Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/great-afternoon-in-the-foundations-tournament/202/

I spent the afternoon as I did yesterday also with the mini 'magpies' at the under-13 tournament organised by the Newcastle United Foundation 1892 with over a hundred children attending. We have worked on this idea a few days ago and its now become a reality with great enthusiasm shown by all at the club. I have to say that the players of the first team who have accompanied us during the visit and also myself enjoyed the passion that these young athletes showed in the tournament as well as the support and welcome we have received from them. Sincerely, thank you. There is a great deal of contact and gestures from the fans every day and I hope that this new tournament has a great future for the fans - young and old alike. Meanwhile, the first team are training at a very good pace, with very good attitude and involvement of each and every one of our players. Come on Toons!

ZIOxvx5.gif

He said: “We are trying to give out the message that we are doing things well and that we care about them.

“The reaction of people was perfect.”

Still tho my Sunderland mate would prefer Fat Sam luz

Never thought I could love a NUFC manager in the same way I did Kevin Keegan, and to a slightly lesser extent, Sir Bobby, but this fella is narve going to test that.

Would you still 'love' him if he fails to get us up?

Never thought I could love a NUFC manager in the same way I did Kevin Keegan, and to a slightly lesser extent, Sir Bobby, but this fella is narve going to test that.

Yes - because he isnt ignoring building a solid foundation for the future.

Just put the apprehension to one side and enjoy it for what it is; a real manager (and one of the best in the game) in full charge of the club and reshaping it from top to bottom.

You can see he's a massive believer in sorting out all the little things, the attention to detail and effort he's putting in is staggering. The only way this goes tits up is the club tries to screw him over, but not even they are that stupid, they know this is our best chance of turning the club round and will support him to the hilt.

We will go up, I've no doubt about it. This season is a step back to take one massive leap forward, much better than stumbling back and falling over were used to season after season.

Results are just one thing in football, how you go about your business and what you put it is the other. We may or may not get promoted but he's absolutely killing it so far with the preparation and change of culture.

This is what we were saying Ashley should have done at the start, appoint someone who knows what they're doing and leave them to it (so far).

Yes because I know he'll have given it his best shot and won't come out with bullsh!t excuses and blame everyone but himself for his failure. Clearly he's an absolutely incredible bloke, not to mention one of the top managers in world football and he's already played a massive part in reshaping the club on and off the field.

He's the sole reason why myself and 1000's of others who had previously packed in their season tickets are returning next season regardless of relegation. He's actually made the club worthwhile supporting which we haven't been able to say for at least a decade. We know we won't just sack off the cup completions. No sell before we buy policy. No only signing players with a sell on value. Fuc*ing hell man he's even actively playing a part in improving the SJP atmosphere, not to mention the work he's doing in securing the future fanbase of the club.

Whatever happens he'll leave a legacy here for years to come.

I've never known people be so excited for the start of a season even though it's in the 2nd division and that's all down to him. Basically he's given us some hope, something to get behind. As a Newcastle fan that's all I really want.

Fucks sake :anguish:

Rafa already there with Keegan and Robson for me purely because of his stature in the world game and the options he'd have had vs. staying with us to build the club back up to where it should be.