Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I wrapped it in last season after being a regular since 1978 and said I'd only go back if a) Ashley fucked off b) if he stayed, he finally showed some ambition with the club.

This appointment certainly ticks option b so will be back next season and will take my 8 year old lad who is football daft. Don't really give a shite that in the second tier as that's where I cut my teeth, but will be great to go back again especially with my son.

With this being Ashley, it could all go horribly wrong of course but hey ho.

Massively tempted to get a season ticket for me and the boy next season. It's a complete sea change in the direction the club's headed and could, could be the start of actually moving the club forward. It's an excellent appointment and it's good to have a bit of hope and interest again. Baby steps but it's all there potentially. :bluf:

This feels exactly like it did when Keegan took over the first time. Our fans were mocked by some in the press for believing in someone who'd never been a manager but we knew.  Same was true the second time round but Ashley didn't get it.

Obviously Rafa is no novice like KK was, but he's here for the same reason. He's a football man who wants to work at one of the great football cities.

The bit where he says he was won things elsewhere and now wants a project.

This.. The importance of having a project can´t be overstated for a guy that have won almost everything

It also implies that if a big club came in for him (how many are left that he can go too now?) then he'll surely be less likely to go and will want to see out his project.

There will always be jobs around but in the north of England (as he prefers that) I can´t see any club needing a new manager apart from Everton..Which would be awkward for a Liverpool legend

To be fair to Barnsley it's great to see in person what life was like in the 70s. It's like a bigger version of Beamish.

:lol:

The broken glass on top of the outer stadium walls is a nice touch.

Fucking love Barnsleys ground man like Luton's its built into the housing like some kind of shrine or temple.

Christ, every single answer tells you absolutely nothing, as usual.

You can call me gullible but I think something has changed within the club and we'll go on to be the best that we can be now.

I have watched the video of the press conference multiple times now, and when asked about will he be in charge of transfers he doesn't give a straight answer. Instead kind of goes around the questions a bit like my manager does at work?

I have watched the video of the press conference multiple times now, and when asked about will he be in charge of transfers he doesn't give a straight answer. Instead kind of goes around the questions a bit like my manager does at work?

He have always been like that I think.. Evasive I mean

He have always been like that I think.. Evasive I mean

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/735559398622384128

Christ, every single answer tells you absolutely nothing, as usual.

You can call me gullible but I think something has changed within the club and we'll go on to be the best that we can be now.

Something has changed. Ashley has always been about the bottom line, and it turns out hiring the best will probably improve the bottom line. Finally he's realised it.

Where's Charnley originally from?

Blackpool/Fleetwood area I think.

Couldn't place it at all :thup:

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/FC57/production/_89799546_newcastle.jpg

BBC using that in their article. 'Your the man' :anguish: :anguish: Old enough to know better

Where's Charnley originally from?

Blackpool/Fleetwood area I think.

Couldn't place it at all :thup:

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/FC57/production/_89799546_newcastle.jpg

BBC using that in their article. 'Your the man' :anguish: :anguish: Old enough to know better

Not Supermac? He was probably pissed when he wrote it.