Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Guest ElCid

Love this thread. Everytime someone makes out hes off or angry like a little drama queen. Then the real man speaks himself. And the drama is quashed.

Some absolute fannies on here.

And others who are arrogant in their willful ignorance, acting as if nothing ever happens.

Not arrogance just some fans can't see serious problems or choose not to when it's abundantly clear. This squad will have serious problems stopping up. There's a number of players who are either total s*** or have question marks whether they can cut it in the premier. The manager is obviously bordering on being dillusioned with the current transfer policy and the only reason he is stopping is due to a sense of loyalty to the fans. Think it's quite sad when people come out with 'fannies', 'bed wetters' or 'cry babies' when the problems at this club or so obvious that when people say this they are either so blinkered or just plain clueless. Rafa is not a god and he can only take players with questionable top flight quality so far and that's why his annoyance is increasing daily. It's really not rocket science.

Completely disagree with this, our first 11 is much much better than most on here want to give it credit for, I dunno why that is. maybe it's too much listening to mackem lies, read a post on there the other day that said, even in there current state , their current team would easily beat ours.

Even beyond the first 11 we have some quality too, in the likes of Murphy, Aarons, the team captain, and Merino. The problem with our squad is th

Love this thread. Everytime someone makes out hes off or angry like a little drama queen. Then the real man speaks himself. And the drama is quashed.

And others who are arrogant in their willful ignorance, acting as if nothing ever happens.

Not arrogance just some fans can't see serious problems or choose not to when it's abundantly clear. This squad will have serious problems stopping up. There's a number of players who are either total s*** or have question marks whether they can cut it in the premier. The manager is obviously bordering on being dillusioned with the current transfer policy and the only reason he is stopping is due to a sense of loyalty to the fans. Think it's quite sad when people come out with 'fannies', 'bed wetters' or 'cry babies' when the problems at this club or so obvious that when people say this they are either so blinkered or just plain clueless. Rafa is not a god and he can only take players with questionable top flight quality so far and that's why his annoyance is increasing daily. It's really not rocket science.

Completely disagree with this, our first 11 is much much better than most on here want to give it credit for, I dunno why that is. maybe it's too much listening to mackem lies, read a post on there the other day that said, even in there current state , their current team would easily beat ours.

Even beyond the first 11 we have some quality too, in the likes of Murphy, Aarons, the team captain, and Merino. The problem with our squad is that we have limited back up for the likes of Shelvey and Gayle, but if those two stay fit the bulk of the season, we'll be absolutely fine and anyone getting their knickers in a twist about this being a relegation battle, is talking nonsense, the bottom of the PL didn't get so much better in the space of one transfer window, it's still pretty poor on the whole and has nothing, even with our current squad for us to be afraid of.

we have limited back up for the likes of Shelvey and Gayle, but if those two stay fit the bulk of the season, we'll be absolutely fine and anyone getting their knickers in a twist about this being a relegation battle, is talking nonsense, the bottom of the PL didn't get so much better in the space of one transfer window, it's still pretty poor on the whole and has nothing, even with our current squad for us to be afraid of.

As I said blinkered or clueless

Even beyond the first 11 we have some quality too, in the likes of Murphy, Aarons, the team captain, and Merino. The problem with our squad is that we have limited back up for the likes of Shelvey and Gayle, but if those two stay fit the bulk of the season, we'll be absolutely fine and anyone getting their knickers in a twist about this being a relegation battle, is talking nonsense, the bottom of the PL didn't get so much better in the space of one transfer window, it's still pretty poor on the whole and has nothing, even with our current squad for us to be afraid of.

Watching the same players last season, I guess.

:thup: It's unbelievable this, like.

If anyone calls me a pessimistic bastard this season, I'll be pointing right back to this thread. That team last season won promotion with ease last season, the one game we had against top flight opposition ended in a penalty shootout defeat in a away game we dominated for the majority of. Do you honestly think that this team is way worse than the team that were relegated by a point, when managed by Steve bloody McClaren ?

No one is questioning the need to make more signings, but suggesting that the first choice 11 can't compete with the likes of Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley, Stoke, WBA, Palace and a like, is just over the top drama queen nonsense.

It was a team who found it hard taking games to teams. This season most of our home games will be similar to our good away form which involved sitting back and hitting teams on the break. I think we'll be more than fine. This is Rafa's bread and butter.

I think I've spotted the flaw in your reasoning there.

i think we'll be fairly comfortable next season personally

:thup: The lower two thirds of the PL are massively overrated on here.

don't get me wrong lose gayle for the majority of the season it'll be hard but i still think we've got a good chance of a spread of goals through the squad now to make up for it

get another striker in* and i think it'll be a good, enjoyable season

*plus more hopefully obvs

Guest firetotheworks

Watching the same players last season, I guess.

:thup: It's unbelievable this, like.

If anyone calls me a pessimistic bastard this season, I'll be pointing right back to this thread. That team last season won promotion with ease last season, the one game we had against top flight opposition ended in a penalty shootout defeat in a away game we dominated for the majority of. Do you honestly think that this team is way worse than the team that were relegated by a point, when managed by Steve bloody McClaren ?

