Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Tbh I'm not too worried if rafa leaves tomorrow, we can find a more flexible manager who'd win the league still with this squad

Such as who?

Bearing in mind we don't pay compensation for managers in jobs

Alan pardew

That's two people now, Dokko and Neesy, who have said there's better options out there but neither have provided the name of a manager who would be a better option for us yet

I think the manager we sacked and he replaced would have more points on the board with this squad. Who would I rather have? Rafa of course, doesn't mean we couldn't find someone to finish off the job dare I say it do better.

The real issue is if he stays out of respect to the fans but the players know he wants away, it will kill us. I'd rather him go now.

That's still not answering the question I asked about finding a more flexible available manager because McClaren is in a job at Derby and we don't go for managers who are in jobs unless they get sacked or resign, so you still haven't provided a name for a manager.

Which available managers are more flexible and would do a better job? You've just said you wouldn't be worried if Rafa walked

You can't just rule out manager who are in work because it suits your argument. Same argument that said we'd never hire someone as high profile as rafa in the first place or let him be more than a coach.

I'm not ruling him out based on my argument, I'm ruling him out because our board don't pay compensation for managers already in jobs [emoji38]

If Mcclaren is the only manager you can name then I've no idea how you can not be worried if Rafa left tomorrow

Is that it from you? Who you got, if it's not suitable then case closed. I said the wally simply as its relevant as he'd our last manager, getting Derby going g and we're playing him next. Tbh rafa walks I'd personally go get hughton two birds one stone, unlike players you can't really stop managers taking to other clubs if you buy out their contract.

What about Gary Rowett? Nice and cheap, ticks all the boxes.

http://i.imgur.com/gT5h854.gif

Tbh I'm not too worried if rafa leaves tomorrow, we can find a more flexible manager who'd win the league still with this squad

Such as who?

Alan pardew

That's two people now, Dokko and Neesy, who have said there's better options out there but neither have provided the name of a manager who would be a better option for us yet

I think the manager we sacked and he replaced would have more points on the board with this squad. Who would I rather have? Rafa of course, doesn't mean we couldn't find someone to finish off the job dare I say it do better.

The real issue is if he stays out of respect to the fans but the players know he wants away, it will kill us. I'd rather him go now.

That's still not answering the question I asked about finding a more flexible available manager because McClaren is in a job at Derby and we don't go for managers who are in jobs unless they get sacked or resign, so you still haven't provided a name for a manager.

Which available managers are more flexible and would do a better job? You've just said you wouldn't be worried if Rafa walked

You can't just rule out manager who are in work because it suits your argument. Same argument that said we'd never hire someone as high profile as rafa in the first place or let him be more than a coach.

I'm not ruling him out based on my argument, I'm ruling him out because our board don't pay compensation for managers already in jobs [emoji38]

If Mcclaren is the only manager you can name then I've no idea how you can not be worried if Rafa left tomorrow

Is that it from you? Who you got, if it's not suitable then case closed. I said the wally simply as its relevant as he'd our last manager, getting Derby going g and we're playing him next. Tbh rafa walks I'd personally go get hughton two birds one stone, unlike players you can't really stop managers taking to other clubs if you buy out their contract.

Are you taking the piss? From Rafa Benitez to Gary Rowett?  :lol:

If he goes what do you expect? Klopp? Apparently we aren't allowed to go after managers with jobs...

Such as who?

Alan pardew

Are you taking the piss? From Rafa Benitez to Gary Rowett?  :lol:

I'd take Rowett right now if Rafa went. He did a fantastic job with Birmingham and never deserved the sack. He knows the league, for those that think it matters.

He knows the league alright. Sums up which league you think this club belongs in if you think hiring a cheap yes man in place of one of the great managers is the answer.

It's the idea that you wouldn't really be fussed that's odd really.

If rafas head and heart is not in it from one setback when his own performance has been questionable then no, I'm not too arsed, in fact I'd rather him left now as to not derail the entire season.

He needs to man up and earn the money his reputation has got him. For me he's not done that so far.

Let me clarify I want him to stay for many years, but if he's gonna spit the dummy because he didn't get what he wants then it's only gonna end one way, every club has a limit, if he was bossing the league I think Ashley would be more ewilling to give him what he wants, as it stands he should be doing better.

If Rafa goes you can kiss this club goodbye. We'll not be coming back up again and if we do we'll go right back down. Suggesting anything else is stupidly idiotic. Yes, Rafa and the squad should be getting better results in the ones we've lost and hell even drawn but the whole point of Rafa is to get back into the PL and sustain and challenge and never go back down again. Fuckin hell.

He's not bossing the league because he needed more than what he bought in the summer. ENTIRE squad needed overhauling over mis management and recruitment of Carr, McClaren and Pardew man. Rafa had to clean out the squad, get them playing, get them winning and then if he couldn't sign someone he needed to make use of what we had. Our squad was shit to begin with.

