Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Cant see Benitez walking over not getting a player in January.  Just seems ridiculous to even consider.

For all anyone knows he could be reffering to not knowing what happened based on Palace selecting Townsend based on a pre agreed deal earlier in the day. Then hes like I dont know what went wrong? Has he actually blamed the board or are people speculating as per usual.

Will you stop posting rubbish please? Seriously, man.

You post rubbish daily. At least mine is now & then.

By all means find it. I'd like to be wrong about everything I've said in the last 24 hours but unfortunately I'm not.

When asked if he had an explanation about what happened on deadline day, Benitez said: "No, because I don't know."

His answers suggests the transfer business was left to others in the boardroom.

When asked his current mood he said: "I said before I am disappointed but I have to concentrate on the players we have and try to improve them."

The bit in bold is what the media do pal. They like to be subjective.

Stop having a cry w***. All will be fine.

He will get the best from what we have.

:lol:

We needed players, he knew we needed players. We didn't sign any. If you don't think that's a cause for concern you're quite dense. Sorry to say it but there you go.

You are saying players? We could have potentially signed one. A player. So it wasnt about needing player's.  We have enough. He thought Andros would improve our attacking options, thats about it.

Im dense, but you are complete drama queen.

You're basically telling fibs, now. He said he wanted a winger and a CM.

Anyway, f***ing pointless this.

Have you pickled your head?

Where am I telling fibs? We were in for Townsend on DLD thats all anyone reported on SSN all day for us. Only alleged firm offer for a player even if that part was true?

We stopped pursuing a midfielder once we were told McCarthy was 16m.

Stop being desperate. Im only quoting you saying "players" like we needed loads. We didn't really. Its a bit of a shame but im not overreacting like you.

If you trust your news source based on sky sports news then you seriously need your head checking.

Did mention even if that part was true. And alleged.

I know what we did at Liverpool when things looked tense.. We went and sang his name and lifted the team so no one was in doubt about how the heavens would fall if he was screwed over and left. The players always responded, as did Rafa. Maybe show them a bit of love and f*** the c***s upstairs eh?

Spot on lad !!!! If we could have the atmosphere we had when we beat spurs last game of the season we would be in a better position IMO

I know what we did at Liverpool when things looked tense.. We went and sang his name and lifted the team so no one was in doubt about how the heavens would fall if he was screwed over and left. The players always responded, as did Rafa. Maybe show them a bit of love and fuck the cunts upstairs eh?

I think this is where Rafa might find a difference between the 2 sets of fans.

We are so used to mediocrity, we'll just accept that it's going wrong and be silent.

Does anyone think he's getting the best from the squad ? I mean given the squad we have in this division how many would set up the team the way he is ?

Those are two very different questions TBF. We might well set the team up differently and completely fail because Rafa knows a lot more about football than us.

I know what we did at Liverpool when things looked tense.. We went and sang his name and lifted the team so no one was in doubt about how the heavens would fall if he was screwed over and left. The players always responded, as did Rafa. Maybe show them a bit of love and fuck the cunts upstairs eh?

We are so used to mediocrity, we'll just accept that it's going wrong and be silent.

I don't think that's it at all, we've been let down so many times that we actually get annoyed and petulant instead of trying to lift the team.

Does anyone think he's getting the best from the squad ? I mean given the squad we have in this division how many would set up the team the way he is ?

:lol:

With this squad in this league, yes, rather 3-5-2, 3-4-3 than 4-2-3-1.

I don't think that's it at all, we've been let down so many times that we actually get annoyed and petulant instead of trying to lift the team.

Could be, but the net result is the same. Lack of positivity.

Guest neesy111

So it's the fans fault the team fell to pieces straight after taking the lead.  Righteo.  That's the managers and squads fault.

Our 2nd half performance was ok, but it was how we played after taking the lead that was the issue tonight.

