Championship Planning

Tiresias

Seeing so much 'haha Burton Albion' on social media tonight. 20 years ago this would've been an amazing story.....now premier league sated sofa-ridden sh*thouses are forming a rowdy queue to hold them up as an example of a shitty team and a figure of fun.

Well done Murdoch, you win.

Seeing so much 'haha Burton Albion' on social media tonight. 20 years ago this would've been an amazing story.....now premier league sated sofa-ridden sh*thouses are forming a rowdy queue to hold them up as an example of a shitty team and a figure of fun.

Didn't the same happen last season about Bournemouth coming up ?

There's a few worth keeping and building on. We need to create a spine to this side, an identity that goes beyond this division. Will be glad to see the back of many.

Darlow/Elliot, Lascelles, Townsend and Mitrovic is a decent spine to build around I think. The rest can get fucked.

Possibly...I imagine there were plenty of lols to be had at 'haha Leeds vs Yeovil' and so forth. I get it, how the mighty have fallen etc. But I bet my life savings Burton will bring a lot more than Bolton, Wigan or Fulham ever did here. (caveat - life savings not a great deal).

Its the horrible snobbery that outside of the premier league everything is a funny sideshow to be treat with contempt. If I'm lucky enough to go I'll have a better time at Burton that I ever had at those scabrous soul-free flat-pack middens littering industrial estates in sinkhole cities permanently clogging the 'prem'.

Possibly...I imagine there were plenty of lols to be had at 'haha Leeds vs Yeovil' and so forth. I get it, how the mighty have fallen etc. But I bet my life savings Burton will bring a lot more than Bolton, Wigan or Fulham ever did here. (caveat - life savings not a great deal).

Its the horrible snobbery that outside of the premier league everything is a funny sideshow to be treat with contempt. If I'm lucky enough to go I'll have a better time at Burton that I ever had at those scabrous soul-free flat-pack middens littering industrial estates in sinkhole cities permanently clogging the 'prem'.

Only by the press and a minority of fans.

Possibly...I imagine there were plenty of lols to be had at 'haha Leeds vs Yeovil' and so forth. I get it, how the mighty have fallen etc. But I bet my life savings Burton will bring a lot more than Bolton, Wigan or Fulham ever did here.

They'll bring more than the likes of Aston Villa and Man City as well.

Last time we were relegated, Burton had just won promotion to League Two. And they're just a season removed from that division. Fucking good on them, hope they dick everyone on their way to the Premier League next year.

1. Try to keep Rafa, failing that, don't hire some c*nt like Brewce.

2. Sack Charnley... bring back Mort or someone who knows something

3. Sack Beardsley, I love him, but he is hurting this club and can't do his job.

4. Either hire someone good or scrap the reserves. Maybe KK was onto something there.

5. Either fund (and hire someone good... maybe even move Cathro into managing this) or scrap the academy

Guest ElCid

There's a few worth keeping and building on. We need to create a spine to this side, an identity that goes beyond this division. Will be glad to see the back of many.

Darlow/Elliot, Lascelles, Townsend and Mitrovic is a decent spine to build around I think. The rest can get f***ed.

No way Mitrovic just not good enough and certainly totally unreliable for goals that's for sure - get rid although I think we will be lucky to get more than 4 - 5 million back.

Guest ElCid

Mitro + Armstrong up front.

Look forward to a few year in the championship then cos that's what will happen with those two upfront.

Darlow/Elliot, Lascelles, Townsend and Mitrovic is a decent spine to build around I think. The rest can get f***ed.

No way Mitrovic just not good enough and certainly totally unreliable for goals that's for sure - get rid although I think we will be lucky to get more than 4 - 5 million back.

Someone proven alongside him could work in my opinion, especially in the Championship.

What's the situation nowadays in the football league with Financial Fair Play? Seems like a few teams that have gone down with expensive squads have been burned quite spectacularly.

