Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benteke isn't Rafa's type of striker at all, look at all his teams and all of his strikers are who play on the shoulder of the last defender. Besides i'd feel like sticking with Gayle considering he can't stop scoring is the right thing to do tbh. :lol:

think we'll buy an upgraded version of gayle with gayle as backup and keep mitro for plan b

Agree. I don't know about keeping Gayle as back up, not sure he'll want to go back to sitting on the bench, but Benitez's best line up for Liverpool was with Torres leading the line. Much though I like Gayle, when we go up I think a CL class striker will be a priority for Benitez.

Honestly don't think any of our lot will want to abandon ship, great team spirit, we'll be back in the prem in six months time and Rafa will have us competing in a couple of years time.

I agree. Can't see lascelles leaving.

How mad is it that we're in the Championship and are confident we won't be losing anyone to Chelsea.  :lol:

Honestly don't think any of our lot will want to abandon ship, great team spirit, we'll be back in the prem in six months time and Rafa will have us competing in a couple of years time.

How mad is it that we're in the Championship and are confident we won't be losing anyone to Chelsea.  :lol:

Can't see Lascelles leaving, Rafa is building something good

He clearly would go like. :lol:

Nah, maybe if we did decide to sell him. If we decided that we want to keep him he wouldn't argue against and would happily stay imo.

Not every footballer is a cunt Dave, or just thinking about money. At least i doubt very much that Lascelles is one of them.

That´s rather optimistic.. If clubs like Chelsea comes calling I mean

He clearly would go like. :lol:

Nah, maybe if we did decide to sell him. If we decided that we want to keep him he wouldn't argue against and would happily stay imo.

Not every footballer is a cunt Dave, or just thinking about money. At least i doubt very much that Lascelles is one of them.

Agreed, it's just the vast majority of them as evidenced every transfer window.

I'm as positive as anyone about the current state of the club but I think being confident any player wouldn't drop us like a shitty stick to go to Chelsea is very wishful thinking.

wonder what sort of wage he'll be on with us, can't imagine it'll be that much...offer of a move to chelsea and he's set for life at 23 or whatever

i'm sure he loves rafa to bits but unless the club offered him a similar contract you'd have to imagine he'd be thinking about it

in the fantasy world where that rumour is in any way true of course

Cannot see Lascelles leaving at this point, but he could easily do so if we fail to go up, or we do go up and Rafa falls out with Ashley.

18m would represent a tidy profit and we all know how our owner looks at that....if everything looks OK, he could hang on for a year or two.