Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

While it's all very exciting and professional (one of the reasons Rafa is such a great appointment) I'd love to hear from the Liverpool lot if Rafa is the type who would knowingly go along with propaganda. My distrust for our board means I'm still struggling to believe some of the stuff will be carried out. Miserable, I know...but once bitten and all that.

I'm with this slightly, based on his run around and none direct replies to straightforward questions regarding the control he actually has.

Oh and Carr is still here, why?

I haven't even contemplated not going up, I seriously think we could go the whole season unbeaten. Not likely to happen, but we won't be far off.

Setting yourself up for monumental disappointment with posts like this tbh.

I don't think so. I've said it's unlikely we'll go unbeaten, but we won't be far off. The last time we were in the championship we were all bricking it and then it turned out to be a much poorer standard than I was expecting. No other squad is going to come close to the value of the one we've put together. While it's true that expensive individuals don't necessarily make a good team, that is where Rafa should make the difference. He already has tbh.

Didn't he publicly challenge the Liverpool board?

In his book, Champions League Dreams, he has blamed Hicks and Gillett for wrecking the chance for Liverpool to claim a first title since 1990 by tightening the budget and forcing him to be "a bank manager"

Didn't he publicly challenge the Liverpool board?

In his book, Champions League Dreams, he has blamed Hicks and Gillett for wrecking the chance for Liverpool to claim a first title since 1990 by tightening the budget and forcing him to be "a bank manager"

Uh oh.

You have to build up a momentum in that division. The last two times we won it, we started out really fast 92-93 we won 11 on the bounce at the start of the season. The last time, we were at or near the top practically all season. Once you build that momentum, the wins just keep piling up and no one can do anything about it. Unless you are managed by Steve McClaren of course.

I really don't know what to expect this time, I would be hugely surprised and obviously disappointed if we didn't bounce straight back up but I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park that some think it will be even with Rafa on board. If we think we only need to show up to win these games we'll fall flat on our faces, no doubt. Having said that, you do need to project a sense of superiority over the rest of the division. That's what we did the last two times, we beat a lot of teams before the game kicked off because they didn't think they stood a chance, much like ourselves going to Man Shitty and Arsenal.

From a personal POV, it's a shame I will miss much of the season because of a lack of coverage of that division over here in Canada, I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun now we have Rafa along for the journey.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160526/benitez-gets-straight-back-to-work_2281670_5601418

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez wasted no time in getting back to work on Thursday morning, after signing a new deal to stay at the Club on Wednesday evening.

The boss was at United's training HQ in Benton to review the current facilities, discuss the developments needed and start work on a host of plans aimed at improving the Club on and off the pitch.

In conjunction with managing director Lee Charnley and facilities manager Eddie Rutherford, Rafa began work on changes to the infrastructure, equipment and facilities at the training ground, aimed at optimising the players' training, recovery, rehabilitation and relaxation.

Benitez aired plans to improve the working environment for his coaching and backroom teams, as well as changes to other areas of training ground life, including the medical department, indoor training pitch and the social spaces used by players.

Later in the day the manager moved to the Academy to meet up with Joe Joyce, United's Academy manager to discuss improvements that could be made to the Club's youth development system, coaching, recruitment and local community engagement.

Rafa said: "For me, the work and planning for next season never really stopped, but it was very good to get back to the training ground and the Academy today to start putting some of my plans into action. We don't have long before the pre-season starts and we can't lose any time.

"I know that when the players report back for training at the end of June we will have made some good improvements that will really benefit the Club.

"I said last night that we have a very tough task ahead of us in the Championship next season and we cannot underestimate the job we have to do. It's important to get as many things as we can sorted as soon as possible so we can start the new season with the best chance of success.

"I also spent some really useful time at the Academy with Joe, as it's very important we have the right systems in place to attract young players to the club and develop them as hopefully first team players of the future.

"I can assure all our fans that we are doing everything we can to get things right, on and off the pitch, so we can all be proud of this great football club."

I've caught him a delicious bass.

Rafa is probably the best manager to ever work in the Championship, he'll piss it with half decent players and I expect he'll have better players than half decent.

Rafa is probably the best manager to ever work in the Championship, he'll p*ss it with half decent players and I expect he'll have better players than half decent.

There's plenty of 'name' managers that would struggle (like Sven taking over a playoff-losing team, throwing crazy money around and finishing midtable, Felix Magath's horrendous run with Fulham, etc. ), but Benitez certainly isn't one of them. You'll do well. It's Villa who won't get it together, I think.

You need players with balls, so I hope we invest in some to help drive us through the season.

that's why I think we'll accept the first decent bid we get for shelvey.

other than his debut, he didn't get motivated in the premiership so difficult to see him pushing himself in the championship.

While it's all very exciting and professional (one of the reasons Rafa is such a great appointment) I'd love to hear from the Liverpool lot if Rafa is the type who would knowingly go along with propaganda. My distrust for our board means I'm still struggling to believe some of the stuff will be carried out. Miserable, I know...but once bitten and all that.

I'm sure our resident Liverpool fans said precisely the opposite. Won't take any messing about.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160526/benitez-gets-straight-back-to-work_2281670_5601418

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez wasted no time in getting back to work on Thursday morning, after signing a new deal to stay at the Club on Wednesday evening.

The boss was at United's training HQ in Benton to review the current facilities, discuss the developments needed and start work on a host of plans aimed at improving the Club on and off the pitch.

In conjunction with managing director Lee Charnley and facilities manager Eddie Rutherford, Rafa began work on changes to the infrastructure, equipment and facilities at the training ground, aimed at optimising the players' training, recovery, rehabilitation and relaxation.

Benitez aired plans to improve the working environment for his coaching and backroom teams, as well as changes to other areas of training ground life, including the medical department, indoor training pitch and the social spaces used by players.

Later in the day the manager moved to the Academy to meet up with Joe Joyce, United's Academy manager to discuss improvements that could be made to the Club's youth development system, coaching, recruitment and local community engagement.

Rafa said: "For me, the work and planning for next season never really stopped, but it was very good to get back to the training ground and the Academy today to start putting some of my plans into action. We don't have long before the pre-season starts and we can't lose any time.

"I know that when the players report back for training at the end of June we will have made some good improvements that will really benefit the Club.

"I said last night that we have a very tough task ahead of us in the Championship next season and we cannot underestimate the job we have to do. It's important to get as many things as we can sorted as soon as possible so we can start the new season with the best chance of success.

"I also spent some really useful time at the Academy with Joe, as it's very important we have the right systems in place to attract young players to the club and develop them as hopefully first team players of the future.

"I can assure all our fans that we are doing everything we can to get things right, on and off the pitch, so we can all be proud of this great football club."

This is absolutely great to read. They're probably all things he would consider to be very basic, but this is something we've needed for years. A proper fucking manager that knows football inside out, dragging the club up to scratch instead of just accepting any old shit. In reality it's a bit embarrassing that the club feel it's worthy of a news article ('Hey look guys, we're actually going to do things properly!') but it's no less relieving.

Rafa. :thup:

Feels like we've won the lottery with Rafa - he's on a one-man mission to change everything that's wrong with this club. And that's a helluva lot.

We've been through so much utter shite and now we've got Rafa Benitez. Amazing  :)