Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Preparing myself to cancel my season ticket direct debit in the summer. Not even going to tell them, I'm just cancelling online through my bank. Fucken try and get money out of me for breach of contract.

O0 O0

I hope he can still get us back up, but am convinced he will leave at the end of the season whether he does or not. He will have become the high watermark of our recent appointments by a long way. God knows who the idiots In charge will end up with next.

Rafa was Ashley's last roll of the dice, he must know that if he loses Rafa due to his mistreatment of the man then the whole lot comes crumbling down around his ears. Is the fat t*** really that stupid?!?

Ashley doesn't care man, hes been really fortunate over the years and blown the lot.

Started off with Shepherd hiring Allerdyce before he bought the club.  As much as we all hate him, he can keep a club in the prem on a strict budget.  A perfect man for Ashley you would think. Gets sacked as the transfer window opens, funny that!

KK calls up and wants the job, he gets the job and is gone in 6 months as he could not work under Ashley and his set up selling players late in the window and bringing in dross without his knowledge.  After a huge mess and relegation Shearer offers to take on the job, gets totally ignored. 

Chris Hughton gets the job by default as nothing is sorted out over the summer, Ashley gets lucky with Hughton as he gets the club promoted and stabilizes the club in the prem.  Hughton then sacked as he agreed with the players over bonuses etc. 

Pardew turns up, much to everyone's shock.

Caroll sold for mega bucks late in the window, no one comes in to fill the void.

Pardew guides the club to 5th and Ashley doesn't invest again to bolster for the Europe League. Three more years of utter failure under Pardew and then we end up with a reluctant Macca as even Pardew cant take anymore.  Macc gets sacked as the club is on the brink of relegation and Rafa turns up out of the blue.

Its the same thing over and over again with Ashley.

Tiote sold, no players coming in. 

Weve seen it all before.

Manager left hacked off.

we're really never, ever allowed to enjoy anything at this club. what a kick in the fucking gut this transfer window was - and of course in typical Newcastle fashion, even one of the world's best managers who has us 2nd in the table is struggling to change the shit loser mentality of some of our players that has cost us points this season.

Apologies if previously posted but I've just read the whole quotes on .com

This stands out:

"Asked if he was disappointed not to have made any signings in the January window:

"Obviously.

“We have to stick together. We have the fans. They have to realise they have to support the team.

"The players have to realise they are the players we have.

They can be very important players for this club. If we are promoted, they will be famous, heroes, stick together.”

There's been a hell of a lot of over reaction - myself included - after the result and the disappointment of the window but it certainly isn't all doomed. The atmosphere has to be positive and we can save the rafa meltdown for the end of the season if the club fail to back him.

If the fans keep turning up he doesn't care, even if Rafa walks it will be a few weeks of small protests but thousands will still go to the games, that's what needs to change but it never will.

its a 52k/48k risk.... :lol:

That first half performance would certainly suggest the players know all is not right, they were massively distracted you could tell.

We've put in a good few performances like that but with Gayle we've took our chances when the oppo haven't.

To suggest we should be walking the league is obviously ridiculous, but we should be performing better than we are. I'm more concerned about the performances than the transfer politics. Obviously, I realise that the two are connected, but as I say - we shouldn't be playing as shite as we are regardless.

It's been a shit window and a bad month for on field performances but we have what we have now and there's no point dwelling on it at this time. We need to back Rafa and back the team and hope for a better summer, if that doesn't happen and Rafa leaves then we need to unleash the Hounds of hell on Ashley. I said earlier, Rafa was Ashley's last roll of the dice, his hail Mary, Rafa was the only thing that could bring the club back together and if he goes then Ashley needs to, there's no coming back from that.

Guest neesy111

His priority should be looking about our defending, particular from set pieces.  We are still scoring enough to win games, but 1 clean sheet in 11 is very poor and we look vulnerable whenever a team has a set piece against us.