Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Like someone said before, I just fucking want this to be done, one way or another. Sick of this shit!

I'm sort of relaxed about it, I've decided I won't be following us if Rafa is forced out. I know it's a defence mechanism, but it's all I've got.

Guest firetotheworks

Stating the obvious, but until Ashley's gone there'll never be a true end to anything and we're just winning and losing smaller battles. The whole point of ousting Pardew and McLaren was so that we could get someone like Rafa. Now if he's being dicked about and leaves, the only positive is more people onside for match walk outs and boycotts to try and oust Ashley. My fear - beyond Rafa leaving obviously - is that Ashley brings someone else in and the fans just get on with 'supporting the team not the regime'

Like someone said before, I just f***ing want this to be done, one way or another. Sick of this s***!

I'm sort of relaxed about it, I've decided I won't be following us if Rafa is forced out. I know it's a defence mechanism, but it's all I've got.

I've decided the same mate. The "uncertainty" is just frustrating (inevitable might be a better word) and want us to either move forward where everyone's happy, or get closure and move on with my life without Newcastle and cheese tits in charge.

Guest neesy111

Those comments put huge pressure on Ashley to deliver, nobody has done that to him before and it'll be interesting to see how he responds.

Pardew regularly held him to account IIRC.

:pokerface:

Stating the obvious, but until Ashley's gone there'll never be a true end to anything and we're just winning and losing smaller battles. The whole point of ousting Pardew and McLaren was so that we could get someone like Rafa. Now if he's being dicked about and leaves, the only positive is more people onside for match walk outs and boycotts to try and oust Ashley. My fear - beyond Rafa leaving obviously - is that Ashley brings someone else in and the fans just get on with 'supporting the team not the regime'

We are just in limbo until Ashley leaves, he has no interest in football other than swaging pints and making daft bets.

Guest ElCid

Nothing will change until the fat c*** has gone and that makes no difference to who the manager is. The same scenario will play out, struggle for year or two if lucky, then get relegated; and then promoted and on and on. One of these times though we won't get promoted. The whole Ashley era is nearly as bad as the McKeag years and at least he had an excuse as he had no serious money.

Those comments put huge pressure on Ashley to deliver, nobody has done that to him before and it'll be interesting to see how he responds.

Pardew regularly held him to account IIRC.

:pokerface:

Short memory Ness?

He regularly dedicated wins to Mike as a thank you for players being purchased.

Guest ElCid

Meh i stopped caring before Benitez, then he hasn't been here long enough for me to regain any passion i once had pre-Pardew so i struggle to care right now.

Just apathy all over again.

Same with me gone from going every week to not at all due to the way one man runs this club.

If Rafa leaves it would be amazing if the stadium was all empty during our first game of the season. Would fucking love it in a way. Not that it's gonna happen, but I certainly do think a lot of people would stop going, at least fucking hope so.

Meh i stopped caring before Benitez, then he hasn't been here long enough for me to regain any passion i once had pre-Pardew so i struggle to care right now.

Just apathy all over again.

Same with me gone from going every week to not at all due to the way one man runs this club.

Same here.

Although I did enjoy last season (for the most part) and was looking forward to this season.  More fool me for thinking it was going to be any different.

I'm glad rafa's came out and said this if I'm honest.

“You need to adjust the team.

“Then hopefully we can bring some players and add to what we are looking for.”

This is important, a big reason we havent made the signings we want yet is that we havent been able to get rid of the deadwood as of yet

Rafa carefully pinning Ashley and Charnely to the lack of action and bringing up the promises. While I don't think what has been said is that bad, it shouldn't be necessary. Rafa should be backed and we should have had at least 2 more big name signings in by now.