Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

First time in decades that we've got a better manager than Man U if it happens.

[emoji38] Loads of teams have only just been able to say that.  They had the best manager of all time for almost three decades.

Had the best manager of all time for about 13 years, unless you think he was the GOAT as soon as he took over.[emoji38]

1972 is the last time we could realistically make such a claim when Frank O' Farrell was at Old Trafford and Joe Harvey was at SJP.

First time in decades that we've got a better manager than Man U if it happens.

[emoji38] Loads of teams have only just been able to say that.  They had the best manager of all time for almost three decades.

Had the best manager of all time for about 13 years, unless you think he was the GOAT as soon as he took over.[emoji38]

1972 is the last time we could realistically make such a claim when Frank O' Farrell was at Old Trafford and Joe Harvey was at SJP.

Only Irish manager in our history. Typical.

Charnley trying to finalise the deal.

http://49.media.tumblr.com/64976198e5b9fb47235ac9f9c2929a08/tumblr_n5a5qqrjAk1qewacoo9_500.gif

And that ginger in backround is McC planning tactics for Leicester game

He's the highest standard of manager we are capable of, without being in the champions league IMO.

He's above the standard of manager we should be capable of right now to be honest, I'm shocked he's even considering us.

Aye. This is crazy.

As a manager he's the most decorated we have ever appointed. Hopefully.

From the 3rd best team in Spain, to the 19th in England. Aye.

That's not exactly how football works mind, but fair enough.

http://i.imgur.com/mlR5l0W.png

Seriously though I'm still expecting this to fall through :lol:

I don't get at all how we're willing to offer him what he'll obviously want (in money and in power).

I take nothing back. This is crazy. Rafa must be desperate. It makes no sense.

And I love it. Absolutely love it. You should dig up all my Rafa posts about his time at Real - I absolutely hated him! Still the best manager in terms of achievements and arguably reputation than we've ever appointed. This happening when we are 19th with 10 games to go? It's mad and brilliant.

I have to say too, it's refreshing to see a top class manager take on a proper challenge. Benitez has won the biggest prize of them all and managed some of the most successful teams of all time. You wouldn't see Pep or Mourinho take on a side in the bottom 3 on a long term project. It's good to see this.

In fairness, it's not really the same. He does deserve respect for it but that CL success came a long time ago and he's had mixed results since then. Not like he's come off winning a league title like Mourinho ( i know they were s**** this year but they won the league the year before) or Guardiola have. If he had i doubt he'd be taking this job on, still shocked that he is mind.

I think all of this is why he shouldn't take the job. He's on a downward trajectory of an amazing career. This is a wild, bold move.