Championship 5-1 Champions League

Disco

Now for the misery of waiting.

Yep, get used to that feeling, we all know deep down that Ashley will fuck us off as per usual.

I know it's easier to win meaningless matches, but it does show what this squad is capable of given some proper leadership. Too many of these f***ers were coasting under McClaren.

Said it at the time. This club needs an inspiring figure leading it to unite the fans, players, club and city. McClaren was never that guy good coach or clearly not.

Rafa can get the best out of our players, who have the ability but have been dragged down by a culture spearheaded by Pardew but ultimately permeating from the top.

If Rafa wants to stay which seems apparently possible Ashley will have little choice but to walk with his staff if he can't secure him for next year.

It's a simple decision between potentially coming back up of potentially going down another division.

The club should be crawling across broken glass to keep Rafa, giving him anything he wants.

... I suspect Ashley will still want to play Billy Big Bollocks though and assert himself as the man  :hmm:

This fucking club :lol: Rafa waved at the corner after the first chant of "We want you to stay" if that's in any way relevant.

I joined in on the "2-0 to the Championship" stuff I'm afraid, yolo.

This fucking club :lol: Rafa waved at the corner after the first chant of "We want you to stay" if that's in any way relevant.

I joined in on the "2-0 to the Championship" stuff I'm afraid, yolo.

:lol:

The club should be crawling across broken glass to keep Rafa, giving him anything he wants.

... I suspect Ashley will still want to play Billy Big Bollocks though and assert himself as the man  :hmm:

Yeap. No way he walks away from a situation without feeling he has the upper hand.

Spurs fan on Reddit

If you told me 20 days ago, that from fighting for the title, we would lose 2nd place to Arsenal from a 5-1 defeat by a relegated team with 10 men, I would have probably believed you.

Guest firetotheworks

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be massively pissed off with what's just happened like. :lol:

Don't know whether to be happy, frustrated, angry or hopeful - even by NUFC standards that was extraordinary.

To be happy and cheerful after relegation..... absolutely mental.

Pissed off that certain players turned up today though. Good riddance.

I know it's easier to win meaningless matches, but it does show what this squad is capable of given some proper leadership. Too many of these f***ers were coasting under McClaren.

They clearly had no respect for McClaren.

Don't know whether to be happy, frustrated, angry or hopeful - even by NUFC standards that was extraordinary.

To be happy and cheerful after relegation..... absolutely mental.

p*ssed off that certain players turned up today though. Good riddance.

This.

Sissoko, Janmaat and Gini can all fuck off. Can't stand any of them.

They clearly had no respect for McClaren.

Or Carver before that. Charnley has singlehandedly relegated us with his cowardly decision making.

So was there a lap of honour or did they leave?

Players gathered in the centre circle, milled around and clapped the crowd. Rafa came on to cheers, clapped the Crowd. Non-stop Rafa chants,which turned into steady claps, then 'we want you to stay'. Lots of Newcastle fans stayed back, Spurs end already empty. Janmaat cut a troubled figure, squatting down staring into the crowd with his hand on his mouth, seemed overwhelmed to see the level of support and positivity after the players had let us down so badly.