Those are two very different questions TBF. We might well set the team up differently and completely fail because Rafa knows a lot more about football than us.

Every professional manager knows more about football than us then..............we can still see when they are obviously getting it wrong.

I'll put it another way, should a manager stick to the same tactics regardless of personnel ?

Also I'll ask again, Do you think he's getting the best out of this squad ?

I think any manager at any club needs to be flexible and adapt things depending on the situation. Not every game is the same and setting up in exactly the same way week in, week out leads to you becoming sterile, predictable and easier to play against.

Got no objection to having a preferred formation but if it's clearly not working then mix it up a bit ffs, make the opposition alter their shape, throw a curveball in there from time to time. Inflexibility and stubbornness aren't useful traits to have as a manager.

I think any manager at any club needs to be flexible and adapt things depending on the situation. Not every game is the same and setting up in exactly the same way week in, week out leads to you becoming sterile, predictable and easier to play against.

Got no objection to having a preferred formation but if it's clearly not working then mix it up a bit ffs, make the opposition alter their shape, throw a curveball in there from time to time. Inflexibility and stubbornness aren't useful traits to have as a manager.

Said similar ages back. Got torn to shreds. Rafa does know more than us but he is totally stubborn and hell bent on using his method relentlessly. I mean the state of Perez tonight.

The defence is shocking. Look like 4 strangers. No shape and don't work well together. Getting out of jail because of opposition being generally shit and Darlow pulling his socks up. 2 awful goals tonight. That No.14 tonight looked like he was dragged out the stands and given a shirt...

Perez looked to go a long way to making sure he's sent packing ASAP. (With Mitro....)

So it's the fans fault the team fell to pieces straight after taking the lead.  Righteo.  That's the managers and squads fault.

Our 2nd half performance was ok, but it was how we played after taking the lead that was the issue tonight.

Not saying it's the fans fault at all but it's times like this, there needs to be some resolve and spirit coming from the fans when things inside the club appear to be in a bit of turmoil. I would love to see some massive vocal support for Rafa and the team on Saturday. It won't affect the fat cunt upstairs' attitude but it might help Rafa and the players because confidence is blatantly very low at the moment.

That said, the atmosphere at Anfield has been flat and shite for years...and many of those legendary nights we had were in Europe. I remember more than a couple of annoying draws...and we've had a few this month. Come to think of it, You fuckers have got seven points from nine in your last three league matches and there's some right hissy fits. We've got two and had a shit month and it's meltdown central and even that's unjustified.

Is Rafa getting the best out of your squad at present? Maybe not. Is there a man around who could get better right now? No. Is Rafa capable and good enough to of get  more from them? Too fucking right.

Ask Norwich and Villa fans if they'd swap places with you right now.

Not saying it's the fans fault at all but it's times like this, there needs to be some resolve and spirit coming from the fans when things inside the club appear to be in a bit of turmoil. I would love to see some massive vocal support for Rafa and the team on Saturday. It won't affect the fat c*** upstairs' attitude but it might help Rafa and the players because confidence is blatantly very low at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I get behind the team in the stadium but on here and in the pub I'll call it as I see it.

This is exactly why I wanted us to sign Townsend. Our predictability is horribly compounded by the fact our attack is so one-paced and one-sided.

Completely agree - it's not the first time either, been saying it for months. We score a goal and go in front and it's almost like Rafa asks them to stop playing and revert to aimless passes around the back four and long humps up.

Completely agree - it's not the first time either, been saying it for months. We score a goal and go in front and it's almost like Rafa asks them to stop playing and revert to aimless passes around the back four and long humps up.

Hang on, we played our best stuff after we scored our 2nd ?

Referring to the first goal and the first half.

We often come out fighting in the 2nd half (as we did today), but suffer from an incredibly shite first half.

Guest neesy111

We were far better when we went 2-1 in front and after Sammy Ameobi came on.  Their equalizer was a suprise but not undeserved over the course of the game.