Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it's a coincidence that Mbemba's been marginalised since his poor game against Wolves

Absolutely, he was dreadful in that game and had started the season a little sloppy. Rafa doesn't suffer fools, and he'll have to work his way back into the team, Clark and Lascelles are playing very well and there is no need to change that right now.

It's merely speculation but if Chelsea really did come in with a decent offer, it would be more of a draw for Ashley to hang on to him until we are promoted.

Lascelles potential value could be far higher than 18m, even taking his playing ability to one side. He's a natural leader and a very good speaker with a certain clean cut look that is a PR departments dream.

You forget he's still a kid basically and will have many of his best years ahead of him, his value will only increase.

Mbemba was looking excellent prior to that Wolves game and was a big part of our first winning streak this season, he did have a nightmare in that game though and Clarke has snapped his up chance.  Hell of a long season and Mbemba will get game time

Mbemba was looking excellent prior to that Wolves game and was a big part of our first winning streak this season, he did have a nightmare in that game though and Clarke has snapped his up chance.  Hell of a long season and Mbemba will get game time

Yeah I thought both CBs were terrible that day. I think we often forget that Mbemba has only just turned 22 and he's still got a lot of learning to do (as has Lascelles). Hope they both have successful careers with us though

Lascelles is going nowhere, bar a stupid bid that I don't think anyone is willing to make, these are Rafa's decisions now and he's not going to sell his talisman for anything other than stupid money, guaranteed, in his own words "we are no longer a selling club".

As for Mbemba, his time will come, it's a long season and the current two are immense at the moment, why change a winning formula? Mbemba's style of play will be essential back in the Premiership and I have no doubt he'll stay.

It's merely speculation but if Chelsea really did come in with a decent offer, it would be more of a draw for Ashley to hang on to him until we are promoted.

Lascelles potential value could be far higher than 18m, even taking his playing ability to one side. He's a natural leader and a very good speaker with a certain clean cut look that is a PR departments dream.

You forget he's still a kid basically and will have many of his best years ahead of him, his value will only increase.

dunno, january market is usually peak value. I like him but he's hardly a world beater imho and the only reason I can think of for Chelsea to sign him is to fill out the english trained quota

I do get the sense he is thick as mince though. Not 'on message'/party line, but nevertheless true. If this, however unkind, is accurate then I'd get shot sharpish: "Stupid is and stupid does..." as in he will be far less likely to improve than someone 'good at learning'.

I do get the sense he is thick as mince though. Not 'on message'/party line, but nevertheless true. If this, however unkind, is accurate then I'd get shot sharpish: "Stupid is and stupid does..." as in he will be far less likely to improve than someone 'good at learning'.

What on Earth is this nonsense? :lol:

What on Earth is this nonsense? :lol:

I feel a little thicker having read that...

Lascelles? Thick? WTF? I highly doubt Benitez would have made him captain at such a young age had he been "thick as mince".

:lol::lol:

It's like you put half of this post (and several others, it has to be said) through Google Translate just for a laugh. :lol:

:lol: love that!

:lol::lol:

It's like you put half of this post (and several others, it has to be said) through Google Translate just for a laugh. :lol:

Eez zee pure Ingaleesh you gormless faced Middletonian.

You sense he is thick ? How do you do that, Spiderman or Darth Vader ? Probably one of the stupidest posts I`ve read on here in 10-11 years. Even if he was thick it wouldn`t get in the way of him improving as a CB. By your logic Chris Smalling should be the worlds best CB. 

Lascelles? Thick? WTF? I highly doubt Benitez would have made him captain at such a young age had he been "thick as mince".

I taught Lascelles. He isn't thick.