Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 16th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

For some reason I think Rafa will go with 2 up top and bring in one hiding coward for another. Mitro looks so much better with a strike partner, if Ayoze was in form I would say pick him but his regression this season is absolutely insane. At least when we concede, Cisse will be smiling...might cheer us all up a bit.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/04/1433682_Newcastle_United.jpg

2-2, Sigurdsson 91st minute equaliser...and that's being optimistic

For some reason I think Rafa will go with 2 up top and bring in one hiding coward for another. Mitro looks so much better with a strike partner, if Ayoze was in form I would say pick him but his regression this season is absolutely insane. At least when we concede, Cisse will be smiling...might cheer us all up a bit.

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2016/04/1433682_Newcastle_United.jpg

2-2, Sigurdsson 91st minute equaliser...and that's being optimistic

Um Fucking Bongo :-)

Anything other than 3 points in this and we're down.

Swansea are shit, not as shit as us, but they're shit.

They have 13 points from their last 6 games, including victories over Arsenal and Chelsea, we're on a completely different planet of shitness to this lot.

We'll lose this comfortably.

Benitez has only had one game at home so far and that was the draw in the derby, hardly enough to see what we'll be like at home under him.  Swansea's form isn't bad, but we just have to go out and win this or obviously we're 100% gone, no ifs and buts or second chances.  This is the definition of a must win game with no exceptions.

So i janmaat definitely out for this? And Colo? If it's Colback/Anita anywhere near the back four then we are royally fucked. The squad is absolute shit, I don't get why people think its any good.

But how would Janmaat help the situation if fit?, the mans a disaster.

Anything other than Cisse and Mitrovic up top together will be very disappointing.

Mitrovic looks an entirely different animal with a proper striker alongside him and Cisse looks a threat too when they're up there together. They've been on the pitch at the same time for about 70 minutes since Benitez took over. We've scored three goals in that time, all Mitro.

We've managed one goal in about 300 minutes otherwise.

We're not going to be able to put together a slick attacking unit over the next few weeks. Honestly think a simple 4-4-2, two solid banks of four with wingers trying to provide service for the front two, is our only chance getting a few results over the coming weeks.

Agreed.

So I fully expect us to play a 4-2-3-1, with wingers playing on the wrong side.  I know he's trying to keep it tight.  But the back 4 is that bad, that we're always going to concede.  Plus, we create absolutely fuck all going forward and rarely look like scoring.  Not exactly a recipe for success. 

Darlow

Anita      Lascelles    Mbemba      Sissoko

Perez              Tiote/Colback        Townsend

De Jong

Mitrovic              Cisse

Don't really care if the midfield gets overun because no matter who we play there, it still will be demolished. So might as well have the attacking players on and try to outscore the opponents.

So i janmaat definitely out for this? And Colo? If it's Colback/Anita anywhere near the back four then we are royally fucked. The squad is absolute shit, I don't get why people think its any good.

But how would Janmaat help the situation if fit?, the mans a disaster.

Well the alternative is just the same but at least his position is right back. Crowbarring Anita is no better. Like I said the squad is shit so I'm not bothered about the herding cats that's happening. Don't envy Rafas choices.

Where do people summon this optimism :lol:? Genuinely.

This is like me. I'm wondering if they have been watching us for the last two years or are they talking about a different team?

Where do people summon this optimism :lol:? Genuinely.

This is like me. I'm wondering if they have been watching us for the last two years or are they talking about a different team?

What is humanity without hope, even if its fleeting.

Darlow

Sterry      Lascelles    Mbemba    Dummett

Townsend  Shelvey    Tiote        Perez

de Jong

Mitrovic

(Play an actual RB rather than a frigging winger)

Wijnaldum and Sissoko will be all over the teamsheet f*cking place, as usual man.

If the nonces don't get a result at Norwich in the early ko I can see our lot chucking the towel in before a balls been kicked. 9 points from safety, game in hand or no, sends out a pretty clear message.....

Just can't see us winning. Draw at a push, probably score a goal or two but let in silly ones to cost it all.

Despite Rafa being here this lot are fucking shit and their true colours are all out on display.

If we win this, we could actually be in with a slim chance of staying up, looking at the remaining fixtures for the other two craptastic teams. No reason at all why we can't win this or shouldn't expect the players to be capable of beating Swansea at home, but we won't, that's almost certain !

Darlow

Sterry      Lascelles    Mbemba    Dummett

Townsend  Shelvey    Tiote        Perez

de Jong

Mitrovic

(Play an actual RB rather than a frigging winger)

I always thought Sterry was a centre back?