Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I would swap Rafa for Klopp or Pep only in the PL. Outside of those two

I firmly believe we have the best all-round manager. Btw I feel Pep needs star players and mega money to succeed where as Rafa doesn't. Klopp it's his football style that swings it, easily the best in the PL even ahead of Arsenal!

How much experience does Pep have at rebuilding every aspect of the club like Rafa's doing with us?  His Barca side is the best team I've ever watched, but what Rafa is doing off the pitch with the academy, backroom, etc is arguably more important than his work on the pitch.  I don't think Pep would have known where to start with the omnishambles we had after McClaren left.

this

Be very naïve to expect a top 10 finish should we win promotion this season

Depends who you sign next summer, but I really don't see why not.

Who in the PL has a better manager, like?

Manchester United.  :'(

Worse record than Moyes at Manure ;)

:weep:

That remark was stated with tongue firmly in cheek. In all honesty, the only one I'd swap Rafa for would be Pep.

No way he's going to Arsenal like. Wenger to Rafa? Nee chance. I don't fear he'll jump ship to a more resourceful club if Ashley plays ball. For a typical top 6 side he's seen as yesterday's man even though his ability level is elite. Arsenal for example would gamble with a Koeman rather than go Rafa. Everton & co. will be sideways steps if we invest properly.

If Ashley messes him around he'll resign. That's our risk.

I wouldn't bank on that - Arsenal want trophies and Rafa delivers them. Look at Everton under Koeman, he's a good manager but he has hardly had the instant impact  that Rafa has had on NUFC. Arsenal are under pressure from their fans to win silverware - esp to challenge for the PL title - and a manager like Benitez is their best bet of delivering that. I have no doubt that if Ashley supports him in being able to challenge the likes of Arsenal in the transfer market, he will stay at SJP - he has more to gain here. If Ashley doesn't, he would be attracted by a club like Arsenal because they would offer him a better chance of challenging the top 3 and obtaining CL football.

£100 says Arsenal don't go in for him when Wenger moves on.

The thing with Rafa for me is the perfect timing. He needed this platform to revive the essence in his leadership as much as our club needed him. I think it's very difficult to keep getting the same effect at the level he was at, any moment or period of stagnation or poor results, and players will start question you in the same manner I think players have started to question Mourinho in the past two years. His idea of football won the league recently, but once players stop believing in your orientation, it  stops transmitting in the way it needs to.

The key for these managers is pedagogics and the players' receptivity. He needed to take a step back to a context where his message would be conceived in the right way again, and it'll help him rebuild himself.

As for swapping with other managers, I think Pochettino, Conte, Klopp, Pep and perhaps Puel and Howe are very modern and progressive in their thinking, and I think they are ahead of Rafa in terms of developing effective units, but I'm not sure any of them would be or would have been a better fit for us at this moment in time. Rafa is the right manager at the right club at the right time. Doesn't happen very often.

Guest Howaythetoon

I would swap Rafa for Klopp or Pep only in the PL. Outside of those two

I firmly believe we have the best all-round manager. Btw I feel Pep needs star players and mega money to succeed where as Rafa doesn't. Klopp it's his football style that swings it, easily the best in the PL even ahead of Arsenal!

Klopp's sides are cracking to watch, but porous at the back compared to Rafa's. Rafa is a better bet for European competition, but I think Klopp will do better in the EPL.

I actually think Rafa will win you more trophies and be more of a long-term success in that regard, but Klopp could do something amazing like win the PL with Liverpool against the odds if you like. Maybe a one off, but special all the same. Plus his football is far more entertaining. Again he is very much like KK with his philosophy, the way he engages fans and the way he talks and sees the game. I really do like Klopp. I fact if I could cherry pick any one manager for my club right now it would be him.

With Rafa, if we go up, I think we will probably have the 2nd best all-round manager/coach/tactician in the league behind Guardiola who despite going where success is almost assured, he is for me the Messi of management. The absolute best basically. His ideas, his philosophies are something else.

Wenger I love, he's great, but he is massively limited and is at the perfect club for him. Would he do what he has done at Arsenal with say NUFC or Liverpool? I don't think he would.

