Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I do think if we're serious about this we could pursuade him like, but there's no chance we're serious. It's the Remi Garde situation again.

We'll release a statement saying Rafa hasn't got the right experience we're after during this time and stick with Steve.

It's just clickbait and the club will happily go along with it stringing us on until Leicester.

Rafa is not coming, it's just the usual smoke screen.

A thread on rafa man :lol:

f***ing thunderjinx. If Rafa comes Pinkman is immediately named Poster of the Year. If he doesn't come, Pinkman gets permanent IP ban imo.

I reckon this thread will be dead by page 16

NO CHANCE OF RAFA HERE MAN.

Vote of confidence, hide from the media for a few days, write off the Leicester game, get thumped and start again next week...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Throughout this whole process there's been a lot of people immediately shooting it down, which is understandable, but you're not thinking about it clearly.

He wants to get back into work and he wants to do it on the UK, list the premier league teams to yourself and decide whether he's got a chance of getting any of the top jobs, he hasn't.

There's also the fact that he's based in the north of england and happy there. That Chronicle article listed all the reasons he'd want to come here and they all make sense. How long have we been saying that we're a club with massive potential if the right man can unlock it? We can't just change our minds because a good manager agrees.

Finally, you immediate cyncis aren't playing the long game, you're too caught up in the idea that things never really work out for us that you've forgotten that positive things do happen to us sometimes, before the wheels come off in spectacular fashion. For example, another football club paid us for Alan Pardew, then we installed John Carver as manager.

:coolsmiley:

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14515833.Five_reasons_why_Rafa_is_still_the_gaffer_at_Newcastle_United/

"Benitez has been open about his intentions from the minute Newcastle’s relegation was confirmed. Had he received a lucrative offer from elsewhere in the last fortnight, he would not have agreed to remain.

Everton and Valencia were both linked with a possible move, and either might have been attractive had it come to fruition. But the former decided appointing a Champions League winner with Liverpool was a line that was not worth crossing, while the latter stuck with Pako Ayesteran, who worked with Benitez at Anfield.

There was interest in the Spaniard from a couple of other clubs in La Liga, but the only formal offers came from clubs in Turkey and China."

Is this actually the case?

Were we the fallback?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14515833.Five_reasons_why_Rafa_is_still_the_gaffer_at_Newcastle_United/

"Benitez has been open about his intentions from the minute Newcastle’s relegation was confirmed. Had he received a lucrative offer from elsewhere in the last fortnight, he would not have agreed to remain.

Everton and Valencia were both linked with a possible move, and either might have been attractive had it come to fruition. But the former decided appointing a Champions League winner with Liverpool was a line that was not worth crossing, while the latter stuck with Pako Ayesteran, who worked with Benitez at Anfield.

There was interest in the Spaniard from a couple of other clubs in La Liga, but the only formal offers came from clubs in Turkey and China."

Were we the fallback?

Dont even think about that shit, he's our manager and that's it.

It's entirely believable that he'd have left if another suitable job offer came along at a club in a better position. He even put a time limit on it at the end of the season, two weeks. Our strength was that he's at a time in his life when the criteria for what's suitable are very, very specific. That's the reason he joined us in the first place; and the reason he's stayed.

I'm not doubting that another offer could have seen him go elsewhere, its very rarely any other way.  I just think that article itself is bollocks in the way it portrays Benitez as waiting for another offer then agreeing to stay here because nobody else wanted him.

It's just pointless speculation, he had no reason to instantly sign his future away and would have been mental to do so.

Obviously if Liverpool for some reason sacked Klopp and offered him the job he'd have gone, but he wasn't going to go to Everton or Watford.

I'm not doubting that another offer could have seen him go elsewhere, its very rarely any other way.  I just think that article itself is bollocks in the way it portrays Benitez as waiting for another offer then agreeing to stay here because nobody else wanted him.

Were we the fallback?

If I was negotiating a new contract I would drop hints of going to this or that company at the first chance.. Unless I get what I want of course

What s****.

If we were the fallback for Rafa...

Does anyone actually care if we were or not?  Because I certainly don't.

Nope. Not at all. I mean, for anyone at his level I don't think managing a club in the Championship would be their first choice. :lol: The thing is, the position clearly has enough about it for him to choose to stay here in light of what other choices were available, and that's more than good enough for me.

Guest chopey

I went and got steak pie and chips for my lunch yesterday, my fall back choice was mince pie.........................................its exactly the same with Rafa.