Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We've been unbeaten in 6 now. 10 games of Rafa, and we achieve something we haven't done since 2014 when Pardew fluked a 6 game unbeaten streak.

Before that you have to go back to our 5th spot finish season to find that kind of unbeaten run. Surely that's writing on the wall to Ashley that this guy is special and if he gives him what he wants he will walk the Championship and give us our best chance of a trophy after that.

We've been unbeaten in 6 now. 10 games of Rafa, and we achieve something we haven't done since 2014 when Pardew fluked a 6 game unbeaten streak.

Before that you have to go back to our 5th spot finish season to find that kind of unbeaten run. Surely that's writing on the wall to Ashley that this guy is special and if he gives him what he wants he will walk the Championship and give us our best chance of a trophy after that.

Bit harsh. He always goes on them runs.

I don't see how Ashley can refuse any conditions that Rafa puts forward, especially as he's already said it isn't about money. If Rafa walks away it will be his decision IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

The fans at the ground today have given Rafa a massively hard decision if he was thinking about walking away.

Have they fuck, he has zero affiliation here. He is as cold and calculated as any, its all about control and 100% of it for him. He will no doubt have enjoyed the reception and chants, but if his skin was as thin as such to allow such stuff to convince him to stay, he would never have joined Chelsea...

The fans at the ground today have given Rafa a massively hard decision if he was thinking about walking away.

Aye.  I dont think he can find a club with so much suportings from the fans anymore.  Even Liverpool cant.  Once he won the negotiation over Ashley, he is basically the king of Northeast and he can do anything for the foreseeable future.  That is something he cant find elsewhere.

Based on his recent quotes I think he's up for the challenge. Today is frustrating as hell but it won't do any harm in making his decision to stay easier. If he leaves on his own accord it'll be because the board don't give him the assurances he needs. Twat co-commentator was going on about it being underneath him; the evidence is there in the quotes to suggest that isn't the case.

Good to hear.

Was in non stop pro Rafa singing?

It wasn't nonstop but it was loud and positive and probably the most we've sang about a manager since Sir Bobby was here, or maybe Keegan in his brief stint here.

Have they fuck, he has zero affiliation here. He is as cold and calculated as any, its all about control and 100% of it for him. He will no doubt have enjoyed the reception and chants, but if his skin was as thin as such to allow such stuff to convince him to stay, he would never have joined Chelsea...

That's crap like. He clearly had a real affection for Liverpool and that's because the fans matter.

Reporter: "You can't leave after that, can you?"

Rafa: "We can enjoy."

Reporter: "What does your heart tell you?"

Rafa: "My heart tells me this is a great club."

Guest Howaythetoon

Have they f***, he has zero affiliation here. He is as cold and calculated as any, its all about control and 100% of it for him. He will no doubt have enjoyed the reception and chants, but if his skin was as thin as such to allow such stuff to convince him to stay, he would never have joined Chelsea...

That's crap like. He clearly had a real affection for Liverpool and that's because the fans matter.

Aye after 5 years or so. He will no doubt have affection for the fans here after just 10 games. It won't have any bearing on whether he stays or not though.

Reporter: "You can't leave after that, can you?"

Rafa: "We can enjoy."

Reporter: "What does your heart tell you?"

Rafa: "My heart tells me this is a great club."

That doesn't read too well. :/

I wouldn't have any ill feeling towards him if he leaves, but I do wonder why not just stay? Unless he's offered the Spain job, which would let him still spend a lot of time in England, otherwise he's done it all.