Mourinho is so scared of losing and so paranoid about his image and persona, he has become a shadow of himself. He's a bit like one of his players at the moment, Rooney. Was great, but isn't and is past his best. Can he recover?

I think Mourinho needs to take a year out and then go and manage a club that doesn't have the best players or top players with the most money. He's a great coach, a great manager, arguably the best in general outside of Pep, but he's broken at the moment. The latter days of Real and then Chelsea have broken him for me.

Its actually quite sad looking in from the outside if you like. He will always win trophies, but cups and such. He's better than that. But he needs to rethink his entire outlook.

For me, in the PL if we go up in terms of all-round ability etc...

Pep

Rafa

Klopp

Pochettino

Wenger

Mourinho

Moyes  :lol:

The thing with Rafa for me is the perfect timing. He needed this platform to revive the essence in his leadership as much as our club needed him. I think it's very difficult to keep getting the same effect at the level he was at, any moment or period of stagnation or poor results, and players will start question you in the same manner I think players have started to question Mourinho in the past two years. His idea of football won the league recently, but once players stop believing in your orientation, it  stops transmitting in the way it needs to.

The key for these managers is pedagogics and the players' receptivity. He needed to take a step back to a context where his message would be conceived in the right way again, and it'll help him rebuild himself.

As for swapping with other managers, I think Pochettino, Conte, Klopp, Pep and perhaps Puel and Howe are very modern and progressive in their thinking, and I think they are ahead of Rafa in terms of developing effective units, but I'm not sure any of them would be or would have been a better fit for us at this moment in time. Rafa is the right manager at the right club at the right time. Doesn't happen very often.

"Effective unit" is Rafa's speciality - how exactly isPochettino and even Puel better than Rafa at doing this??

BTW Rafa is the perfect fit for this NUFC and long may it continue!

Especially for us in our current state.  The whole club needs rebuilding and there are very few managers out there who are capable of that.  A lot of the high profile foreign managers work with DoFs and so only need to worry about coaching the first team.  We needed more than that.

BTW Rafa is the perfect fit for this NUFC and long may it continue!

For the first time in over a decade we have a manager who I honestly believe could land us a trophy. That alone has turned the club around 180 degrees.

Mourinho is so scared of losing and so paranoid about his image and persona, he has become a shadow of himself. He's a bit like one of his players at the moment, Rooney. Was great, but isn't and is past his best. Can he recover?

I think Mourinho needs to take a year out and then go and manage a club that doesn't have the best players or top players with the most money. He's a great coach, a great manager, arguably the best in general outside of Pep, but he's broken at the moment. The latter days of Real and then Chelsea have broken him for me.

Its actually quite sad looking in from the outside if you like. He will always win trophies, but cups and such. He's better than that. But he needs to rethink his entire outlook.

Sadness is the last emotion that comes to mind when I think about how things have unraveled for Mourinho over the past twelve months. It's down to the detestable air of squalid smugness that he carried around him during his years at the top: may it be the constant unseemly baiting of decent men such as Ranieri, Wenger, Vilanova & Rafa; the sordid hounding of referees; the shithouse bus-parking tactics across the years; taking cheap shots at Unicef or the NHS to deflect attention from his own inadequacies; the tiresome establishment conspiracy claims; or the abominable treatment of Eva Carneiro last year.

I for one am utterly satisfied that the chickens have come home to roost. Long may this spiral into the abyss continue. The odious cretin.

Sadness is the last emotion that comes to mind when I think about how things have unraveled for Mourinho over the past twelve months. It's down to the detestable air of squalid smugness that he carried around him during his years at the top: may it be the constant unseemly baiting of decent men such as Ranieri, Wenger, Vilanova & Rafa; the sordid hounding of referees; the shithouse bus-parking tactics across the years; taking cheap shots at Unicef or the NHS to deflect attention from his own inadequacies; the tiresome establishment conspiracy claims; or the abominable treatment of Eva Carneiro last year.

I for one am utterly satisfied that the chickens have come home to roost. Long may this spiral into the abyss continue. The odious cretin.

Hear, hear :clap:

"Effective unit" is Rafa's speciality - how exactly isPochettino and even Puel better than Rafa at doing this??

was spot on until the building of effective units bit, and throwing Howe in there.