Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

Mackems playing in green. Didnt they use red and white last season?

edit: ah it's cause both home kits have black socks

Is it not because when we both wear stripes it's horrific to watch on tv? Usually just swap mis matching socks

Guest Roger Kint

Mackems playing in green. Didnt they use red and white last season?

edit: ah it's cause both home kits have black socks

Is it not because when we both wear stripes it's horrific to watch on tv? Usually just swap mis matching socks

The reason its horrific to watch has nowt to do with the strips mind :lol:

f*** me this game is important. Wouldn't have been too disappointed with a draw before today but Norwich winning makes a win a much more urgent requirement...

Nah we needed a win regardless, a draw would have done nothing and likely sent us down because we need to take advantage of these head to head matchups.

If we draw with them & beat Norwich. Anything less than a win for them at West Brom, will have us & Norwich on 28 points & them on 26/27.

We really have to beat Norwich to keep them in it obviously.

With below premiership-average individual defenders, pretty solid defensive performance against the probable champions. New manager bounce. The atmosphere will be electric (judicious use of paedophile chants please and thank you very much). You know what? We might just turn-up, turn it on, and win this. Gini to do a Norwich. Mitro to get the rub of the green. Sissoko to remember the world is watching. Townsend to find his flow. Perez to find the space their defence often leaves their opponents. Our own dearly beloved ex-macnamara ninja, to be infused with the derby spirit of Shola, Makem slayer extraordinaire, and mimic his sushing goal celebration for them (tosspot). John McCririck to stop scripting my posts... Any of the above please. Let us respectfully, but thoroughly, do them and their hippo-heeded would-be saviour. Rather have FSA in a relegation fight? Let's see.

Genuinely dont think I've been this nervous about a game of football before ever !!!! Usually with this fixture I always get a bit excited at the thought of going on an all day rip, and at the possibility of us getting a result... But I am genuinely shiteing meself over this game tomorrow