Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Not exactly a great deal of difference in those percentages :lol:

Yeah but we have scored a lot more overall, meaning we are not as reliant on Gayle for Goals as those teams are for said players.

So happy to see this mind, i been saying for as long as i have been posting here that you don't need a lot of "goalscorers" in the team to score goals consistently. You just need to be coached properly so multiple players get in good positions.

Glad to see we are finally at that point.

Yeah but we have scored a lot more overall, meaning we are not as reliant on Gayle for Goals as those teams are for said players.

We're sort of having to fill in the blanks for Mark to come to this conclusion though Mole :lol:

Also:

Seven league clean sheets is not quite top of the stoppers: Brighton have eight. But add in the three league cup games and Newcastle have an impressive nine shut-outs this season.

sam-johnson.jpg?w=680

7 + 3 = 9

We're sort of having to fill in the blanks for Mark to come to this conclusion though Mole :lol:

I know i'm sort of assuming he's not a moron, probably a bit of a stretch though tbf.

Gooner mate is on a wind up. "Rafa for England is happening, 12m a year."

My biggest concern for our future is some other offer tempting Rafa away. I could see him really fancying the England job (and I think he would be a great appointment for them). It may be in our best interests long term to not get past the 1/4 finals and not do too well in the FA Cup.

Klopp doing well at Liverpool is a good thing, Conte needs to be given time at Chelsea, I don't think Man City would turn to him should Pep flop, Jose will get sacked before the end of the season at Manure, I feel but the former Liverpool manager wouldn't be a popular hire. Arsenal could very well turn their sights on him should Wenger get the England job. Spuds are not changing their manager any time soon. No one else in this country worries me, and I don't think Rafa wants to manage outside of England right now.

I reckon Rafa would hate international management as he clearly loves working with players day in day out.

He's got plenty of years ahead of him if he ever wants to go into international management.

I reckon Rafa would hate international management as he clearly loves working with players day in day out.

He's got plenty of years ahead of him if he ever wants to go into international management.

That is very true. He'll want to complete his CV though at some point, hopefully that point is a way in the future.

And I agree with Kimbo, Southgate will get it and it'll be another huge mistake and wasted opportunity, more reason to not give a s*** about the national team.

The people in charge at the FA were on about how they want it to be an Englishman and pretty much saying it's Southgate's to lose (don't lose to Scotland really).

He is always going to be linked away, but I doubt he'd leave now. Only if the Spain job came up would he leave I think, he's managed his boyhood Real Mardrid, he's been to Italy. There isn't much else for him to go too which hasn't done already.

Rafa's got a project and he's loving every minute of it.

This, if he wanted away there would have been plenty of offers when we got relegated, he knows he's on to something here and he knows he's at a team that will idolise him. He's here for the same reason he stayed at Liverpool so long, he just gets it, it's not about the money, it's about everything else.

This, if he wanted away there would have been plenty of offers when we got relegated, he knows he's on to something here and he knows he's at a team that will idolise him. He's here for the same reason he stayed at Liverpool so long, he just gets it, it's not about the money, it's about everything else.

Returning us to a top team in the country and winning a trophy or two would be his biggest achievement iyam, based on where we've come from. We were simply awful before this man arrived, rotten to the core, he's not just turned around results, he's building a culture and clearly has a long term vision, that goes way beyond the previous "lets buy some potential wonderkids on the cheap and sell them for big money".

Appointing and retaining Rafa was the single best decision Ashley has ever made for this football club, if he continues to back him and give him the control he needs,that'll go a long way to redeeming himself for those not so clever decision he's made in the past.

Returning us to a top team in the country and winning a trophy or two would be his biggest achievement iyam, based on where we've come from. We were simply awful before this man arrived, rotten to the core, he's not just turned around results, he's building a culture and clearly has a long term vision, that goes way beyond the previous "lets buy some potential wonderkids on the cheap and sell them for big money".

Appointing and retaining Rafa was the single best decision Ashley has ever made for this football club, if he continues to back him and give him the control he needs,that'll go a long way to redeeming himself for those not so clever decision he's made in the past.

This in spades  :smitten:

Also:

Seven league clean sheets is not quite top of the stoppers: Brighton have eight. But add in the three league cup games and Newcastle have an impressive nine shut-outs this season.

sam-johnson.jpg?w=680

7 + 3 = 9

That picture gives me the giggles, every time :lol:

Gooner mate is on a wind up. "Rafa for England is happening, 12m a year."

My biggest concern for our future is some other offer tempting Rafa away. I could see him really fancying the England job (and I think he would be a great appointment for them). It may be in our best interests long term to not get past the 1/4 finals and not do too well in the FA Cup.

Klopp doing well at Liverpool is a good thing, Conte needs to be given time at Chelsea, I don't think Man City would turn to him should Pep flop, Jose will get sacked before the end of the season at Manure, I feel but the former Liverpool manager wouldn't be a popular hire. Arsenal could very well turn their sights on him should Wenger get the England job. Spuds are not changing their manager any time soon. No one else in this country worries me, and I don't think Rafa wants to manage outside of England right now.

First of all, Rafa loves the day to day of management. Secondly, he's smart enough to know he's on a hiding to nothing with the English team, the players aren't good enough.

And most importantly, do you honestly think he's going to ditch his 'project', over which he has almost total control (barring only the say so of Ashley over funds, which is as good as it gets), the project he decided to take a season in the championship to build, for the first sniff of a job like being the fucking England manager?

Guest TheBallWinner

Don't be worried about other clubs snatching Rafa.

Rafa's priority is being with the family after spending 2 years in a flat on his own in Naples he'd had enough- he didn't want a new contract.

After spending 6 months sleeping at Real Madrid's training ground he'd had enough. Now the English job he'd been wanting has come along.

Why would a bloke in his 50's move away to another country or down to London when he doesn't need to!