No one is questioning the need to make more signings, but suggesting that the first choice 11 can't compete with the likes of Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley, Stoke, WBA, Palace and a like, is just over the top drama queen nonsense.

Huge amounts of straw man stuff in there that nobody said, mind.

We were promoted with relative ease but it wasn't exactly as comprehensive as you're making out. It wasn't '92/'93 or '09/'10. Winning the Championship isn't at all a yardstick for remaining in the Premier League either, and the Premier League team you mention are now a Championship team, so again I don't think that's a good measure.

Getting back to the original point though. Rafa wants/needs new additions. What you or I think of the quality of the squad isn't really important. Rafa has said time and time again that additions are needed. That's the crux of the problem, not our differing opinions on the quality of the squad. If we don't improve the squad then Rafa can't do what he wants to do. If he was promised additions and doesn't get them, there's an increased risk of him walking sooner or later.

Guest firetotheworks

Well then you don't get it. It's just been explained like, but apparently that's bullshit despite literally our last signing coming straight after he last aired his discontent. Coincidence maybe, but he's experienced enough to know the effect of doing so.

Come on man... Rafa made some comments and within 6 hours we'd pretty much signed two players. I do not believe for a second that his comments had anything to do with it though. Those deals would have to have been 99% done.

I'd personally prefer he kept internal problems internal, yeah. Same as in my job... we don't tell the customers when we have internal disagreements.

Only just read this bit now and honestly can't believe that you'd use that example as a fan. Football fans may be being treated like customers, but I didn't expect a fan to reference it like that as if there's any comparison from how we approach things. From my perspective we're fans, from the perspective of scum like Ashley, we're customers.  Rafa knows there's a difference, f*** PR and how it looks, his honesty is one of the reasons why he's loved. He's not like Pardew and McLaren who'll trot out the party lines.

I'm not saying he should "trot out party lines". I just think it's tiresome listening to him and the same sources bang on about how he's unhappy week after week. It means that you're constantly waiting for him to leave. It's not remotely enjoyable, especially if he actually has no intention of leaving (as appears to be the case after the latest round of quotes).

I'd personally prefer that he just got on with the job if he's happy to work within the constraints and work with the players he has, or just leave if he's not. Constantly appearing unhappy just leads to bad morale, which must surely trickle down to the players, especially those that he has managed to buy (it makes it appear, in my opinion, that he isn't happy with them).

And I'm fully aware of what the difference between being a fan and a customer is... but truth is we're both, and I still wouldn't expect to know the ins and outs of the conversations that take place behind closed doors. Why should we? That's a bizarre argument to me. I've NEVER EVER in 25 years of supporting NUFC remembered a time when I'd expect to know about internal issues.

Everyone knows Ashley is a bellend. Everyone knows that Rafa will never get everything he's been promised / hopes he can get. Sadly, that's just the way it is and it won't change until Ashley buggers off. Rafa must surely know all of that. So yes, I'll reiterate, I'd prefer him just to get on with the job.

Fucking hell, I don't even know where to start with this. Better just to say that we have profoundly different ideas about what a football club is and what it represents.

don't get me wrong lose gayle for the majority of the season it'll be hard but i still think we've got a good chance of a spread of goals through the squad now to make up for it

Yes, I've been saying this for some time now, if we get a quality striker in then we'll be fine. But getting that striker is going to be the most difficult and expensive signing yet. I'd be lying if I thought we were likely going to land one. Relying on Perez and Mitrovic if Gayle is out for any length of time really scares me.

Yes, I've been saying this for some time now, if we get a quality striker in then we'll be fine. But getting that striker is going to be the most difficult and expensive signing yet. I'd be lying if I thought we were likely going to land one. Relying on Perez and Mitrovic if Gayle is out for any length of time really scares me.

...and so it should.

I'm absolutely fine with Rafa airing his dirty laundry in public. If any members of the squad feel it will affect their morale, they are welcome to f*** off.

I agree with what HT is saying/don't see it as controversial. But I don't personally think what Rafa has said counts as airing dirty washing/threatening to walk (word's beginning to grate on me...). How others have interpreted it is the issue. I accept that he needs to be conscious of how his words may be interpreted but the quotes/clips in full (not stopped at the most controversial sentence) always seem to include a bit of balance/perspective re the context/situation and often a sense of a collective we/the club working to do what we can.

Guest firetotheworks

Well then you don't get it. It's just been explained like, but apparently that's bullshit despite literally our last signing coming straight after he last aired his discontent. Coincidence maybe, but he's experienced enough to know the effect of doing so.

Come on man... Rafa made some comments and within 6 hours we'd pretty much signed two players. I do not believe for a second that his comments had anything to do with it though. Those deals would have to have been 99% done.

I'd personally prefer he kept internal problems internal, yeah. Same as in my job... we don't tell the customers when we have internal disagreements.

