Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

nemtizz

I mean, we were a shitty midtable team when Pardew arrived and a shitty midtable team when Pardew left. Obviously the process in between was not fun at all but nothing much changed.

Nah.

When Pardew took over we were just a few months into our first season back and coping well. We'd signed HBA (admittedly he was injured but had looked brilliant), spanked Villa and the mackems, won 1-0 at Arsenal and had a team that seemed to care.

By the time he'd left we'd lost HBA, had been spanked 6-0 at home, were getting spanked off the mackems and were left with a squad full of disinterested, incapable mercenaries.

No way was it just remaining a shitty midtable team.

Hatem had only had one standout game for us when Pardew got the job, like. Not that it really matters.

The point was more that there was a bit of excitement that we'd got him. By the time Pardew left we'd fucked him off.

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

:clap:

I have been just trying to write the exact same message but yours is much more eloquent that my effort.

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

Pardew destroyed my love of the game. I barely watch it at all anymore full stop and don't even care for the most part. You can't put a comparison on that with just purely results. Even when we were relegated it never had that effect, ironically i actually started to enjoy it more strangely and quite frankly i doubt i'll ever get it back.

For that i will always despise him much more than anyone else that has managed this club.

Think that's one of the longest times I've ever nodded. :lol:

Absolutely spot on. Being absolutely barmy about Newcastle United was something that I never thought would waver for me. I take my hatred for Pardew really personally and I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Think that's one of the longest times I've ever nodded. :lol:

Absolutely spot on. Being absolutely barmy about Newcastle United was something that I never thought would waver for me. I take my hatred for Pardew really personally and I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Bleeding Black & White is every Geordie's birthright (even an adopted one like me) but Ashley facilitated by Pardew made us have a mauve transfusion. It's unforgivable and unforgettable and it's heartbreaking to hear supporters not wanting to take the next generation to games because they don't want to taint that love they had and turn them away from NUFC. It's heartbreaking seeing them want to support a Manchester team or a London team because there's been nothing here to support thanks to them. Our only last dying hope is that Rafa can bring some pride, passion and belief back to a beleaguered support and ignite a passion in the next generation.

Ashley was the reason for all that, didn't matter which puppet was in the dug out.

100% it's Ashley's doing, but I can't agree with you that any has-been in the dugout would have been able to facilitate that. It takes a special kind of smarmy, smug, egomaniac with extremely thick skin to do what has been done.

Ashley was the reason for all that, didn't matter which puppet was in the dug out.

Nah it did matter like.  Pardew wasn't just an arse licking obsequious yes man, he was the most unbearable tosser imaginable.  That definitely made things worse, few people could make so many fans want their own club to lose.

I see Allardyce is trying the mind games by implying Palace won't be up for the game because they will have been celebrating all week.

The Palace players won't hear his words - they're too busy celebrating all week.

As much as Ashley is to blame for the state we're in, he didn't ostracise Ben Arfa, play everyone out of position or assault opposing players. Pardew had a squad that should've done much better.

NUFC came out and said they didn't want to qualify for Europe, or have a cup run. What was the manager (Pardew or any other) supposed to do with that?

As much as Ashley is to blame for the state we're in, he didn't ostracise Ben Arfa, play everyone out of position or assault opposing players. Pardew had a squad that should've done much better.

NUFC came out and said they didn't want to qualify for Europe, or have a cup run. What was the manager (Pardew or any other) supposed to do with that?

Do you honestly believe that Pardew wasn't in on that using Europe as an excuse for his terrible form, claiming the squad wasn't capable of competing on more than one front? It was a match made in hell.

The first person to ever say anything about not wanting to qualify for Europe was Pardew, after the Arsenal game at the end of 12-13.

The first person to ever say anything about not wanting to qualify for Europe was Pardew, after the Arsenal game at the end of 12-13.

Let's not forget "Thank God we're not in the Europa League again"  :thup:

As if Pardew didn't have a big part to play in that..

He's given us a lot of things to hate has Pardew, lying during the Jonas case just reinforced my memories of how dodgy a fucker he really is.

Suffering through Carver, McLaren and possibly a relegation will be worth it to have a man the calibre of Rafa Benitez stamp his blueprint on the club.

Lawro reckons we'll win and that Pardew will get a good reception as the crowd will by now realise he was a good manager for us........

I'd rather we just ignored Pardew but he's going to get pelters tomorrow. I just hope that doesn't work against us. I'd much rather we sang Rafa's praises instead.