Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

Really hope the announcer makes a big deal about Rafa coming out the tunnel tomorrow, get the crowd going.

To Hot Chocolate's 'It Started With a Kiss'...

In respect to the recently departed Errol Brown, RIP. No other reason. Nope.

:lol:

People being a bit harsh on Wallsendmag IMO. We've been absolutely wank in this fixture for years, literally.

I'm hopeful we'll be better this time but there's no point ignoring the results.

My post might have come off harsh but i think there's every point in ignoring the results come kick off.

Really hope the announcer makes a big deal about Rafa coming out the tunnel tomorrow, get the crowd going.

Sea lion quiz might be an idea also.

He's rejected an 'unveiling' on the pitch like so maybe not. I think he should pop out of a massive cake in the centre circle a minute before kick off.

I think Rafa will have an effect and we will be more far more competitive but for some reason I just can't see past us losing again, they obviously have the massive psychological advantage in this fixture and a lot of our players are bottlers to say the least.

No to mention it seems to mean more to Sunderland and their players as every derby is literally their World cup final.

Really hope I;m wrong.

0-2 loss for me.

Can't see us not conceding (or Defoe/Borini not scoring) and unless there is a huge and miraculous improvement upfront, we can't score. 

Rafa would be the perfect answer longer term but he is working with a gutless and mercenary pile of shite and even his ability ain't gonna be enough imo.

rafa really has to calm them down.

they always look nervous as f***. he needs to avoid the "must win game" scenario as I think the players will s*** themselves.

dare I say he needs to tell them its about the performance and we still have games to win after the derby.

I think the less wound he gets them, the better we'll do.

0-2 loss for me.

Can't see us not conceding (or Defoe/Borini not scoring) and unless there is a huge and miraculous improvement upfront, we can't score. 

Rafa would be the perfect answer longer term but he is working with a gutless and mercenary pile of s**** and even his ability ain't gonna be enough imo.

Leicester have scored 18 more goals than the mackems and it took a spectacular overhead kick to get a goal at leicester.

We need an early goal, everyone knows this and I expect Fat Sam is planning on making the first 20 minutes truly awful and hope the nerves kick in from the crowd and players. Sissoko needs to turn up and Gini has got to disrupt their defensive shape.

Rafa will need to spend most of the game in the technical area keeping the players at it. This game has echoes of the Play Off game, there is an expectation for us to win simply because we are at home and we have Rafa however, Sunderland are in better form and have the players who can hurt us. Hopefully Defoe and Borini both have unfortunate accidents in the next 24 hours.

We need an early goal, everyone knows this and I expect Fat Sam is planning on making the first 20 minutes truly awful and hope the nerves kick in from the crowd and players. Sissoko needs to turn up and Gini has got to disrupt their defensive shape.

Rafa will need to spend most of the game in the technical area keeping the players at it. This game has echoes of the Play Off game, there is an expectation for us to win simply because we are at home and we have Rafa however, Sunderland are in better form and have the players who can hurt us. Hopefully Defoe and Borini both have unfortunate accidents in the next 24 hours.

We don't need an early goal at all although it would be nice, we need one more goal than them and I don't care if it comes in the 100th minute.  I think the only way the crowd becomes nervous is if they are all over us and that is not likely.

As for the mackem form, their away from is not better than our home form and our last home performance was entirely down to the manager losing the dressing room as they simply were not playing for him.

Guest reefatoon

So much negativity and expecting a defeat around for my liking. Come on fella's, it's the first time in donkeys years we have actually had a real top drawer manager who can come in and do something. We all keep saying this team can't be as bad as it looks, this player has been Pardewed that player has been Pardewed,  we all wondered what we might look like under a real boss. Well we have one now, and a f***ing great one at that. If anyone can lift these f***ers it's  Rafa. We should all be buzzing and going into this game against a f***ing w*** team full of confidence, and expecting a victory. Now no more misery folks, it's going to be a victory and a f***ing cracker weekend, three points guaranteed, out the bottom three and not back in it from there on in. Mark my words.

On a side note, I have had a slipped disc and tonsilitis and been on codeine all week, which has had me off my tits. So if you can't  cheer your faces up then I highly recommend you get some. Buzzing for tomorrow I tells ya.

Guest reefatoon

Nerves already kicking in, wish this was at lunchtime today rather than tomorrow to get it over and done with.

I feel physically sick.

There is no need, Rafa has got this.

Nerves already kicking in, wish this was at lunchtime today rather than tomorrow to get it over and done with.

I feel physically sick.

There is no need, Rafa has got this.

Rafa will have them ready. The ground will be rocking and we'll finally make that club sit the fuck down.

People do seem to be painting Defoe as some sort of latter day Van Basten who is bound to score (probably will now I've said this).  Of his 11 league goals, 6 were against Swansea and Villa.

Was thinking the same :lol: 11 goals isn't great anyway.

People do seem to be painting Defoe as some sort of latter day Van Basten who is bound to score (probably will now I've said this).  Of his 11 league goals, 6 were against Swansea and Villa.

So he scores most of his goals against the other teams at the bottom of the league? Nowt for us to worry about then.

Guest reefatoon

I beat the Mackems 9-0 in FIFA 12 last night.

See, this is the kind up uplifting feel good stories we need. Well done bonny lad, good on you.