It's the idea that you wouldn't really be fussed that's odd really.

If rafas head and heart is not in it from one setback when his own performance has been questionable then no, I'm not too arsed, in fact I'd rather him left now as to not derail the entire season.

He needs to man up and earn the money his reputation has got him. For me he's not done that so far.

Let me clarify I want him to stay for many years, but if he's gonna spit the dummy because he didn't get what he wants then it's only gonna end one way, every club has a limit, if he was bossing the league I think Ashley would be more ewilling to give him what he wants, as it stands he should be doing better.

I would agree if he was in any way the unreasonable party here. He has repeatedly stated his commitment to a project and he's just showing he has a spine unlike the protozoa who were there before him. I'd much rather see that. He is the one with the football as the priority in all of this

It's massively important that the fans don't loose faith / positivity like. Would be disastrous for the rest of the season / chances of Rafa staying longer.

I personally, looking at it now, think he's been fucked over, but at the same time I'd be really disappointed in Rafa if he bailed at the first sign of trouble, especially when we was backed massively in the summer. He must recognise that he should be doing better.

I personally don't think it's a nail in any coffin or anything, but obviously has the potential to be very destabilising.

Rafa won't bail, he's far too principled to not do his job, he'll make sure the team is well prepared and do everything in his power to take us up. His professional pride will demand no less. In the summer though there's every chance he'll be gone if his trust in Ashley and his lickspittle spokesman is compromised. Before yesterday I was still hoping that he was on the same page as Charnley and Co, but you have to wonder how they can repair this. Or if they'll even bother trying.

The big problem we have now is if Rafa succeeds and we go up, then Ashley has been kind of proven right which will make him even worse to deal with in the summer

It won't be a problem for Rafa, either he'll get the backing he's been promised or he'll walk.

I'm struggling to see a best case scenario, to be honest. Even if we go up I really can't see us investing an adequate amount.

I think you're perspective is over ambitious - especially with Ashley in charge. We'll look to avoid a relegation battle, not much else. He won't ensure we'll have a squad strong enough for midtable, just put together something that might be strong enough for it. Much like the Townsend deal, why spend all the money to push a 85% likeliness of promotion to 92%?

I'm struggling to see a best case scenario, to be honest. Even if we go up I really can't see us investing an adequate amount.

I think you're perspective is over ambitious - especially with Ashley in charge. We'll look to avoid a relegation battle, not much else. He won't ensure we'll have a squad strong enough for midtable, just put together something that might be strong enough for it. Much like the Townsend deal, why spend all the money to push a 85% likeliness of promotion to 92%?

And as I said yesterday, if we invest an amount so meagre that avoiding a relegation battle is the clear aim, Rafa will be gone. He's not Pardew, he's a winner.

They have to match what McClaren got like. Any less is a joke.

One of the things here is that when Rafa confirmed he was staying and we were making daft predictions like going the whole season undefeated, it was because we still had Sissoko. Wijnaldum and Townsend on our books. Whatever you think of those players, we haven't replaced them with similar quality and it shows. January was the chance to do something to put that right and it didn't happen. I'm not confident that Rafa thinks it's going to happen in the summer now either.

They have to match what McClaren got like. Any less is a joke.

One of the things here is that when Rafa confirmed he was staying and we were making daft predictions like going the whole season undefeated, it was because we still had Sissoko. Wijnaldum and Townsend on our books. Whatever you think of those players, we haven't replaced them with similar quality and it shows. January was the chance to do something to put that right and it didn't happen. I'm not confident that Rafa thinks it's going to happen in the summer now either.

Were you expecting us to have those players in the Championship? Or that we would sign players of that quality?

If we look to bring in the right standard of player in the summer, he'll stay.

Funny enough I think, if we go up, he will get money to spend. They have just taken a massive and unnecessary gamble by not signing anyone now.

Agreed.

I don't know how you reconcile the two, though. If they are prepared to finance a strong team for the PL, surely now would be a good time to buy and integrate one or two players of that standard?

Rafa is 'struggling' in his first year in this league by keeping us in the top 2 for most of it :lol:

Yes, his apparent unflexible tactics can be frustrating at times...but he's doing well. On top of that...he galvanised everyone more than anyone in the past decade.

Maybe there are managers who could get more in this league...but when we're promoted he'll be formidable.

Make no mistake...losing him would be catastrophic.

:thup:

He'll go in the summer if he isn't backed again, and rightfully so.

Fuck you Ashley you utter cunt.

And as I said yesterday, if we invest an amount so meagre that avoiding a relegation battle is the clear aim, Rafa will be gone. He's not Pardew, he's a winner.

What are you expecting? I don't even think Rafa believes he'll be able to make 7 £10m/20m+ signings in the summer.