Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Best thing that could of happened, Rafa has put the ball firmly in Ashleys court, he will now be sacked or backed or niether and he walks in which case everyone in Newcastle knows where we stand.

Yep - it has to come to a head now, either way.

Guest reefatoon

He'll be gone by December latest.

If he doesn't get what was promised to him, why would he hang on until December? This will all be sorted either way by the end of the transfer window shutting.

“You need to adjust the team.

“Then hopefully we can bring some players and add to what we are looking for.”

This is important, a big reason we havent made the signings we want yet is that we havent been able to get rid of the deadwood as of yet

Why do we need to get rid of deadwood first? If the money's there we should spend it. Then if someone wants to buy our deadwood we can shift them as and when.

It just doesnt work like that man....

How big of a squad do you think we can have? Do you want the wage budget so high that it becomes unsustanable?

The way the club is run our budget will be surplus money only, I would have thought the wages being paid are already accounted for before Rafa is told you have X amount to spend. So yes we'll have extra bodies, but we should be able to buy players in and then work on shifting those who no longer figure for this season.

Then work on shifting those no who longer figure for this season?

Thats what the club have been trying to do since the transfer window opened, thats the problem, we are struggling to get rid of these players

If we sign players like Gibbs etc on high wages and fail to shift deadwood like Riviere, Hanley etc then our wage budget will be unsustanable.

I know its frustrating but I dont think the club are willing to take the risk of spending big whilst we have so many players on our books

Our transfer budget usually includes the wages doesn't it?

Pardew's available so Mike will hardly care if he goes.

Think that's bollocks personally, Pardew has been rumbled, even Ashley wouldn't touch him now.

I don't think Ashley would care mate.

This is important, a big reason we havent made the signings we want yet is that we havent been able to get rid of the deadwood as of yet

Why do we need to get rid of deadwood first? If the money's there we should spend it. Then if someone wants to buy our deadwood we can shift them as and when.

How big of a squad do you think we can have? Do you want the wage budget so high that it becomes unsustanable?

The way the club is run our budget will be surplus money only, I would have thought the wages being paid are already accounted for before Rafa is told you have X amount to spend. So yes we'll have extra bodies, but we should be able to buy players in and then work on shifting those who no longer figure for this season.

Thats what the club have been trying to do since the transfer window opened, thats the problem, we are struggling to get rid of these players

If we sign players like Gibbs etc on high wages and fail to shift deadwood like Riviere, Hanley etc then our wage budget will be unsustanable.

I know its frustrating but I dont think the club are willing to take the risk of spending big whilst we have so many players on our books

The additional problem that we have is that I doubt many (if any) clubs want our failed players and if they do it'll be for a pittance. Ashley wants to make money back on every purchase, which means we're stuck with some of the shit we've bought, like Riviere for example.

Think that's bollocks personally, Pardew has been rumbled, even Ashley wouldn't touch him now.

He'd care about relegation and the plummeting value of the squad that we were headed towards last time Pardew was here.

He'd care about relegation and the plummeting value of the squad that we were headed towards last time Pardew was here.

I don't think he cared the last time tbh...Pardew wasn't sacked remember. Ashley probably thought he was doing a great job.

I don't think he cared the last time tbh...Pardew wasn't sacked remember. Ashley probably thought he was doing a great job.

Charnley was quoted as saying they were gutted and that he was their man.

This is the part that makes no sense. I thought he'd fuck around in January or next summer when Rafa was wanting to take another step forward, which Ashley would likely have little appetite for. I don't understand why he'd do it now before we've consolidated our place in the league. Surely he must realize we'd be in shambles without Rafa?

Pardew was definitely under pressure by the end no matter what Charnley said publicly. He turned down Palace initially then when he realised the writing was on the wall he knew his time was up. That's how I remember it.

It's so refreshing to have a manager who's got the balls to stand up to Ashley. He needs to sort it out quickly because if Rafa goes then the uneasy peace he's brought goes too.

The additional problem that we have is that I doubt many (if any) clubs want our failed players and if they do it'll be for a pittance. Ashley wants to make money back on every purchase, which means we're stuck with some of the s*** we've bought, like Riviere for example.

Yup

I think the club is willing to admit that they are going to make a loss on players like Riviere, but we still have far too many players that other clubs dont want

Until these players leave, Benitez wont able to spend big and bring in the targets that he wants

Pardew was definitely under pressure by the end no matter what Charnley said publicly. He turned down Palace initially then when he realised the writing was on the wall he knew his time was up. That's how I remember it.

I really don't think he gives a fudge.

I think the fans turning on him might have had more to do with it. Either way, I have full confidence that Ashley would manage to make the worst possible appointment if things go bad, and theres no doubting who that would be. Anyway I wouldn't give a shit in that case as I'd already be done with the club.

The additional problem that we have is that I doubt many (if any) clubs want our failed players and if they do it'll be for a pittance. Ashley wants to make money back on every purchase, which means we're stuck with some of the s*** we've bought, like Riviere for example.

Yup

I think the club is willing to admit that they are going to make a loss on players like Riviere, but we still have far too many players that other clubs dont want

Until these players leave, Benitez wont able to spend big and bring in the targets that he wants

You can imagine with prices sky-rocketing like they have, we'll be asking for £10m for Riviere, £25m for Mitro, 40p for Colback.......

Rafa, man. Sticking it to the knobheads.

This is concerning, obviously, but I’m still hopeful. Rafa’s said/done worse things at clubs and still stayed on for a while longer. He made profit last season, he should be given the money agreed and allowed to spend it as he pleases. Charnley stepping in to decide the ‘real value’ is totally unnecessary and screams of a bloke absolutely desperate to appease his boss.

To me, the callout is more of a nod to thumb. Ashley won’t want to be dragged into this, he likes his scapegoats and this will be another added pressure that should force him to get Charnley to make some kind of move, whether that’s through transfers or getting rid of Rafa (which we know won’t be cheap).

Guest firetotheworks

I think the main problem that I have here is that even if Rafa's given what he wants and he shows them what investment can do, they'll still never, ever, ever learn from it. My feeling is that Rafa would pretty much have to get us Champions League football from a completely normal budget in order to prove that money needs to be spent.

Look at last season, we now know that Rafa had to fight tooth and nail to get them to sign Ritchie. I don't think anyone would argue that without Ritchie we wouldn't have been promoted last season - and yet here we are, Rafa fought for transfers in the summer, didn't get them in January, he still got us promoted - largely because of one of the signings he fought for -  and we've signed one new player for just under £8m. It's the 17th July.

They're absolutely pathetic, dealing with these people must be an absolute nightmare for anyone with an ounce of integrity.

I think the main problem that I have here is that even if Rafa's given what he wants and he shows them what investment can do, they'll still never, ever, ever learn from it. My feeling is that Rafa would pretty much have to get us Champions League football from a completely normal budget in order to prove that money needs to be spent.

Look at last season, we now know that Rafa had to fight tooth and nail to get them to sign Ritchie. I don't think anyone would argue that without Ritchie we wouldn't have been promoted last season - and yet here we are, Rafa fought for transfers in the summer, didn't get them in January, he still got us promoted - largely because of one of the signings he fought for -  and we've signed one new player for just under £8m. It's the 17th July.

They're absolutely pathetic, dealing with these people must be an absolute nightmare for anyone with an ounce of integrity.

Completely missed this story. What was it?