Championship Planning

Tiresias

Are people really expecting Perez to still be here if we get relegated? :lol:

Only midfielders/forwards I could see staying is Colback and Townsend. Sissoko, Gini, Shelvey, Perez, SDJ, Cisse, Saivet and probably Mitro will all be long gone.

I think people are overestimating how much squad turnover there'd actually be. None of Hull, Burnley, and QPR sold many players after last season. They all did allow quite a few to walk on free transfers, but they've also retained a lot of their players from 2014-15.

Are people really expecting Perez to still be here if we get relegated? :lol:

Only midfielders/forwards I could see staying is Colback and Townsend. Sissoko, Gini, Shelvey, Perez, SDJ, Cisse, Saivet and probably Mitro will all be long gone.

i think perez will stay tbh.

I think people are overestimating how much squad turnover there'd actually be. None of Hull, Burnley, and QPR sold many players last season. They all did allow quite a few to walk on free transfers, but the cores of their squads have remained relatively unchanged from last season.

None of those clubs had the same amount of mercenaries as us though. We've been sold to all of them as a stepping stone. Even QPR had the old 'London Airports' excuse.

I think people are overestimating how much squad turnover there'd actually be. None of Hull, Burnley, and QPR sold many players last season. They all did allow quite a few to walk on free transfers, but the cores of their squads have remained relatively unchanged from last season.

None of those clubs had the same amount of mercenaries as us though. We've been sold to all of them as a stepping stone. Even QPR had the old 'London Airports' excuse.

It is a two-way street though, in that someone has to be willing to take these players at a price Ashley finds reasonable.

I agree mind, I think we'll see a massive player turnover. Make a list and make the criteria 'out of contract and/or dont give a fuck', you'll be surprised how many there is.

One thing you would hope is that many of the happy clappers will desert the club, this summer. Championship football isn't really that attractive a prospect to them. People need to stay away and starve Ashley of funds, because matchday revenue will become all the more important to him (assuming he doesn't sell up in the summer)

does anyone know the headline figures?

such as what we get if we go down,cost to run the club, championship income etc?

you'd get a far better idea of whether we'll keep rafa (i know, i know) or who we'll replace him with once this is known, because the whole thing will be a cost exercise.

I think people are overestimating how much squad turnover there'd actually be. None of Hull, Burnley, and QPR sold many players after last season. They all did allow quite a few to walk on free transfers, but they've also retained a lot of their players from 2014-15.

I think we should have a major squad turnover as they're all fucking shit

Thauvin shipped out to prepare for next season because he would not feature in a McClaren side.

Will be returning and playing for us next season.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/04/01/thauvin-reveals-newcastle-plans-criticizes-mcclaren/

OOC players below

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/newcastle-united/vertragsende/verein/762

Sammy

Vuckik

Aarons

Taylor

Marveax

Mbabu

Woodman

Obertan

All 2016

Worryingly we dont have an academy that has anything promising coming through like Carroll, and forgive me for this but Nile Ranger was useful at times down there.

Out of the Newly signed players I only see Mitrovic possibly staying based on him supporting us as lad.

I think if we could build a solid back four we would find it fairly easy to return with the forwards in the championship not really such a threat, you get the odd one or two who start on fire then are whipped up by a premier club in either window.

Mitrovic and Armstrong could be a great combo, Id look to nab a few Leicester players too, as if/should they win the league they will no doubt buy plenty of new so called bigger named players for the new season and champions league, we could benefit from some of their fringe players, <<<<< it's hard to believe I'm even typing that bit, I never thought we might need Leicester city's fringe players.

That list is wrong. Not all those players are out of contract in the Summer. Use the one on Nufc.com for player contracts.

It's not wrong, the nufc.com has question marks as they are not sure.

most of that is accurate. Point out who's wrong and I'll find out if I can.

Guest Howaythetoon

NUFC and planning? :lol:

We will promote Cathro or Colocini in the hope they do a Hughton and by Feb when we are outside of the play-off places they will look towards former Geordie legend Beardsley or Ossie fucking Ardiles.

Thauvin shipped out to prepare for next season because he would not feature in a McClaren side.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/04/01/thauvin-reveals-newcastle-plans-criticizes-mcclaren/

OOC players below

Sammy

Vuckik

Aarons

Taylor

Marveax

Mbabu

Woodman

Obertan

All 2016

Worryingly we dont have an academy that has anything promising coming through like Carroll, and forgive me for this but Nile Ranger was useful at times down there.

Out of the Newly signed players I only see Mitrovic possibly staying based on him supporting us as lad.

