Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 20th March 2016 at 1:30PM (live on Sky)

Andy84

no win today and we´re down!  :kasper:

I agree with this, would go further and say less than 6 points from the next 2 and we are down

A win today, a draw against Norwich and we're down? I'd bite your arm off for those results.

Yes, because you can't look at those games in isolation. The other teams play each other which will screw us. We need 6 points.

Howay. We'd be one point behind Norwich with a game in hand and seven to play. That's not 'down'.

Quietly confident about today. If Cissé is involved it will be a massive boost.

this game is totally meaningless to the none geordies on that park this afternoon, as they'll have absolutely no passion whatsoever unlike us locals who give a damn

Piss take surely.

this game is totally meaningless to the none geordies on that park this afternoon, as they'll have absolutely no passion whatsoever unlike us locals who give a damn

:thup:

Need 11 Stevie Taylors and Jacky Colbacks out there PASSION

Oh dear god, please don't let us lose again to the sort of club that appoints a fascist for a manager, has a captain thats such a thug he was banned from all the pubs in his home town for 4 years, that has a striker that thinks it's okay to buy his sister lingerie and thinks its acceptable to play a person they knew and had seen evidence of him using his position as a footballer at their club to groom and have sexual activity with a child. still though, apart from all that, I'm sure they're a classy club.

I just don't get how this rabble have become some sort of Gordian Knot for us, some unsolvable problem that's impossible for our players and manager to cope with. Pretty much every other team in the land sees them for what they are, and treats them as such. They're only still in this league through the good grace of freak results, fortunate officiating and beach balls. And of course the obligatory 6 points gift wrapped from NE1 every year.

Play the game, not the occasion. If Rafa can bring his A-game against hippo-heeds neanderthal tactics, then its no contest. Pardew, McClaren and Carver are three of the worst managers/coaches I've had the misfortune to witness. Now they're out of the picture, and we have a (no hyperbole) world-class replacement, then surely the tide has turned. HTL.

I just don't get how this rabble have become some sort of Gordian Knot for us, some unsolvable problem that's impossible for our players and manager to cope with. Pretty much every other team in the land sees them for what they are, and treats them as such. They're only still in this league through the good grace of freak results, fortunate officiating and beach balls. And of course the obligatory 6 points gift wrapped from NE1 every year.

Play the game, not the occasion. If Rafa can bring his A-game against hippo-heeds neanderthal tactics, then its no contest. Pardew, McClaren and Carver are three of the worst managers/coaches I've had the misfortune to witness. Now they're out of the picture, and we have a (no hyperbole) world-class replacement, then surely the tide has turned. HTL.

Rip the character out of a club and it's players - and it's inevitable.