The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Don't know. Remember when they went down they were on about being the biggest club down here and how they are such a great supported club. Just the 20,000 less than we get though

They said they were the biggest club ever to be relegated from the PL. There's certainly an argument for that, if you look at their History, no one has won as much as Villa have over the years and been relegated out of the PL, but it's a long time since they've been relevant and from a fan base perspective it's not even close between them and us.

Obviously stats don't tell the full story but Brentford had more possession, more shots on and off target and more corners than Villa. That's pretty s***.

According to the posts on the Beeb, Brentford bossed the second half, they are in 7th spot now and may be a bigger threat to us than Villa this season.

Villa's own fans have said they've got the best first 11 in the division on paper, I'm not sure I agree with that but even if it's true the managerial pairing which you would expect to be more than good enough for this level, has started really poorly, it might be a case of a lot of new signings tying to gel and all they need is time, who knows, but if I were a villa fan I would be very worried right now.

Obviously stats don't tell the full story but Brentford had more possession, more shots on and off target and more corners than Villa. That's pretty s***.

According to the posts on the Beeb, Brentford bossed the second half, they are in 7th spot now and may be a bigger threat to us than Villa this season.

Villa's own fans have said they've got the best first 11 in the division on paper, I'm not sure I agree with that but even if it's true the managerial pairing which you would expect to be more than good enough for this level, has started really poorly, it might be a case of a lot of new signings tying to gel and all they need is time, who knows, but if I were a villa fan I would be very worried right now.

;D ;D ;D ;D dear me if they really think that

;D ;D ;D ;D dear me if they really think that

Can't remember where I read it, but there was a number of them saying how good (comparative to this level) their first choice 11 was. They have Ayew, McCormack and that guy who scored today that they paid 18million for, so you can see to a degree where they are coming from, but for me it's a horribly imbalanced side and a paper thin squad, should still be pushing for a playoff spot though, not sitting on 1 win from 7 games.

Just seen the Man City highlights. Disgusting amount of empty seats.

I wonder how it feels though to have a team that has a sustained period of success, obviously the fan base doesn't think these early games are worthy enough of their support in person. I would like to think that wouldn't happen if we were ever in their position but who knows.