Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

nemtizz

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

You're spot on, but sadly I doubt the part in bold is the view of the majority.

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

Yep. One thing that was so depressing under Pardew was the apathy and acceptance. Remember when that Sheffield United goal went in when we had Roeder? Being in St James's was the most uncomfortable thing in the world, the atmosphere was vile. There were many similar occasions under Souness. Yet we'd get tanked at home to Sunderland and Liverpool under Pardew and there was barely a response.

Bit rich coming from us given that appears we'll still be doing the 17 minute thing every game in 25 years time.

I really don't understand why people have a problem with this, it's for one minute,if anyone doesn't want to do it , fine, don't applaud, I knew John so I applaud for him.

Yep. One thing that was so depressing under Pardew was the apathy and acceptance. Remember when that Sheffield United goal went in when we had Roeder? Being in St James's was the most uncomfortable thing in the world, the atmosphere was vile. There were many similar occasions under Souness. Yet we'd get tanked at home to Sunderland and Liverpool under Pardew and there was barely a response.

Apart from riots in the city centre, a police horse being attacked and over 100 arrested you are correct, there was barely a response.

Apart from riots in the city centre, a police horse being attacked and over 100 arrested you are correct, there was barely a response.

That wasn't against Pardew or the club, that all came from people trying to have a pop at the mackems. And by the third home defeat in a row to them we were used to it.

You're spot on, but sadly I doubt the part in bold is the view of the majority.

No you're right, but the majority on here and the die hards that were driven away by the whole regime will. I hope we stick it to his team tomorrow and I hope that rather than attack him we just sing Rafa's praises for the whole match, show him exactly what we're made of, a noise he'll have never been privy to!

I particularly liked the part about "sending us back to where we belong" even though we've only been outside of the top flight for two years in the PL era, compared to the yo-yo history that Palace have had. Stupid cunt.

Yoyo club's extremely generous given that they've spent 14 of the last 17 seasons outside the top flight.

31 out of the last 42 seasons as well. They're a shit tiny irrelevant little club with a crap ground and fans that used to be mutes to a man before this PR-hungry ultras group got started the last couple of years and everyone started going on like they'd always had great fans.

The 'ultras' group is about two dozen blokes stood right next to the microphones as well. Never heard so much as a peep out of them when we rolled them over there in the Championship.

The 'ultras' group is about two dozen blokes stood right next to the microphones as well. Never heard so much as a peep out of them when we rolled them over there in the Championship.

Aye I was at that match as well, the fans were Fulham-esque. Was embarrassing.