Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"We was trying to get players over the line.  Maybe one or two before the window slams shut."

"Obviously, every player has a price and if a top club comes in for one of my ballers, there is nothing I can do."

Just wanted to copy those Pardew quotes in to remind everyone (not that it is needed) just how much better life is under Rafa.

:thup:

He's fucking amazing, he's just a proper manager and the difference in the whole club with him in charge vs pond scum like Pardew is just night and day.  No need to argue over the meaning of his comments, "will you spend more" "yeah", simple as that.

He's fucking amazing, he's just a proper manager and the difference in the whole club with him in charge vs pond scum like Pardew is just night and day.  No need to argue over the meaning of his comments, "will you spend more" "yeah", simple as that.

Spot on.

Not rumoured, but does anyone think it would be worth a shot trying to get Giovinco?

He wouldn't come here

Might do. He's not playing in the best league right now, surely we'll match what wages the MLS are giving him, and the prospect of playing under Rafa and earning promotion to the Premier League would be there as well.

Not rumoured, but does anyone think it would be worth a shot trying to get Giovinco?

He wouldn't come here

Might do. He's not playing in the best league right now, surely we'll match what wages the MLS are giving him, and the prospect of playing under Rafa and earning promotion to the Premier League would be there as well.

Isn't he the highest paid player in MLS?

He wouldn't come here

Isn't he the highest paid player in MLS?

Second to KaKa. On about £105k a week.

I think he will stay fwiw.

Be pleased if he does stay.

And if he does leave, I will be right, which I like.

You still reckon he'll leave Ikon?

What are you on about??

What are you on about??

You said you think Tiote will stay.

What are you on about??

Yeah,i did say this. Just that you wrote "You still reckon he'll leave Ikon?" which sounded like i expected him to leave when in fact it was the opposite.

My gut feeling then was that i thought he would stay. Did we have a bet or something?

What are you on about??

Yeah,i did say this. Just that you wrote "You still reckon he'll leave Ikon?" which sounded like i expected him to leave when in fact it was the opposite.

My gut feeling then was that i thought he would stay. Did we have a bet or something?

Yeah if f*cked up, it was very early in the morning, my attempt of being clever backfired. No bet was involved I was just basking in the glory of being right, well nearly right as Tiote obviously hasn't gone yet.

On a serious note its a shame cause a fit Tiote with the right mindset would of been one of the best players in the Championship.

Mark DouglasVerified account ‏@MsiDouglas  35s36 seconds ago

NUFC want to sign 'four or five more' - or so Rafa said to Phil Brown:

"I’ve just spoken with Rafa – he came into the dressing room not for a beer, just for a chat.

He’s just said to me that he still wants to bring four or five players in and yet you look at the squad there and he can boast what 22 to 24 players in the squad here and every one of them can play in the Championship.

But he wants better, he wants to get promoted, he wants to finish first, which is every Newcastle fan’s dream to finish as champions of the league.

But it’s not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Everybody’s going to go to St James’ Park and it’s their cup final.

Everybody’s said that, and they’ve got to be mentally prepared for that.

Now listen, I’m a North-East man; I’m a Sunderland fan but I’m a North-East man so it’d be great to see Newcastle get promoted and see Sunderland and Middlesbrough stay up there. "

Guest antz1uk

Mark DouglasVerified account ‏@MsiDouglas  35s36 seconds ago

NUFC want to sign 'four or five more' - or so Rafa said to Phil Brown:

Phil brown AKA Rent a quote

Load of rumours that Pritchard coming here is close to be finalised.

Can't say i've seen too much of him personally.

same, what kind of player is he? 

For Brentford he seemed to always be behind the striker(s). Seems to have a good shot on him and takes a decent free kick. Never really seen him take players on but he's listed as a winger.

Surprised Spurs are getting rid, he was the next big thing 2 years ago.