I think if we could build a solid back four we would find it fairly easy to return with the forwards in the championship not really such a threat, you get the odd one or two who start on fire then are whipped up by a premier club in either window.

Mitrovic and Armstrong could be a great combo, Id look to nab a few Leicester players too, as if/should they win the league they will no doubt buy plenty of new so called bigger named players for the new season and champions league, we could benefit from some of their fringe players, <<<<< it's hard to believe I'm even typing that bit, I never thought we might need Leicester city's fringe players.

That list is wrong. Not all those players are out of contract in the Summer. Use the one on Nufc.com for player contracts.

didn't sammy sign a 2 year extension? I may be wrong there mind.

I think we should have a major squad turnover as they're all f***ing s***

Yip, we need to get rid rather than retain majority of our players and never go down this route again. The togetherness we had when promoted was destroyed by the cunts running this club and Pardew, Carver and McLaren ruined and kind of players we had.

One thing you would hope is that many of the happy clappers will desert the club, this summer. Championship football isn't really that attractive a prospect to them. People need to stay away and starve Ashley of funds, because matchday revenue will become all the more important to him (assuming he doesn't sell up in the summer)

That's what I've been saying all along. The best chance to fuck the fat twat over is by simply not going. When his asset is haemorrhaging money and he doesn't bounce back at the first attempt, will he take the first reasonable offer on the table.  The offer might come from Shepard though. :lol:

does anyone know the headline figures?

such as what we get if we go down,cost to run the club, championship income etc?

you'd get a far better idea of whether we'll keep rafa (i know, i know) or who we'll replace him with once this is known, because the whole thing will be a cost exercise.

club revenue in the championship last time was £52m, parachute payments have gone up though since but we're still looking at income maybe cut in half

That's what I've been saying all along. The best chance to fuck the fat twat over is by simply not going. When his asset is haemorrhaging money and he doesn't bounce back at the first attempt, will he take the first reasonable offer on the table.  The offer might come from Shepard though. :lol:

there won't be a reasonable offer though if the club is haemorrhaging money and no one is watching, the only way the club is getting sold is in the prem

there won't be a reasonable offer though if the club is haemorrhaging money and no one is watching, the only way the club is getting sold is in the prem

The perfect time to get it cheaper. He would never sell it for what he wants in the prem anyway.

Exactly, every September I find myself surprised at which players are still at those relegated clubs. Last time, we kept Coloccini, Enrique and Gutierrez. A lot of our players' reputations have taken a hit by going down and will struggle to find a buyer.

So we're naturally going to keep 2 or 3 of our bigger players - I'm hoping for Mitrovic, Shelvey and Mbemba. Add to that the likes of Anita and Riviere (who we won't be able to give away) and those of Championship quality like Colback, Dummett and Lascelles. Not a bad base for that level. But it should never have come to this.

There'll always be a potential owner for us IMO.

This club has so much potential; as proved by Rafa's arrival.

Exactly, every September I find myself surprised at which players are still at those relegated clubs. Last time, we kept Coloccini, Enrique and Gutierrez. A lot of our players' reputations have taken a hit by going down and will struggle to find a buyer.

So we're naturally going to keep 2 or 3 of our bigger players - I'm hoping for Mitrovic, Shelvey and Mbemba. Add to that the likes of Anita and Riviere (who we won't be able to give away) and those of Championship quality like Colback, Dummett and Lascelles. Not a bad base for that level. But it should never have come to this.

Keep saying this to myself. The one time Ashley says he's to blame, change is needed, we will win something, he spends cash.

What do they do, appoint Steve McClaren to steer the ship.

He still is hugely at fault here, and more at fault, them above him for failing to fire him before January.

It's all a shambles.

Ashley isn't going to do a fire sale so unless another club offers close to what we paid for the likes of Mitrovic, Townsend, Shelvey, etc they won't be leaving.

We'll need to loan as many decent players as possible from the likes of Chelsea to pad out the squad.

Imagine having at least 2 players for each position for once. 2 right backs!

Also, considering we need leaders like Nolan and Barton - I'd try to bring in Carrick for free.

think they will if we are in this league, no doubt.

he'll have better offers otherwise imo.

OOC players below

Sammy

Vuckik

Aarons

Taylor

Marveax

Mbabu

Woodman

Obertan

All 2016

http://www.nufc.com/2015-16html/squad.html

Samuel Ameobi 06.2017

Haris Vučkić 06.2017

Both got a 1 year contract extension before they were loaned out (who knows why).

Also, considering we need leaders like Nolan and Barton - I'd try to bring in Carrick for free.

Carrick is usually injured isn't he? Not what we need.