I'd definitely keep Mbemba, Lascelles, Darlow, Dummett, Colback, Haidara, Mitrovic, Aarons, Armstrong, Townsend.

Should be able to sell Janmaat, Krul, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Tiote, Cisse, Perez, Thauvin, Gouffran for quite a lot of money.

But there's a few who we mightn't be able to get rid of - Anita, Riviere, De Jong, Saivet.

:serious:

Beggars can't be choosers, we're now a Championship team :lol:

there's nothing whatsoever that could convince me keeping colback is a good idea, we could sell him for 5m or something to a PL team and replace with a championship journeyman...we'd be miles better off

Who I'd like to keep (trying to be realistic):

Krul, Elliot or Darlow

Anita

Lascelles

Mbemba

Dummett

Shelvey

Aarons

Townsend

de Jong

Mitrovic

Armstrong

That isn't a 4-4-2, BTW.  Just different positions.  I'd love to keep hold of Perez, too.  But I can't see him staying. 

I think we need 2-3 new centre midfielders.  As Tiote will be off, Saivet hasn't been rated since the minute he signed and that whole deal stinks.  I see Anita as a right back now and I don'tt see him playing centre mid.  You just know we'll be stuck with Colback, though.  Detest that useless little fraud.  Offers absolutely fuck all, but he'll be happy to stay on good wages and no fucker will want him, anyway.  Cheers Pardew.  Another masterstroke.

If we keep Colo.........  :rant:

I'd definitely keep Mbemba, Lascelles, Darlow, Dummett, Colback, Haidara, Mitrovic, Aarons, Armstrong, Townsend.

Should be able to sell Janmaat, Krul, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Tiote, Cisse, Perez, Thauvin, Gouffran for quite a lot of money.

But there's a few who we mightn't be able to get rid of - Anita, Riviere, De Jong, Saivet.

:serious:

Beggars can't be choosers, we're now a Championship team :lol:

there's nothing whatsoever that could convince me keeping colback is a good idea, we could sell him for 5m or something to a PL team and replace with a championship journeyman...we'd be miles better off

Agreed.  To think NE journos used to say he should be in the England squad, when he was playing for the mackems.  He doesn't do anything, apart from pick up yellow cards!  Undersized, slow and weak.  Doesn't have the ability to unlock a defence.  Will never chip in with too many goals.  He's not exactly got a great technique and he doesn't really play a particular role.  Why would anyone want to keep him?! 

He just plays in a non descript role and he's terrible at that.

If Rafa stays he can get rid of anyone he wants and I won't complain. Only a handful of players can claim to have given their all (Elliot, Darlow, Lascelles, Dummett, Mbemba, Anita (when played at right back) and Townsend).

Rafa obviously doesn't rate de Jong as he's only been used for a few minutes as a sub. He's slow and in the 2 seasons he's been here he's been injured more than half the time. Rafa never used Aarons either. I don't know if that's because Rafa prefers to use experienced players or some other reason. Aarons couldn't have done any worse than the other players tried on the left wing.

It's really hard to say what'll happen until we know it Rafa is going to be here or not.

I hope we sort out Aarons's and Mbabu's contract though. Those two could do well in the league then who knows how they'll progress with games. It'd also be nice to see some natural width on both wings assuming we can somehow keep Townsend too.

Scary, and probably already been said, but if Rafa goes, we will probably start next season with the same centre half pairing that started our last Championship season... and that was 7 year ago!

Rafa staying is the only hope I have of a signifigant squad overhaul, and the timewasters/bottlers/fistpumpers being moved on and/or not given new contracts.

It's really hard to say what'll happen until we know it Rafa is going to be here or not.

I hope we sort out Aarons's and Mbabu's contract though. Those two could do well in the league then who knows how they'll progress with games. It'd also be nice to see some natural width on both wings assuming we can somehow keep Townsend too.

Forgot about Mbabu.  Would like him to stay on.