Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Nothing that he says in that interview should be particularly groundbreaking or exciting but we're all left impressed and excited because of the previous shambles we've had to witness over the years. What a bloke.

It's like deja vu for me, in so many ways. It was like this when Keegan became manager for the first time. He completely altered the club in every way, always positive.

I've watched the 5-1 last game about 6 times now, it is so reminiscent of the past - so many elements coming together. We're in for a ride!

It's a pretty damning indictment that we've had highly paid players training on sub standard indoor surfaces complimented by out dated gym equipment. They cost relative buttons and will pay for themselves in no time at all.

Everything the guy says is positive and in a constructive simple way. It all pulls in one direction which just smacks of success.

I almost 100% believe if Ashley backs this man properly he will win a trophy within 5 years and make Ashley a lot more money then plodding at the bottom half of the Premiership and going through the odd relegation. He's the best chance we've had in over 10 and I feel buzzing again as fan, which is mental as we've just been relegated.  :lol:

“Another important change we are making is to bring in an administrator to work with the players and their families.

“This will be someone who speaks English, French, Spanish, to help players settle at the club and in the city and be sure that they are able to focus 100 per cent on the football.”

As if we never had that before man.

“We have already improved the gym, bringing in new and better equipment which will be a big improvement.

“We will also be resurfacing the artificial pitch inside the indoor facility. It will be a 4G surface which is much better for the players to train on, there is less impact on the body and less problems with injuries.

It's almost as if all the other t***s we've had in "charge" over the past decade were completely clueless

wait..

What an absolute broken down shambles. All hail Rafa.

Guest chopey

I get this vison of the football match in Kes with a muddy pitch and most of the players hanging off bent cross bars

It's like deja vu for me, in so many ways. It was like this when Keegan became manager for the first time. He completely altered the club in every way, always positive.

I've watched the 5-1 last game about 6 times now, it is so reminiscent of the past - so many elements coming together. We're in for a ride!

The attention paid to improving the player's training facilities and surroundings if very reminiscent of Keegan's first stint here as manager. Remember the dressing rooms getting a fresh coat of paint? :lol:

Can't wait for the start of the season now.  Can't wait for the players to come back for pre season and for Rafa to get cracking with them.  A full pre season with some decent additions and we should really hit the start of the season with some momentum and confidence, we went 6 unbeaten at the end let's carry it forward.

How the hell did we end up with Rafa?  :lol:  I can't wait until the players are back training and things start moving again.

It beggars belief. It really does.

I just hope the unlikely scenario of us finishing outside the automatic playoffs doesn't come to fruition. We've got a great chance in the Premier League to be competitive with all these changes.

We didn't have 4G pitches before? :lol: No wonder every one of our players is broken.

:lol: Training with medicine balls in those silent picture strong guy onesies. Probably had a phrenologist on staff.