Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Absolutely stole that. Take it and run, we deserved nothing, but at least it wasn't another thrashing...mainly thanks to Elliot tbh.

We didn't like . Point was the fair result.

SDJ actually seemed to get things going in our favour when he came on.

I really like him, he's like the polar opposite of Sissoko. Doesn't have athletic prowess but stays a step ahead of everyone of the pitch through footballing intelligence.

Also, just not having a massive weakness at left back confused Sunderland so much they couldn't get out of their half.

Not good enough. Only two positives: stopped them winning, stopped the losing sequence.

Give over, there was only 1 team in it in the 2nd half, more than deserved a point and deserved the win.

We needed to win.

My gut feeling is we don't have the balance or the quality to stay up on that performance. The 2nd half was better but just little in terms of quality going forward. I don't think you can realistically play those two centre midfielders together you need some sort of defensive player in there.

Perez was a minor plus point moving out to the left.

I think Sunderland might actually stay up as well.

Guest Gino14

There's so much to put right. The one refreshing thing was that Benitez had all the subs on in decent time and we seemed to be going for it. It's a real change to have a manager that actually seems to look at the game and change things for the better.

Not good enough. Only two positives: stopped them winning, stopped the losing sequence.

Four for me, everyone who said Mitrovic is crap are wrong, everyone who said Wijnaldum is crap were wrong.

Strong second half mind, same at Leicester. Still think we'll be safe as we're only going to get better.

Thought the ref was a cunt. Defenders can hold and push forwards as much as they like but a forward stands up for himself and its a foul.

huge point. Sunderland were the better team all over the park, but we stuck at it.. we'd have been beaten by a few goals of McFuck was still in charge. If they had won we were down, simple as.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Full-time, Mitro still trying to get on. Hilarious ending.

Draw more from luck than design. Primarily feel relief, the progress is understandably incremental. Hated Mitro's guts before that last 15 minutes.

Deprived Sunderland of their easy points at least.

Colback - 0

Wijnaldum - anonymous coward bar the assist. Twat.

Benitez - please bring back the real Tiote. Respect Benitez tremendously for actually having the nous to hook Colback before he did further damage. Easy for us fans who hate him, but every manager we seem to have had since Hughton would have left him on. More defensive discipline required and shooting practice. A lot of shooting practice. And a brain transplant for Townsend.

Now we're free of him for two games :sweetjesus:

Finally, sunderland... what an utterly hopeless club. Cheating, Cattermole-playing, paedo-harbouring, time-wasting prats. They could win 100 games in a row, and still be NUFC's lesser - even with Ashley.

SDJ actually seemed to get things going in our favour when he came on.

I really like him, he's like the polar opposite of Sissoko. Doesn't have athletic prowess but stays a step ahead of everyone of the pitch through footballing intelligence.

Also, just not having a massive weakness at left back confused Sunderland so much they couldn't get out of their half.

He's like a Sheringham who can't finish.

It's too little too late unfortunately. The very definition of it. Out of our hands now. We just have to pick up points. Somehow.

Pressure was all on us today. Any other league position higher and its a good result all factors considered. We have a stay of execution  but it's likely only another 8 games before relegation.