Championship Planning

Tiresias

We should probably snap-up Quique Sánchez Flores the second he's available.

O0

That is a very good shout.

if Watford are stupid enough to get rid then we should be definitely interested imo. Far too sensible for the blithering idiots in charge though.

We should probably snap-up Martinez the second he's available.

Why? Massively overrated, and a terrible record at Wigan and Everton.

He won a cup with Wigan. And FSS, they're Wigan. We're not.

Everton has been patchy, for sure. But, you can make a case for him:

- He's managed in the lower leagues, so he knows what it takes.

- He actually has a football identity. He knows how he wants to play, even if it doesn't always work out. He's trying to implement a system, not just field the best 11 and hope for the best.

- He works with younger players and isn't afraid to get them on the pitch. With the state of our squad/recruitment we could certainly use some of that.

- His ridiculously positive attitude might actually help in turning around our team of bottlers.

He wouldn't be my first choice. But he's got some selling points and I think he'd be up for it.

- He actually has a football identity. He knows how he wants to play, even if it doesn't always work out. He's trying to implement a system, not just field the best 11 and hope for the best.

- He works with younger players and isn't afraid to get them on the pitch. With the state of our squad/recruitment we could certainly use some of that.

- His ridiculously positive attitude might actually help in turning around our team of bottlers.

He wouldn't be my first choice. But he's got some selling points and I think he'd be up for it.

The cup win means nowt, McClaren won a cup for boro, Pardew could win it with Palace. His Wigan side were consistently terrible, pretty much 4th bottom year after year, yes they are only Wigan but Steve Bruce had them top half.

His teams have no idea how to defend and are pretty shocking going forward. Just look what he has done with Evertons most talented squad for years.

Keep well away.

The cup win means nowt, McClaren won a cup for boro, Pardew could win it with Palace. His Wigan side were consistently terrible, pretty much 4th bottom year after year, yes they are only Wigan but Steve Bruce had them top half.

His teams have no idea how to defend and are pretty shocking going forward. Just look what he has done with Evertons most talented squad for years.

Keep well away.

Can't escape the fact that regardless of his recent history he'd still be the better manager on paper than most of our previous managers post-Robson.

Speaking of Wigan, we'll be meeting them in the league again next season.  Haidara is having nightmares already

At least that jammy cunt McManaman doesn't play there anymore.

Speaking of Wigan, we'll be meeting them in the league again next season.  Haidara is having nightmares already

Really no need for him to be stressed. He will be out injured by the time that match comes anyway.

Part of me thinks we should get rid of virtually everyone, part of me thinks a lot of the players we have will be too good for the Championship and they don't deserve moves away.

I'd keep Darlow, Mbabu, Lascelles, Mbemba, Townsend, Aarons, Mitro, Perez, Armstrong, Toney. I'd also keep Wijnaldum as he's far too good for the Championship and doesn't deserve to just have an easy exit.

Part of me thinks we should get rid of virtually everyone, part of me thinks a lot of the players we have will be too good for the Championship and they don't deserve moves away.

I'd keep Darlow, Mbabu, Lascelles, Mbemba, Townsend, Aarons, Mitro, Perez, Armstrong, Toney. I'd also keep Wijnaldum as he's far too good for the Championship and doesn't deserve to just have an easy exit.

The team should be gutted except for back 5 and Armstrong. A proper team needs to be built from scratch in midfield and up front.

Wonder how much we'll make in sales, we've got some players that others will buy based on name alone and the right age, with all the money floating around for the PL clubs, we might not have too hard a time selling some of our crap. Is there really all that much we'll miss, Krul is always injured and replaceable tbh. Townsend's been great but there won't be a shortage of takers and  we'll easily get our money back. We'll sell Gini based on his time at PSV and the first half of our season, and possibly make a profit. Mitro could be the biggest loss but that's all based on potential and thus far has done very little to make someone want to pay what we'll want for him. Are we really going to miss the likes of Sissoko, Perez and Janmaat, who might all get offers for. Thauvin and Cabella you can already write off as losses, who knows what they'll become or what they could have become under a proper manager like Rafa.

When's all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley recoups his lost TV money from sales and banks on the same immediate bounce bank with zero investment next year, they keep saying Villa have a big job ahead of them but ours could be even tougher.

Next season I basically want

Elliott / Darlow

New RB    Mbemba            Lascaelles    New LB

Townsend    New Mid      New Mid      Perez

Mitrovic        Armstrong

The centre mid is a clusterfuck. Shelvey may do alright in Championship but christ he's not good enough.

I don't want to ever see these again

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

De Jong

Cisse

Taylor

Anita

Tiote

Where there is ability there there is a toxic lack of interest and where there's passion there there's a toxic lack of ability. The players there who have had decent spells or whatever are far too inconsistent.

Wonder how much we'll make in sales, we've got some players that others will buy based on name alone and the right age, with all the money floating around for the PL clubs, we might not have too hard a time selling some of our crap. Is there really all that much we'll miss, Krul is always injured and replaceable tbh. Townsend's been great but there won't be a shortage of takers and  we'll easily get our money back. We'll sell Gini based on his time at PSV and the first half of our season, and possibly make a profit. Mitro could be the biggest loss but that's all based on potential and thus far has done very little to make someone want to pay what we'll want for him. Are we really going to miss the likes of Sissoko, Perez and Janmaat, who might all get offers for. Thauvin and Cabella you can already write off as losses, who knows what they'll become or what they could have become under a proper manager like Rafa.

When's all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley recoups his lost TV money from sales and banks on the same immediate bounce bank with zero investment next year, they keep saying Villa have a big job ahead of them but ours could be even tougher.

Some of our players might interest promoted clubs, if they can afford their wages.

Guest Gomez

The only things about the club that I'd be bothered about losing are the black and white stripes and Rafa, because it'll be decades before we get anyone as good.

Next season I basically want

Elliott / Darlow

New RB    Mbemba            Lascaelles    New LB

Townsend    New Mid      New Mid      Perez

Mitrovic        Armstrong

The centre mid is a clusterfuck. Shelvey may do alright in Championship but christ he's not good enough.

I don't want to ever see these again

Colback

Sissoko

Wijnaldum

De Jong

Cisse

Taylor

Anita

Tiote

Where there is ability there there is a toxic lack of interest and where there's passion there there's a toxic lack of ability. The players there who have had decent spells or whatever are far too inconsistent.

:thup:

Dummett and of course Colback will stay. Massive gaps in defence though. Wonder if we keep Aarons and Mbabu and give them a go. Shelvey and particularly Townsend could well be flogged you'd think.

Darlow

Anita Lascelles Dummett Mbabu

Townsend Colback Shelvey Aarons

Mitro  Armstrong

might have a chance with that shit load.

Well that's me playing on for one more season for my Saturday league side. Most of the Newcastle games won't be Saturday's at 3pm, they'll be TV games Thursday, Friday and other wonderfully messed about nights.

Not going to miss too many games if i play on.

Well that's me playing on for one more season for my Saturday league side. Most of the Newcastle games won't be Saturday's at 3pm, they'll be TV games Thursday, Friday and other wonderfully messed about nights.

Not going to miss too many games if i play on.

Forgot about this. When we were in the Championship last time I don't think I've ever watched as many live Newcastle games (legally :shifty: ) as I did that season. We were on all the time :lol:

Please kick me if I say I'm going to Fulham.

I'll accept that offer, any chance you could expand on it so that I can kick you if you say anything at all?