Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

That interview does not look good, i have to say. It won't help morale around the place either. Rafa is an emotional man for all the reputation he has for being hard-headed and cold, and his players will pick up on it. It might galvanise him and them. It might not...

I don't think he'll walk as that doesn't reflect well on him, regardless of Ashley's behaviour or broken promises. It would make him look even more difficult to handle and he hardly has a reputation for being a supine lapdog.

The difference might be when other clubs sniff around - let's say West Ham sack Bilic. Before, I would say there was no chance of Rafa even looking at an offer given the control and potential he has with you. But the sad fact for you lot now is that an offer from a decent PL club probably seems more tempting today than it did last.

Guest alijmitchell

It's always been about control, if he doesn't have it, he won't see he value in us as a project. Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching that again Rafa says two or three times 'It wasn't my decision.'

Going back to my post yesterday when he said 'I'm focusing on coaching my team' about 15 times in a press conference for LFC, repeating what he had been told to do by Hicks, I wouldn't be surprised if rafa has complained about what happened, or had a go at them for not doing the deal, and was told: 'It wasn't your decision.'

It breaks my heart knowing that this bloke is being shafted and forced out. Once he leaves, that's me done with NUFC until Ashley's gone.

yep- I was ready to fuck it off after 40 years in the summer- in some ways at the time it just felt like a relief and a huge freedom for weekends. But Rafa getting kept on was the clincher that kept me in, If his ambitions are not matched, Im done.

It breaks my heart knowing that this bloke is being shafted and forced out. Once he leaves, that's me done with NUFC until Ashley's gone.

yep- I was ready to fuck it off after 40 years in the summer- in some ways at the time it just felt like a relief and a huge freedom for weekends. But Rafa getting kept on was the clincher that kept me in, If his ambitions are not matched, Im done.

It's the ultimate indicator of what the genuine aims are isn't it? If they weren't stark enough already. I can't be done with the thick and thin, support the team not the regime bollocks again.

I just don't get it with Ashley. WTF does he think is going to happen if he pushes Rafa too far and he leaves? Who does he think will come to us and work under him and Penfold to get us back to the PL and keep us up? You'd think that he would have learnt lessons from the KK fiasco. So frustrating supporting us man.

There is clearly a lot more to Ashley's behaviour than meets the eye ; no person using common sense would get a major investment like NUFC into this type of situation and esp not one who likes to make money...there is something we don't know about here and it stinks to high heaven.

Watching that again Rafa says two or three times 'It wasn't my decision.'

Going back to my post yesterday when he said 'I'm focusing on coaching my team' about 15 times in a press conference for LFC, repeating what he had been told to do by Hicks, I wouldn't be surprised if rafa has complained about what happened, or had a go at them for not doing the deal, and was told: 'It wasn't your decision.'

I was thinking of your post from earlier in the day when I was watching that interview last night.

I just don't get it with Ashley. WTF does he think is going to happen if he pushes Rafa too far and he leaves? Who does he think will come to us and work under him and Penfold to get us back to the PL and keep us up? You'd think that he would have learnt lessons from the KK fiasco. So frustrating supporting us man.

There is clearly a lot more to Ashley's behaviour than meets the eye ; no person using common sense would get a major investment like NUFC into this type of situation and esp not one who likes to make money...there is something we don't know about here and it stinks to high heaven.

They're everywhere though aren't they? Ashley, Trump, Murdoch. Just used to railroading whoever because they've managed to get to a point that no matter how much nous they had or needed before doesn't matter. They are filthy rich enough do do whatever they feel like doing regardless of wider interests. We go back up, which it's still in many's eyes we will, then his shop is still in the public eye and NUFC making profits and the ground still full.

This is a gap yah to him

We should have signed someone. We didn't. I hope he can suck it up and just get on with it. He should be getting more out of the players he's got.

Not denying that the board have been useless and should have got him at least one player, but he and the players are getting paid well and are where they should be. We need to pick up on the absolutely shite performances and get the job done.

Last night's performance was more on Rafa than anyone else tbh. No organisation and no motivation.

The last 30 seconds of that post match interview is awful, basically shows nothing has changed and he has been let down.

Horrible :(

Can't put a positive spin on it because there isn't one, he looks annoyed and sounds annoyed about what happened and his repetition of 'Wasn't my decision' clearly shows he has wanted signings and they haven't been delivered. Simple.

The last 30 seconds of that post match interview is awful, basically shows nothing has changed and he has been let down.

Horrible :(

Can't put a positive spin on it because there isn't one, he looks annoyed and sounds annoyed about what happened and his repetition of 'Wasn't my decision' clearly shows he has wanted signings and they haven't been delivered. Simple.

It's looking ominous IMO. Think he's too honourable to leave us in the shit now but the Summer is a different story.

Preparing myself to cancel my season ticket direct debit in the summer. Not even going to tell them, I'm just cancelling online through my bank. Fucken try and get money out of me for breach of contract.

Preparing myself to cancel my season ticket direct debit in the summer. Not even going to tell them, I'm just cancelling online through my bank. Fucken try and get money out of me for breach of contract.

You wont be alone, I'm sure.

Yup. I've maybe stupidly stuck through all the shite but if they fuck this up and force him out I'm done.

Rafa was Ashley's last roll of the dice, he must know that if he loses Rafa due to his mistreatment of the man then the whole lot comes crumbling down around his ears. Is the fat twat really that stupid?!?

It's looking that way..............................