Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Anybody more nervous now of relegation?

My apathy will be completely gone if Rafa is in charge, staying up will mean something.

I'm absolutely the same.

Yep, although try not to think about it for now, and for the first time in years we can actively support and cheer our team again. Be nice to get nervous before match days again.

My apathy still isn't completely gone, it will be if i see that he's got complete control and he's backed in the summer though. :lol:

No chance he'd cone if he wasn't given control of transfers imo.

Aye but the skeptism still can't be escaped until i see it confirmed. :lol:

Probably already mentioned but Benitez said he would only take the talks further and travel up to the North East if the managers seat was vacant.

Hence why McClaren was sacked now.

wonder what happens to carr now then? guessing rafa wants total control of recruitment?

Moves to his role at Mondial Sport Management full-time, just picks different clubs to hawk his players too.

Probably already mentioned but Benitez said he would only take the talks further and travel up to the North East if the managers seat was vacant.

Hence why McClaren was sacked now.

The talks will be far enough on for the face to face to be a formality.

Be weird having the whole forum behind a manager for once.

be class if Ian W gets on his back from like day 1 imo

:lol:

Having a manager that isn't a standing joke will be hard to get used to. Having a better manager than rival clubs is incomprehensible to me now.

:lol: gonna be weird not immediately hating someone tbh

I reckon my best bet is to start hounding him out from Monday night.

Keep up!

Can't believe this is actually happening, just hope we haven't left it too late. You can easily see this making a huge change in player performance which is a disgrace but I will take it. I wonder who his favourites will be and where this will leave the likes of Colback and Gouffran. It's the hope that kills you!

Ive managed to completely ignore the mire we're in these past couple of days but he's going to be gone in May isn't he  :lol: we can't have nice things we're Newcastle

Ever the optimist :lol:

I still think it's a good move too late.

It's a valid point. The writing has been on the wall for send time now, they could/should have done this a couple of months ago. Still, hard to complain too much.

What if when Pardew went that Benitez was the man they lined up (it was rumoured that he was on the shortlist), but then Real Madrid came in for him. What if all that was the plan and McClaren was the back up guy all along?

What if when Pardew went that Benitez was the man they lined up (it was rumoured that he was on the shortlist), but then Real Madrid came in for him. What if all that was the plan and McClaren was the back up guy all along?

Creased.