though. Love the man.

Not just the organisation, but the belief is surging back into the team. He's made the big calls his predecessors would never have contemplated and it's transforming the atmosphere in the dressing room. The message is clear: you perform or you are out no matter how big the reputation.

Best manager since Sir Bobby, I had almost forgotten what it was like to have competent leadership.

For the first time since SBR, my entire mind and body instantly calmed whenever they cut to him mid-game on telly, and you saw he was there. Usually I want to punch my telly.

Guest firetotheworks

Best in-game manager we've had imo.

You know how generally on here you'll get a lot of people saying 'bring on such and such' at around 60 minutes, but then Pardew would bring on a left back and McClaren would bring someone on with 13 seconds left? Benitez actually does these things before we've thought it, which is new to me, I can't remember having a manager like that.

You know how generally on here you'll get a lot of people saying 'bring on such and such' at around 60 minutes, but then Pardew would bring on a left back and McClaren would bring someone on with 13 seconds left? Benitez actually does these things before we've thought it, which is new to me, I can't remember having a manager like that.

It does seem very alien doesn't it?

Yep, Cisse kept giving it away, not holding it up at all in the 2nd half. He spotted it early and made a change. It's nice to see our manager do that and not wait like a idiot (Steve) or make baffling ones (Pardew)