Only just read this bit now and honestly can't believe that you'd use that example as a fan. Football fans may be being treated like customers, but I didn't expect a fan to reference it like that as if there's any comparison from how we approach things. From my perspective we're fans, from the perspective of scum like Ashley, we're customers.  Rafa knows there's a difference, f*** PR and how it looks, his honesty is one of the reasons why he's loved. He's not like Pardew and McLaren who'll trot out the party lines.

I'm not saying he should "trot out party lines". I just think it's tiresome listening to him and the same sources bang on about how he's unhappy week after week. It means that you're constantly waiting for him to leave. It's not remotely enjoyable, especially if he actually has no intention of leaving (as appears to be the case after the latest round of quotes).

I'd personally prefer that he just got on with the job if he's happy to work within the constraints and work with the players he has, or just leave if he's not. Constantly appearing unhappy just leads to bad morale, which must surely trickle down to the players, especially those that he has managed to buy (it makes it appear, in my opinion, that he isn't happy with them).

And I'm fully aware of what the difference between being a fan and a customer is... but truth is we're both, and I still wouldn't expect to know the ins and outs of the conversations that take place behind closed doors. Why should we? That's a bizarre argument to me. I've NEVER EVER in 25 years of supporting NUFC remembered a time when I'd expect to know about internal issues.

Everyone knows Ashley is a bellend. Everyone knows that Rafa will never get everything he's been promised / hopes he can get. Sadly, that's just the way it is and it won't change until Ashley buggers off. Rafa must surely know all of that. So yes, I'll reiterate, I'd prefer him just to get on with the job.

f***ing hell, I don't even know where to start with this. Better just to say that we have profoundly different ideas about what a football club is and what it represents.

You think you have the right to know the ins and outs of the internal problems at the club? Why would you really want to?

What I'm saying really isn't rocket science like... If he's not going to quit (which he clearly isn't at the minute), I'd rather he fought those battles behind closed doors and didn't wash his dirty laundry in public. I don't think it helps the situation, and certainly doesn't help morale. I'm confused how that could be such a controversial opinion.

I'm not saying that I don't understand what you're saying, I'm saying that I disagree with what you're saying.

The manager having been lied to about what he has available to him is something I'd want to know and no, I don't think I have the right to know the ins and outs of the football club, but I do appreciate it when someone is honest with us about important issues that affect us.

I'm absolutely fine with Rafa airing his dirty laundry in public. If any members of the squad feel it will affect their morale, they are welcome to f*** off.

So you're happy that he's basically said in public that some of the signings we've made weren't first choice and he's not been able to get the quality he wants. Surely that must lower morale. Surely.

Come on fellas... everyone laid into Moyes last year when he complained about transfers and said that they'd be in a relegation battle. I'm not saying Rafa has gone that far, but what he's been saying over the last few days isn't exactly a million miles away from it.

Quite simply I trust Rafa when it comes to building team identity and morale. I think the better players will absolutely respect his integrity and efforts to raise standards so I think your fears are unfounded.

Guest firetotheworks

So you're happy that he's basically said in public that some of the signings we've made weren't first choice and he's not been able to get the quality he wants. Surely that must lower morale. Surely.

Come on fellas... everyone laid into Moyes last year when he complained about transfers and said that they'd be in a relegation battle. I'm not saying Rafa has gone that far, but what he's been saying over the last few days isn't exactly a million miles away from it.

I didn't. [emoji38] I agreed with Moyes, and he was right, their squad was atrocious.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell, I don't even know where to start with this. Better just to say that we have profoundly different ideas about what a football club is and what it represents.

You think you have the right to know the ins and outs of the internal problems at the club? Why would you really want to?

What I'm saying really isn't rocket science like... If he's not going to quit (which he clearly isn't at the minute), I'd rather he fought those battles behind closed doors and didn't wash his dirty laundry in public. I don't think it helps the situation, and certainly doesn't help morale. I'm confused how that could be such a controversial opinion.

I'm not saying that I don't understand what you're saying, I'm saying that I disagree with what you're saying.

<b>The manager having been lied to about what he has available to him is something I'd want to know and no, I don't think I have the right to know the ins and outs of the football club, but I do appreciate it when someone is honest with us about important issues that affect us.</b>

Once maybe. All summer long is grating, tiring, and only results in continuous Facebook/Twitter/forum meltdowns.

Have you asked yourself why he might be doing it?

The concern shouldn't be that he's on the verge of quitting. He's not (& can't). But consecutive windows (so far) have been deflating.

Why not?

Edit:

He 'can't' quit because under terms of his contract clubs would have to pay NUFC hefty compensation whether he was still employed or not.

Guest firetotheworks

<b>The manager having been lied to about what he has available to him is something I'd want to know and no, I don't think I have the right to know the ins and outs of the football club, but I do appreciate it when someone is honest with us about important issues that affect us.</b>

Once maybe. All summer long is grating, tiring, and only results in continuous Facebook/Twitter/forum meltdowns.

Have you asked yourself why he might be doing it?

It's clear as day why he's doing it to me, but I don't think it's achieving anything.

Well not saying anything certainly isn't either. Either way, we'll see.