Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

nemtizz

Want to take the missus to this one. Usually sit gallowgate but it's sold out (!) for Pardew's return. There's only Level 7 going. What's the atmosphere like all the way over there?

Was excellent when they had the singing section up there but it's pretty flat now. I was in L7 for the derby and thought the atmosphere was pretty poor up there from both sets of fans. Gallowgate is far better imo.

Want to take the missus to this one. Usually sit gallowgate but it's sold out (!) for Pardew's return. There's only Level 7 going. What's the atmosphere like all the way over there?

Was excellent when they had the singing section up there but it's pretty flat now. I was in L7 for the derby and thought the atmosphere was pretty poor up there from both sets of fans. Gallowgate is far better imo.

My wife and son sit near the halfway line up there. On the odd occasion i've had to use one of the tickets its been surprisingly good.

People who come out with that shit obviously never watched us play under him. Their opinions aren't valid.

Exactly but then proceed to tell me that i'm completely wrong about Pardew despite having to watch the football/hear his bullshit/watch him headbutt players for so long.

I'm wrong, we're wrong....hence wanting to stove their faces in.

Sorry if Giggs

Lawro

Pardew has moved on and so have Newcastle. Their current predicament has nothing to do with him.

Some of their fans might realise now that he was actually a good manager for Newcastle and, subsequently, I think he will get a good reception

Really, f--king really.....thank fuck I have had that explained to me

Sorry if Giggs

Lawro

Pardew has moved on and so have Newcastle. Their current predicament has nothing to do with him.

Some of their fans might realise now that he was actually a good manager for Newcastle and, subsequently, I think he will get a good reception

Really, f--king really.....thank fuck I have had that explained to me

Ah the wonderfully incitful Lawro, what a waste of oxygen that guy is. Personally I've stopped letting the "inside track" bother me, it's clearly a looking out for the lads statement. You'd have to be blind to not notice the run he's on and completely retarded to not realise this downward spiral started with him and was in large part caused by him. Only now we've got a real manager in charge are the roots of recovery being witnessed. Lawro can go suck a dick for all I care.

If we get relegated this season then it's the end result of Pardews reign. Yes we have had an opportunity to get things right but things have been fundamentally wrong at the club because of him. You can blame Ashley's lack of investment amongst these things but Pardew's coaching standards has fucked this club well and truly over. Not only is he himself a shit manager and coach but he surrounded himself by shit coaches just so he could have people there to lick his arse and big him up. McClaren tried to get rid of some, I'm not sure if he managed the job but even when he was here we had reports of the dressing room being so far down that it was almost an impossible task. The fact that it has taken one of the worlds best managers and 18 months following his departure to actually start getting the squad to do the basics says everything about how Pardew fucked this club over. Souness and Dagleish both fucked over 2 great Newcastle teams, but this cunt fucked over the whole club.

Souness did more damage than Pardew from a far better starting position and with far more resources.

Cant disagree with this. Couldn't bring myself to give this cunt the benefit of the doubt for a single second. Even Allardyce got that. Knew exactly which players he would fall out with.

I mean, we were a shitty midtable team when Pardew arrived and a shitty midtable team when Pardew left. Obviously the process in between was not fun at all but nothing much changed.

I totally disagree, the damage done to the club in terms of supporter apathy during that time was absolutely enormous.

I mean, we were a shitty midtable team when Pardew arrived and a shitty midtable team when Pardew left. Obviously the process in between was not fun at all but nothing much changed.

I totally disagree, the damage done to the club in terms of supporter apathy during that time was absolutely enormous.

That's fair I guess. I don't think I actually stopped caring completely until Carver but maybe it was just the culmination of a long process.

Aye. If it hadn't have been Pardew it could have been any dreadful failure of a manager, he was a symptom not the cause of our problems. Souness was far more damaging.

This. The damage (or lack of - just the same shit) done from sporting results were not necessarily the worst thing about Pardew's tenure. The long-term damage he inflicted on the fans psyches is much worse. I use to be a rabid NUFC fan, now, even with Benitez, apathy still clouds my feelings when watching us play.

Aye. If it hadn't have been Pardew it could have been any dreadful failure of a manager, he was a symptom not the cause of our problems. Souness was far more damaging.

You sir are awarded a 1st Class Honours Degree in Mackematics.

There was a reasonable sense of pride around the place before he took over. Just before he left there was nothing but darkness and despair.

Personally I feel when Pardew came in we were a club on the up, looking to the future with an ethos Hughton had instilled in the club in his tenure, Pardew then came in and reaped the reward of that ethos and then slowly changed the clubs attitude from within to one of apathy and lowered expectations, of failed cup runs, and putting the blame on the fans. The issues that surround the club now were there when he took over, but he just heightened them to a shocking degree, and made them 10x more noticeable.

And this whole, we could of had any shit manager argument is true, the problem is, we had a shit manager, one that will probably go down as one of the clubs most hated and worst.

You sir are awarded a 1st Class Honours Degree in Mackematics.

There was a reasonable sense of pride around the place before he took over. Just before he left there was nothing but darkness and despair.

Souness took a Champions League standard team and set it back 10 years, maybe more. Pardew was a rubbish manager, but no more rubbish than Carver, McClaren or anyone else the club would have appointed at that time. I don't blame Pardew for all the ills of the club because I feel the last 5 years would have been the same regardless of which Championship standard manager we appointed. I obviously think he's an arse though.

Nah.

When Pardew took over we were just a few months into our first season back and coping well. We'd signed HBA (admittedly he was injured but had looked brilliant), spanked Villa and the mackems, won 1-0 at Arsenal and had a team that seemed to care.

By the time he'd left we'd lost HBA, had been spanked 6-0 at home, were getting spanked off the mackems and were left with a squad full of disinterested, incapable mercenaries.

No way was it just remaining a shitty midtable team.

Souness took the team backwards hugely those incompetence. Pardew willingly assisted Ashley in maliciously taking the club and everything to do with it backwards to mediocrity as much as possible for self gain. Absolutely massive difference.

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

Nah.

When Pardew took over we were just a few months into our first season back and coping well. We'd signed HBA (admittedly he was injured but had looked brilliant), spanked Villa and the mackems, won 1-0 at Arsenal and had a team that seemed to care.

By the time he'd left we'd lost HBA, had been spanked 6-0 at home, were getting spanked off the mackems and were left with a squad full of disinterested, incapable mercenaries.

No way was it just remaining a shitty midtable team.

Hatem had only had one standout game for us when Pardew got the job, like. Not that it really matters.