Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

His priority should be looking about our defending, particular from set pieces.  We are still scoring enough to win games, but 1 clean sheet in 11 is very poor and we look vulnerable whenever a team has a set piece against us.

I put it down to whenever we concede a set piece Rafa sits down and that other coach gets up, the players get distracted thinking "why does Rafa sit down and that other bloke gets up whenever we are defending a set p........................fuck they've scored"

If the fans keep turning up he doesn't care, even if Rafa walks it will be a few weeks of small protests but thousands will still go to the games, that's what needs to change but it never will.

I'm not convinced - if Rafa goes because of Ashley, I really think that would be the final straw for a lot of fans.

I'm not convinced he'll walk just because of January, i think there's a snowballing frustration about shit transfer window, losing in that manner in the Cup and giving up an own goal and drawing at home that he's absolutely livid for. Get back to controlling and winning ways and get to promotion and hopefully he'll like everything again. A Rafa-less Newcastle as a result of Ashley's meddling is it for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

If the fans keep turning up he doesn't care, even if Rafa walks it will be a few weeks of small protests but thousands will still go to the games, that's what needs to change but it never will.

I'm not convinced - if Rafa goes because of Ashley, I really think that would be the final straw for a lot of fans.

Would it fuck, with Premier League footy back and the stars of City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal and co gracing the pitch at SJP customers will flock to their seats to see some PL action.

I'm not convinced he'll walk just because of January, i think there's a snowballing frustration about shit transfer window, losing in that manner in the Cup and giving up an own goal and drawing at home that he's absolutely livid for. Get back to controlling and winning ways and get to promotion and hopefully he'll like everything again. A Rafa-less Newcastle as a result of Ashley's meddling is it for me.

He may not lead directly because of January but it will be start of the process. 100%. They backed him in the summer and now they've failed to do so.

He's (rightly) fucked off and will feel thay they've gone back on their agreement. He will make his opinions well known. Ashley loves nothing more than an argument and will rise to it.

Rafa will go. The question now is just when.

We should have signed someone. We didn't. I hope he can suck it up and just get on with it. He should be getting more out of the players he's got.

Not denying that the board have been useless and should have got him at least one player, but he and the players are getting paid well and are where they should be. We need to pick up on the absolutely shite performances and get the job done.

Last night's performance was more on Rafa than anyone else tbh. No organisation and no motivation.

Exactly. I can't blame Ashley for expecting more from rafa, I do, he's been poor come match day if we're honest, but Ashley should have backed him this window and shaped the squad in ready for its return to the top league.

Tbh I'm not too worried if rafa leaves tomorrow, we can find a more flexible manager who'd win the league still with this squad, my worry is he's mentally checked out and this filters to the players. We could end up missing out on promotion quite easily as the feel good factor has been totally destroyed. Ashley still doesn't get this, fucking idiot.

Tbh I'm not too worried if rafa leaves tomorrow, we can find a more flexible manager who'd win the league still with this squad

Such as who?

Bearing in mind we don't pay compensation for managers in jobs

Tbh I'm not too worried if rafa leaves tomorrow, we can find a more flexible manager who'd win the league still with this squad

Such as who?

Alan pardew

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell man, some of the stuff popping up on here. Not worried if Rafa left tomorrow??? f***ing hell man, absolutely idiotic.

Such as who?

Alan pardew

That's two people now, Dokko and Neesy, who have said there's better options out there but neither have provided the name of a manager who would be a better option for us yet

the full interview transcript isnt anywhere near as alarming mind.

using language like 'we must stick together' doesn't suggest he's about to walk.

Or maybe that he knows that there is s*** times ahead.

maybe, it still suggests he isn't going anywhere.

Rafa was Ashley's last roll of the dice, he must know that if he loses Rafa due to his mistreatment of the man then the whole lot comes crumbling down around his ears. Is the fat twat really that stupid?!?

It appears he is. Before yesterday I thought everyone was just being paranoid, but its's pretty clear now that Rafa feels let down. The football's been rank for a while now, and Rafa has to take some blame for that, but if Ashley just trusted him to get on with the job you know he would deliver in the end. Promotion or not I do now think there's a good chance Rafa won't be here next season. He'll have too many offers from big clubs to be wondering if Ashley has his back - or just a knife to plunge into it.

Such as who?

Alan pardew

That's two people now, Dokko and Neesy, who have said there's better options out there but neither have provided the name of a manager who would be a better option for us yet

I think the manager we sacked and he replaced would have more points on the board with this squad. Who would I rather have? Rafa of course, doesn't mean we couldn't find someone to finish off the job dare I say it do better.

The real issue is if he stays out of respect to the fans but the players know he wants away, it will kill us. I'd rather him go now.

Rafa was Ashley's last roll of the dice, he must know that if he loses Rafa due to his mistreatment of the man then the whole lot comes crumbling down around his ears. Is the fat t*** really that stupid?!?

It appears he is. Before yesterday I thought everyone was just being paranoid, but its's pretty clear now that Rafa feels let down. The football's been rank for a while now, and Rafa has to take some blame for that, but if Ashley just trusted him to get on with the job you know he would deliver in the end. Promotion or not I do now think there's a good chance Rafa won't be here next season. He'll have too many offers from big clubs to be wondering if Ashley has his back - or just a knife to plunge into it.

Question is when Ashley considers the amount of compo available will he have any incentive to have Rafa's back.

Such as who?

Alan pardew

I think the manager we sacked and he replaced would have more points on the board with this squad. Who would I rather have? Rafa of course, doesn't mean we couldn't find someone to finish off the job dare I say it do better.

The real issue is if he stays out of respect to the fans but the players know he wants away, it will kill us. I'd rather him go now.

That's still not answering the question I asked about finding a more flexible available manager because McClaren is in a job at Derby and we don't go for managers who are in jobs unless they get sacked or resign, so you still haven't provided a name for a manager.

Which available managers are more flexible and would do a better job? You've just said you wouldn't be worried if Rafa walked

No one said this was going to be easy.

The problem with money men like Ashley is they know pretty much nothing about football. The combination of a physically tough league, dubious referees, bans and injuries was always going to have an impact.

I don't blame anyone for feeling apprehensive about Raffa after everything we've seen and experienced under this ownership, hopefully this bad patch for the team will be sorted and we can move on.