Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Like Kanji says, I would also love it if Rafael brought in a couple of promising young players from RM for example. Can't help but feel that there are good players who are extremely talented but just won't get the chance at some clubs. I just love naturally technical players with a silky touch.

If we got our £12m back I wouldn't mind if we lose Shelvey. He seems to want to make a go of it this season, I just don't think he has the motor required to be a top central midfielder.

I have a feeling Shelvey will end up at Palace. Think Pardew wanted him in January too.

He'd have to get rid of Cabaye then.

Would probably play one at number 10. Think he played Shelvey there at Charlton, and also used Cabaye there loads.

Cabaye is used more as a holding midfielder by Pardew, no reason why Shelvey couldn't play ahead of him. That would be a very technically accomplished midfield, but no bite.

Obviously Shelvey hasn't done well but I would still hope he can play a part this season. He gets a pass for last season IMO, everyone basically does.

I don't know if he has the attributes to be a top PL midfielder but I'm sure he's not as bad as he's shown for us so far.

I don't like Shelvey. He's gutless albeit it very talented. Captain imagination can have him.

How is he "gutless?" :lol:

People have this strange fetish with anointing footballers as cowards.

I don't like Shelvey. He's gutless albeit it very talented. Captain imagination can have him.

How is he "gutless?" [emoji38]

People have this strange fetish with anointing footballers as cowards.

He isn't gutless don't think he's particularly good or interested in playing for us mind.

I have a feeling Shelvey will end up at Palace. Think Pardew wanted him in January too.

He'd have to get rid of Cabaye then.

Would probably play one at number 10. Think he played Shelvey there at Charlton, and also used Cabaye there loads.

Shelvey would be terrible as a number 10 like, takes away the best part of his game

You're probably right, it's probably more about me wanting Left footed attacking LB :lol: I rate Dummett defensively  but a technically better attacking one with end product would make a big difference imo. One more option in the last third to provide width and another body high up the pitch.

You're probably right, it's probably more about me wanting Left footed attacking LB :lol: I rate Dummett defensively  but a technically better attacking one with end product would make a big difference imo. One more option in the last third to provide width and another body high up the pitch.

I agree with you i'm just starting to think we are going to stick with what we have and if we get promoted then we'll get a left back. There probably isn't many left footed left backs who are comfortable going forward available who would play in the championship anyway.

The impression I get about Shelvey is its always someone else's fault, that and the pointing. The pointing bugs me, especially when he's in acres of space.

He reminds me of the people I hate playing football with the most, the people who are constantly having a go at their teammates.

The impression I get about Shelvey is its always someone else's fault, that and the pointing. The pointing bugs me, especially when he's in acres of space.

He reminds me of the people I hate playing football with the most, the people who are constantly having a go at their teammates.

If it's justified what's wrong with that? Certainly not enough of it in the modern game.

If it's justified what's wrong with that? Certainly not enough of it in the modern game.

With Shelvey it doesn't seem entirely justified. Just shouting because you're frustrated does nobody any good.