Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

If/When Benitez signs, do you think this will be the same unveiling as McClaren... i.e. interview on NUFCTV then released to the various media partners, or something a bit more public/formal, given the apparent feeling about his arrival?

No, it will be a statement, maybe a limited interview, possibly combined with the pre-match interview. There will be one picture at most and he will be busy getting the squad ready for Monday. No way they will take time out to take photos from every area of the ground and such.

Bet they do take time.

Hope he gives an interview saying he's going to kick players arses.

If/When Benitez signs, do you think this will be the same unveiling as McClaren... i.e. interview on NUFCTV then released to the various media partners, or something a bit more public/formal, given the apparent feeling about his arrival?

If they are forking out 4m a year, they'll wheel him out to the press. It's a statement of intent and the more coverage it gets, the more it will seep into the players mindset too.

I think the way they announced Shteve was pretty much "nothing to see here, carry on". Probably knowing that things could easily go pear shaped for him.. and the club.

They need all the positive headlines they can get right now.

:lol: at everyone having their massive passion for NUFC suddenly switched on after years of lying dormant due to abuse. We're gonna be gibbering wrecks for the derby :lol:

:lol: It's sickening.

:lol: at everyone having their massive passion for NUFC suddenly switched on after years of lying dormant due to abuse. We're gonna be gibbering wrecks for the derby :lol:

You had plenty of time to get out Mike. All you forrins should've just started supporting Man City when you had the chance.

You had plenty of time to get out Mike. All you forrins should've just started supporting Man City when you had the chance.

:lol: Newcastle aren't even my worst team, they're not even the worst run.

Anybody more nervous now of relegation?

My apathy will be completely gone if Rafa is in charge, staying up will mean something.

It's going to be excruciating watching the last ten games knowing that if we stay up we get Rafa and if we go down we revert back to type.

This is what is stopping me being over the moon, it's turned the next 10 games into a nightmare :lol: I had completely switched off all emotion towards the club until now.

Shit You're right. I'm usually laughing as we make fools of ourselves on tv, I'm going to be bricking it on Monday.